PDA

View Full Version : Square-enix

Sinjoda
08-30-2004, 04:44 PM
The characters in Square-Enix games keep getting more and more caring. What we need is another cold-hearted hero. Does anyone agree?

Rem
08-30-2004, 04:57 PM
What square-enix needs is more ideas. This a quote from a squre enix board meeting. "Well games like the bouncer and unlimited saga tanked i Know lets make another final fantasy! All we have to do is re-name the same lousy characters we have been useing for years. Its gold pure gold!

CrimsonButterflies
08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
I agree with Sinjoda. They need more "Ill kill you if you look at me wrong" chars. and less "hey im ____ wanna be friends?"

Sinjoda
08-30-2004, 06:17 PM
The main char. doesn't need friends, he/she need kick donkey overdrives or limit breaks to finish the fight and say some like cold heart, and has the look of a pure killer.

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
I think they need to make a game with a confused, depressed female main-character, who has amnesia, and feels out of place until she takes care of a village of orphans in a twisted, post apocalyptic world. Oh, and she has green hair.

In case you can't tell, I want a FF6 remake. Than to hell with them. Ticked me off way too many times.

AngryYoungMan
08-31-2004, 09:13 PM
I just think Square Enix needs to become Square again before they insult me any more than they already have with X-2. Personally they need some heroes who have no angst but spend their time boozing and picking fights, and some bad guys who just love to hurt other people for no particular reason. Now THAT'S pure gold!

Rem
08-31-2004, 11:24 PM
Nooooooo we need more bad asses like clint east wood!

Regex
09-01-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Manhatten_Project_2000@Aug 30 2004, 11:07 PM
I think they need to make a game with a confused, depressed female main-character, who has amnesia, and feels out of place until she takes care of a village of orphans in a twisted, post apocalyptic world. Oh, and she has green hair.

In case you can't tell, I want a FF6 remake. Than to hell with them. Ticked me off way too many times.
She was only the "main" character during the first half of the game. The second half of the game was more focused on Celes than Terra.

Honestly, the "one hero" characters aren't necessary. It makes for a huge loss of story. FFVI was good in that way. It had Shadow and General Leo to be your "I'm your hero" characters, but they were supporting characters. And that works.

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, but when Celes was the "main character", she didn't have a lot of story... Really just the Cid/Island thing. She was just the somewhat bland character they could send after the other characters, because much of her story was done.

The second half didn't have a lot of storyline that was dependent on more than one character, and Celes is rarely a part of the it either way.

But I agree you don't need to focus on one character. And the lack of a clearly defined main character is one of the things that makes Final Fantasy 6 refreshing when compared to other RPG's now-a-day.

(Shadow never struck me as one of the heroic characters. Edgar, Sabin, Locke and Cyan are all fairly heroic, but thankfully not in the current FF sense.)

Regex
09-01-2004, 09:47 AM
It was more his attitude that he exuded. He had the attitude of a loner. When he needed to, he took control of the situation on his own, and made things go in his favor. I believe that is the same attitude that Sinjoda was saying they need.

AngryYoungMan
09-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by SEGA SATURN MAN@Sep 1 2004, 12:24 AM
Nooooooo we need more bad asses like clint east wood!
well the guys would be badass, that doesn't mean they can't get smashed and beat up drunks.

And There needs to be a few of those kind of characters with each having a good backstory, but the game can't focus too much on that.

wing 7
09-02-2004, 11:58 PM
bull ff caracters are awesome like cloud besides square games are awesome

Rem
09-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Cough*the bouncer sucked*cough

AngryYoungMan
09-03-2004, 04:03 PM
*coughkingdomheartssuckscough* *coughFFX-2suckscough*

Sinjoda
09-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SEGA SATURN MAN@Sep 3 2004, 10:58 AM
Cough*the bouncer sucked*cough
I agree that game sucked major donkey

Teny
09-04-2004, 10:34 AM
kingdomharts was a good game.
besudes allthe disnery characters..
i mean areail and he lot, and alice and cinderalla.
thery weren't needed.
but others were.

AngryYoungMan
09-04-2004, 01:24 PM
Maybe if they took ALL the disney characters out of the game it would suck slightly less.

Forever_Love
09-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Square Enix does need cold-hearted characters I noe but wudn't Seymour and Sephiroth count as realleh bad ppl ?

Oh yeah, the Disney® characters realleh suk so y did dey put dem on ?

*thinx long* hmmm

AngryYoungMan
09-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Seymour didn't really even seem like a bad guy to me. He kinda seemed like the guy that you call "mom" in a college dorm.

Sephiroth wasn't invented by square-enix, they only bought him.

And like I said, It must have been some serious, long-term hallucinogen abuse that brought the designers to even use disney characters in the same conversation as squall, cloud, or any FF character. That and the keyblade. I'm not even gonna go into my keyblade rant right now :angry:

Waterz_Dagger
09-12-2004, 04:58 AM
um.. seymour is nothing but a pr!ck seeking younger girls (yuna).. plain and simple.. FFX/FFX-2 were good tho!)

I think they need characters not necisarily (<-lol) &#39;&#39;cold-hearted&#39;&#39;, but characters with interesting, weird, etc. stories, and how they react to the attention of other &#39;&#39;weird&#39;&#39; characters... now THATS the kinda dialogue i like.. imagine an escaped prisonor convicted for rape and murder, who weilds an impressive blade, and has a wife and kids, talking to a girl who was kidnapped, and experimented on,blah blah, w/e, u know what i mean, its cool when ppl like Vincent talk to ppl like Auron basically... (that might not be accurate, i havent played FFX in a bit)

and um.. what? FFX-2 sux? tut, its funny how all you ppl who play the game for about 20 mins, and come up with &#39;&#39;this sux&#39;&#39;... as far as im concerned, when u progress thru the game, and collect better dresspheres (Dark Knight, Samurai, Berserker etc.) the games battle system actually gets really good, its basically ATB gauge at its peak.. honestly its worth those cut-scenes with YRP chit-chatting.. all i know is, whoever says FFX is better, I HAVE to laugh at..
My thoughts when i beat FFX &#39;&#39;grr... F that game... SO EASY&#33; its like FF for noobs... battle system WAY too boring... grr...&#39;&#39;

and guys, i admit FFX had a great story, but thats not the only reason i enjoy RPG&#39;s.. if i wanted to play FF for only the story, i would blow the same amount of cash to buy plenty of BOOKS with a great story.. &#39;nuff said.

Forever_Love
09-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Seymour has like, a split personality sorta. First, its Yuna, fell in love now gone outta love and now he wants to use her. I think now Seymour is more ®£&#39;l&#39;Ã.®d£d now than "evil". hehehehe

AngryYoungMan
09-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Waterz_Dagger@Sep 12 2004, 05:58 AM
um.. seymour is nothing but a pr&#33;ck seeking younger girls (yuna).. plain and simple.. FFX/FFX-2 were good tho&#33;)

I think they need characters not necisarily (<-lol) &#39;&#39;cold-hearted&#39;&#39;, but characters with interesting, weird, etc. stories, and how they react to the attention of other &#39;&#39;weird&#39;&#39; characters... now THATS the kinda dialogue i like.. imagine an escaped prisonor convicted for rape and murder, who weilds an impressive blade, and has a wife and kids, talking to a girl who was kidnapped, and experimented on,blah blah, w/e, u know what i mean, its cool when ppl like Vincent talk to ppl like Auron basically... (that might not be accurate, i havent played FFX in a bit)

and um.. what? FFX-2 sux? tut, its funny how all you ppl who play the game for about 20 mins, and come up with &#39;&#39;this sux&#39;&#39;... as far as im concerned, when u progress thru the game, and collect better dresspheres (Dark Knight, Samurai, Berserker etc.) the games battle system actually gets really good, its basically ATB gauge at its peak.. honestly its worth those cut-scenes with YRP chit-chatting.. all i know is, whoever says FFX is better, I HAVE to laugh at..
My thoughts when i beat FFX &#39;&#39;grr... F that game... SO EASY&#33; its like FF for noobs... battle system WAY too boring... grr...&#39;&#39;

and guys, i admit FFX had a great story, but thats not the only reason i enjoy RPG&#39;s.. if i wanted to play FF for only the story, i would blow the same amount of cash to buy plenty of BOOKS with a great story.. &#39;nuff said.
I played FFx-2 the first time long enough to know how much it made me sick, and on the second chance I gave it I hated it just as much :angry:

And X did NOT have a good story. It had a stupid and pointless one meandering about in the realms of summoning, time travel, and retarded ideas on the fayth and the whole <center><table size=50% border=1 bgcolor=black cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3><tr><td><font color=white size=1>Spoiler:</font><font size=1>(select below, to read)</font></td></tr><tr><td><font color=black>zanarkand in the past thing.</font></td></tr></table></center> I&#39;ll agree about the battle system though.

Seymour has like, a split personality sorta. First, its Yuna, fell in love now gone outta love and now he wants to use her.
I&#39;m pretty sure he wanted to use her from the beginning. that was an interesting twist , with the marriage, but after that seymour&#39;s character turned really half-assed

Waterz_Dagger
09-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by AngryYoungMan+Sep 19 2004, 03:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AngryYoungMan @ Sep 19 2004, 03:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Waterz_Dagger@Sep 12 2004, 05:58 AM
um.. seymour is nothing but a pr&#33;ck seeking younger girls (yuna)..&nbsp; plain and simple.. FFX/FFX-2 were good tho&#33;)

I think they need characters not&nbsp; necisarily (<-lol) &#39;&#39;cold-hearted&#39;&#39;, but characters with interesting, weird, etc. stories, and how they react to the attention of other &#39;&#39;weird&#39;&#39; characters... now THATS the kinda dialogue i like.. imagine an escaped prisonor convicted for rape and murder, who weilds an impressive blade, and has a wife and kids, talking to a girl who was kidnapped, and experimented on,blah blah, w/e, u know what i mean, its cool when ppl like Vincent talk to ppl like Auron basically... (that might not be accurate, i havent played FFX in a bit)

I played FFx-2 the first time long enough to know how much it made me sick, and on the second chance I gave it I hated it just as much :angry:

And X did NOT have a good story. It had a stupid and pointless one meandering about in the realms of summoning, time travel, and retarded ideas on the fayth and the whole <center><table size=50% border=1 bgcolor=black cellpadding=3 cellspacing=3><tr><td><font color=white size=1>Spoiler:</font><font size=1>(select below, to read)</font></td></tr><tr><td><font color=black>zanarkand in the past thing.</font></td></tr></table></center> I&#39;ll agree about the battle system though.

Seymour has like, a split personality sorta. First, its Yuna, fell in love now gone outta love and now he wants to use her.
I&#39;m pretty sure he wanted to use her from the beginning. that was an interesting twist , with the marriage, but after that seymour&#39;s character turned really half-assed [/b][/quote]
really? i thought X had a pretty decent story, especially since they haven&#39;t had a good one for a while :^_^:

AngryYoungMan
09-19-2004, 08:10 PM
I thought that 8 and tactics had great plots

Zedekiah
09-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Hm.. Yes, Square-Enix did leave me with the sense of insipidity.

Annik
10-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Well I agree. Tidus was so whiny.

We need... Cloud. Cloud was badass.

I've pretty much enjoyed all the games, though. I still have yet to beat 1 or 2 - but I'm not even close to beating 1 and I've tried too many times to count on 2. I though Tactics was an awesome game. I only disliked X because the last boss... well... it explains itself when you fight him/it. Auto-life? Gah! That's like an automatic win!

I also enjoyed X-2. Lots of singing and dancing and Monkeys. It was silly. I bet they had a fun time making it.

7, though, was the best. I don't know why. I play that game over and over and over... And I can't wait to play the new one that's coming out, The Dirge of Cerberus. Vincent as a main character? Well maybe you got your wish. Except he does seem to have a soft spot for Lucrecia.

Whatever.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0409/game091504a.shtml

To prove I'm not making crap up.

Noemi
10-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Calintz, I love you for having Cerberus info.

Each Final Fantasy has it's own wonderful points and I can't really blame the company formally known as Squaresoft for rehashing the already successful ideas. I've seen trailers for XII and it looks good to me. When they have something that successful, they can afford to experiment on things such as Kingdom Hearts (which I actually enjoyed and am looking forward to Chain of Memories) and the Bouncer (haven't played it, and I keep getting discouraging reviews so I doubt I will).

Now here's the controversial part :p

Since companies base their new releases on sales of old ones, which Final Fantasy do you think they found to be the best? VII. VII has now spawned two more games (Dirge of Cerberus (http://www.the-magicbox.com/0409/game091504a.shtml) and Before Crisis (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7bc/ff7bc.html)), two games with guest appearances of the characters (Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring (http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/games/ehrgeiz.html), and Kingdom Hearts (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/kinghearts/kinghearts.html).), a movie (Advent Children (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7ac/ff7ac.html)), and even a cell phone commercial (I kid you not, take a look: http://panasonic.jp/mobile/p900iv/index.html . You figure it out.

Annik
10-05-2004, 10:25 AM
You're welcome, Noemi.

As for WHY Seven was so popular... It was the first Final fantasy game on PS, and therefore on Disc. It was the beginning of the emergence of the Final Fantasy series into pop culture. It was no longer for just game geeks with Nintendo. Seven also had the first TV Commercial [that I know of] as well as promotional posters. One was of the Junon Cannon and the other was 'Program Boy' as I call it, featuring Tifa. It was also the first to use anime-like CG.

Seven basically introduced just about everyone to the series.

PS - I can't wait to play these new games!

____

As for Seven the game... it was actually never even finished - if you complete certain things you can find a debug room that plays Aeris' theme. In the room, you can only move on the left-hand side of the screen. This is where Aeris was supposed to be ressurected. However, they ran out of time and couldn't finish the game.

That's what I heard anyway. I'm prone to believe it, too - I saw a screen cap of the 'debug' room.

Suzuna
10-05-2004, 03:48 PM
I agree, VII is totally the best. FFX was really good too (hey look, it's also got a spin-off! XP). I don't think that VII is so popular ONLY because it was the first on the Playstation.. but also because it's just that good.

Annik
10-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Squaresoft is slowly taking over the world.

Mark my words.

One day, they will come.

Orca
12-26-2004, 05:23 PM
yes they havee to many goody 2 shoes they need some guy/gal that would walk up to an inocinent man and beat the crap out out of them not some 1 who would give money to the poor get a badass char. and beat the hell out of people that he/she dosent like that wpould be awesome

i thought the main char. in ff6 had blue hair well that dosent really matter

Orca
12-26-2004, 05:24 PM
yes they havee to many goody 2 shoes they need some guy/gal that would walk up to an inocinent man and beat the crap out out of them not some 1 who would give money to the poor get a badass char. and beat the hell out of people that he/she dosent like that wpould be awesome

i thought the main char. in ff6 had blue hair well that dosent really matter