PDA

View Full Version : Wow, some people are REALLY STUPID.

Animedude5555
02-23-2015, 03:04 PM
I just read this news story Pregnant Austrian teen who ran off to join ISIS says she 'made a mistake' (http://rt.com/news/195100-syria-isis-austria-teenagers/)

What on earth would make a pregnant teenage girl want to run off and join a terrorist group? How can anybody be SO STUPID? I hope they come back to their families safe, and that they don't actually engage in any terrorist acts where they've run off to.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-23-2015, 04:30 PM
I just read this news story Pregnant Austrian teen who ran off to join ISIS says she 'made a mistake' (http://rt.com/news/195100-syria-isis-austria-teenagers/)

What on earth would make a pregnant teenage girl want to run off and join a terrorist group? How can anybody be SO STUPID? I hope they come back to their families safe, and that they don't actually engage in any terrorist acts where they've run off to.They didn't become pregnant until after running off and becoming married to Chechen fighters. Other than that, sucks to be them. Let them wallow in their regrets until they have the gumption to change their ways/leave.

haku10110101
02-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Didn't need to read it, the title of the article and the title of the post says it all I'm sure. lol and I'm not sure mistake really apply's voluntary treason. people these days are so misguided its sad like wow...just wow...

ZombieWolf2508
02-24-2015, 05:27 AM
VG, you should join up and free all the poor misguided sheople.

Cross Avantgarde
02-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Let’s make an attempt not to derail this thread, shall we? Surely the obsession with shooting down threads from VG, no matter their merit, has to give way every now and then; it's been done ad nauseam. This is an interesting read, and has been commented on by several news outlets.

On topic: the phenomenon of disaffected and unhappy teens joining ISIS/ISIL from western countries is very concerning. Many other individuals have done so, only to regret their decision, which has been reported upon both online and on television. In fact, ISIL has killed many of its own members lately as they have had an increase in desertions as of late.

Kurdish peshmerga forces, coalition airstrikes, and Syrian rebels are picking away at ISIL relentlessly, and its strategy to step up the violence in order to deter such attacks simply hasn’t worked. Its two largest cities, Mosul (Iraq) and Raqqa (Syria), are suffering from high food prices, and Mosul has been in sight of the Kurds for weeks now. A plan to take back Mosul has been forecast for April or May of this year, and may begin sooner. In other words, it’s no surprise that people want out now, though I think that the westerners who join are much more appalled by the reality of the culture of violence that ISIL propagates as opposed to its inevitable defeat.

I am also intrigued by the fact that these Chechen fighters were present in Syria. Yes, Islamic radicals from different parts of the world have joined ISIL, but I am particularly surprised since Chechnya has always seemed much more focused on fighting Russia than getting involved in larger conflicts in the Middle East.

Clayton_n
02-25-2015, 03:41 PM
A teenage girl who made a serious life altering mistake? A terrorist group that does things women and children don't approve of? I'm shocked!

Does ISIS really think they're going to bring down America? Cause if so... they're kinda dumb.

In any case it's always good when people defect from our enemies. Here's hoping it's the start of a trend.

Kumagawa
02-27-2015, 03:50 AM
Does ISIS really think they're going to bring down America? Cause if so... they're kinda dumb.

Not really- They´re fighting to unify the middle east into one islamic state, and plan to take over parts of Europe like Turkey and Spain (former muslim areas). They also have plans to attack Italy and take over Rome, since it´s the world´s center of Catholicism.
http://www.ibtimes.com/isis-rome-next-now-islamic-state-libya-will-italy-become-breeding-ground-extremists-1820674
http://rt.com/news/233839-isis-turkey-attack-diplomatic/
Then again, I´m sure that once it all hits the fan good ol´ NATO will smash them into oblivion.

Anyway, about the girls: I´d say it serves them right. If you betray europe you get what´s coming to ya.

Clayton_n
02-27-2015, 11:58 AM
You don't unify people by picking on the only country in the world who have actually used nukes and who tend to think along the lines of "you blew up to of our buildings so we'll blow up two of your countries".