PDA

View Full Version : Find Out What Others Use In Their Art.

tiv
09-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Well, lets find out what others work with. Its not mentioned well...add a comment ^_^

CrimsonButterflies
09-03-2004, 10:18 AM
i had to go for a combanation of things because i use pencil/cameras/adobe/watertemplates/Scratchboard

:D but mostly pencil

tiv
09-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Oddly enough, I prefer to draw in blue, medium point, ball point pen made by papermate. O_o; Because I'm weird. But I also draw in pencil, charcoal, conte crayon, I paint in acrylic and I've experimented with a few other things.

riku
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM
I like to use whatever I can get my hands on... Photoshop, pens, pencils, crayons, markers, colored pencils, and oil pastels. But I usually just use a pencil.

otaku_hos
09-03-2004, 04:11 PM
oh yeah,I love use pencil,and erazer(hehe,bcauz it's easy)..and then is black ink pics...some time when I make manga,I use PShop when finnish!!^^ PS is usefull...but I don't like to use it very much.

Shadowstarr
09-03-2004, 09:05 PM
i use a pencil.... and a eraser :D
and that is all

gadgetgirl16
09-03-2004, 09:06 PM
i use pencil, paper and photo draw......i do draw a lot but it can be mixed

Justina / Tenchigirl15
09-03-2004, 10:28 PM
on my drawlings I use in hand :

Pencil / colored

Pen / drawned Ink / Ball point

Marker / colored / perminted point

paint / watercolor / Oil

pastels / oil

Crayon

art programs I use :

Microsoft PhotoDraw v2

Paint Shop Pro 7 & Paint Shop Pro 8

iPhoto plus 4

Open Canvas (verry old version)

and of course MS paint for a lil touchups ;)

tiv
09-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Well, for my anime drawing i like to work in pencil then ink it with micron pens as well as us blue ball point which is fun to work with and...very...inexpensive (gotta make up for those micron pens some how).
I've worked with prismacolor, which is fun though to get them to blend together you have to press really hard, i want to experiment more with them.
I've also painted, using both acrylic and oil though I've found that I like acrylic better as I don't like how long oils take to dry. I painted a picture...about..five months ago and its still not done drying. You just have to have a water bottle to spray over the acrylics when you're working with them becaue sometimes they dry a little too fast. ^_^;
I worked with charcoal and conte crayon in life drawing and found that I really enjoyed working in conte crayon, though its a lot of building up and working over and over the picture to get the effect that you want it to have.
Building things up in pencil is also nice to experiment with, especially if you have one of those nice sets that has all the shades.

There's a lot more too...but...those are what I like to work with besides those twelve for under a dollar boxes of pens. X3

Fabala
09-09-2004, 08:11 PM
I can't even imagine working in only one media O.o; So I won't.

I usually at least start in pencil, either moving on from there or making it a pencil-drawing and spraying it with fixative should it be necessary. More in general I've used pens, markers, crayons, oil pastels, colored pencisl (Prismacolors I love you XD) and charcoal (both in large rough sticks and pencils in varying shades). For painting I've used water colors (I used to hate them and have no control, but now I use REAL ones ^^; And better paper. Makes all the difference.), tempra and acrylics (Which I LOVE because you can do about anything with them if you work at it, and they actually DRY). I haven't stepped into the world of oils yet and it may be a long time until I do, if ever.

My selection on the above was the mixed media because, well, I've done heaps of that even on the same piece. Charcoal (fixative) and paints (water color or acrylic- best mixed with some kind of thinner), pastels and water color, colored pencil and paints, pastels and colored pencil, sometimes more. Sometimes the object I paint on has been included in the art as well, such as glass in various places, mirrors, pottery, walls, and once pieces of acetate placed between frames to get a 3D textured effect.

This was cruel, because now I want to go make some fresh art ;p

nanakitoff
09-09-2004, 11:07 PM
I just make line drawings, then they are shaded and colored with pastels. I dont know why but I cant draw on the computer, it looks horrible. Its great when other people do it though.

Die Tod von Euch
09-10-2004, 02:27 AM
A vast majority of my works are done in pencil. But, I also do a great bit using the following:

Ink (not just in a pen...I also mean ink from an ink well...)

Screentones (think manga)

willow (sticks of willow...um..kinda like charcoal...only...not..)

pastels (both chalk and oil pastels)

watercolors

acrylics

oils (they do dry...you need to make sure you use linseed oil, otherwise it'll take forever and a day for them to dry...)

Photoshop (using a tablet and using my mouse)

Mystical p-chan
09-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Pencil (No.2 Office depot is the best)
Extremely thin marker over it.
Erase the extra pencil lines
Color in with color pencil

Simple as that!

tiv
10-19-2004, 08:35 AM
well this did used to be a poll...i suppose i'll think of some other polls later for us. ^_^; its still interesting to find out what others use in their drawing.

skyler22
10-19-2004, 10:05 AM
i would have to go with the pencil led the needed to be clicked stuff point five led only im just weird like that
but what is also needed is a good posistion when im drawing i gotta get confertabul