PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

version15
01-14-2015, 06:57 PM
Hi people, I'm version15, and if you've ever seen this username anywhere else...its the same person lol :)

Anyways, might as well list off the animes I've enjoyed!

Death Note

Easily one my favorites (plus the intro in the first half is always awesome to me). Some amazing suspense, drama, and characterization here, I have probably never been more satisfied overall with any anime.

Persona 4 the Animation

I'm a big fan of the persona 4 games, from golden to arena to Q. I even have a great looking persona Q edition 3ds! But anyways, I really liked this anime, it was ridiculously funny at times and fleshed out some characters too. Only thing I didn't like, but understood, was the generalization in how Yu interacted with the ladies, but again, it makes sense.

Attack on Titan

I do like this anime, if only because the stakes constantly feel high, and I'm never sure if someone's going to die. The characters are interesting, and as the episodes progressed I actually grew to not mind Captain Levi. Looking forward to more seasons!

Sword Art Online

I've only watched season 1 dubbed on netflix, but I really liked this actually. Yea, I get it has its problems, but I personally enjoyed the ride from beginning to end. Plus I think the dub actors really nailed it here, and a good dub is really important to me. Hoping for a season 2 dub on netflix!

Fullmetal alchemist/brotherhood

Another set of my absolute favorites, I honestly feel like I could recommend either of them to anybody. I think each have their advantages, so I suggest watching both! From action, to drama, to humor, and so much more, I couldnt stop till the end.

Berserk

Oh man...when I got to eclipse I was absolutely horrified. Absolutely horrified, yet I couldn't take my eyes off of what was happening. The journey almost seemed pointless, but In a way it has its own beauty for it. Its unafraid of the ramifications of its own reality.

Rosario + Vampire

I know, I know. This is probably my guiltiest Anime pleasure, but you know what? No regrets! Funny, with some oddly dark and touching moments at times, I was introduced to this by my girlfriend, and while I was very hesitant (had just finished Death Note lol) I ended up enjoying it through and through. Mizore stuck to me :/ she will never be truly happy like I wanted her to be :p

And, while not an anime, I absolutely love Avatar:the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra!

Thanks for having me all :) appreciate it!

Astral_Mage
01-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Welcome welcome welcome :D

Welcome to AF, hope you will enjoy your stay the same as me :D

You're off to a good start as I see, don't hesitate to approach me whenever you need anything, hope to see more from you around, have fun :)

Shotcookie13512
01-14-2015, 10:13 PM
welcome to the forum!!:biggrin:

Digimon_Sommelier
01-14-2015, 11:12 PM
version15: WELCOME!! To the Greatest Anime Forum in the Galaxy: AF!!

Enjoy yourself and have a great week! :)

Zainox
01-15-2015, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the forum!!!

*throws confetti*

version15
01-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the welcomes :) I hope to get into some cool discussions around here.

someoneofforumpast
01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
version15 welcome to the forum. Although we are short in numbers we make up for it in expertise in our field of choice "otaku". So don't hesitate to ask a question and stick around. Read the rules. Follow said rules and it will all be easy peasy!

version15
01-15-2015, 10:09 AM
version15 welcome to the forum. Although we are short in numbers we make up for it in expertise in our field of choice "otaku". So don't hesitate to ask a question and stick around. Read the rules. Follow said rules and it will all be easy peasy!
Thank you very much! I'm actually kind of surprised this forum isn't more active considering the total number of registered users. I'm also surprised by the lack of threads in some sections, and I hope that we can all get into some good discussions here and there!

someoneofforumpast
01-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Well I would not say that there is a lack of threads. I think that there is just a lack of user involvement. And that can happen. The same priority that used to be had for such a forum has been set aside due to personal reasons and that is fair. But it is not up to the admins or mods to make this place great. It is the job of the user to bring forth discussion with other users and make them feel welcomed and apart of a community.

version15
01-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Well I would not say that there is a lack of threads. I think that there is just a lack of user involvement. And that can happen. The same priority that used to be had for such a forum has been set aside due to personal reasons and that is fair. But it is not up to the admins or mods to make this place great. It is the job of the user to bring forth discussion with other users and make them feel welcomed and apart of a community.

Oh, of course :) I'm an admin on another forum and believe me I get it. I'd like to add more to discussions when I can of course! I just hope I'm not too much of a casual for you guys lol.

someoneofforumpast
01-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Oh, of course :) I'm an admin on another forum and believe me I get it. I'd like to add more to discussions when I can of course! I just hope I'm not too much of a casual for you guys lol.

Haha I used to be the admin of mangadownload.net and then mangaforums.org

version15
01-15-2015, 07:05 PM
Haha I used to be the admin of mangadownload.net and then mangaforums.org

Niceee :) lol I'm admin of the psabr.boards.net

Ranshiin
01-16-2015, 03:18 AM
Out of all the anime in your first post, I've only seen Death Note. I feel so old. :/

Anyway. Welcome. ^_^

I'm one of the moderators of this particular part of the forum, in case you weren't sure ... and basically that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send one of us a message and we can try and help you.

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/faq.php). ^_^

version15
01-16-2015, 07:51 AM
Out of all the anime in your first post, I've only seen Death Note. I feel so old. :/

Anyway. Welcome. ^_^

I'm one of the moderators of this particular part of the forum, in case you weren't sure ... and basically that means that if you have any questions or problems then you can just send one of us a message and we can try and help you.

Also I have to say that you have to read the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/faq.php). ^_^

XD yea I'm a new age anime watcher or something. I haven't seen much in the way of the older ones except berserk (though even that isn't that old compared to some of the older ones lol)

Thank you for the welcome moderator! I've been looking over the rules no worries :)

someoneofforumpast
01-16-2015, 09:25 AM
We cannot be friends until you watch Akira :P

RyuTama
01-17-2015, 06:48 AM
A DeathNote, AoT, and FMA/FMA:B fan. Yeeeeeeeahh boi. Welcome welcome.

1nterest1ng is right though, Akira is wicked awesome. You should definitely check it out whenever you get the chance.

As for Berserk, I guess I really need to watch it huh? Lol. So much anime, so little time.

version15
01-17-2015, 08:46 AM
A DeathNote, AoT, and FMA/FMA:B fan. Yeeeeeeeahh boi. Welcome welcome.

1nterest1ng is right though, Akira is wicked awesome. You should definitely check it out whenever you get the chance.

As for Berserk, I guess I really need to watch it huh? Lol. So much anime, so little time.

Thanks for the welcome :) yea Berserk is pretty damn dark but its great.

And, well, two recommendations for Akira? I have no choice but to watch now!

Ranshiin
01-18-2015, 05:27 AM
I think Akira's just one of 'those anime' you just have to see whether you like it or not. I've never seen it at all but I still should. I'm just lazy. o3o

someoneofforumpast
01-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Ranshiin SHENANIGANS!!! It is to pay homage to anime fans everywhere :P

RyuTama DAMN STRAIGHT!! Berserk is Meh in my opinion the manga is WAY BETTER!

version15 Get too it.

Akira is on Netflix the last I checked.

version15
01-19-2015, 03:24 PM
@1interest1ing if its on netflix its quite doable for me!

someoneofforumpast
01-19-2015, 04:11 PM
@1interest1ing if its on netflix its quite doable for me!

then make haste :)

version15
01-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Nooo Akira isnt on netflix :( and I dont have hulu plus or crunchyroll subscriptions.

Sustainna
01-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Seems im REAL late to the welcome wagon, oh well ;P WELCOME TO AF!
The only thing left for me to say it seems (Since interesting pretty much took all my words from my mouth xD)
Death Note: Came for the death, Stayed for the potato chips

360 FistKick!
01-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Greetings newcomer. You are now part of the elite and highly trained team that is Animeform. Your training begins now.

You are alone in a jungle surrounded by a swarm of ravenous spider monkeys. You have nothing but a jerry can of gasoline, a ham sandwich, and a flintlock pistol. What do you do?

someoneofforumpast
01-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Greetings newcomer. You are now part of the elite and highly trained team that is Animeform. Your training begins now.

You are alone in a jungle surrounded by a swarm of ravenous spider monkeys. You have nothing but a jerry can of gasoline, a ham sandwich, and a flintlock pistol. What do you do?

Ohhh I know I know. Drink the gasoline and hope that all those restless night watching Legend of the Drunken Fist pay off.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Seems im REAL late to the welcome wagon, oh well ;P WELCOME TO AF!
The only thing left for me to say it seems (Since interesting pretty much took all my words from my mouth xD)
Death Note: Came for the death, Stayed for the potato chips

Awww I don't mean to take your thunder.... Honest.

version15 do you torrent? if so [*click here* Baka BT (www.bakabt.me)

version15
01-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! :)

Toss the sandwich in the air, douse it in gasoline as it flies, and just as the monkeys swarm the flying sandwich...run away.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Ohhh I know I know. Drink the gasoline and hope that all those restless night watching Legend of the Drunken Fist pay off.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Awww I don't mean to take your thunder.... Honest.

version15 do you torrent? if so [*click here* Baka BT (www.bakabt.me)
I don't tend to normally, but I may in this case if I cant find any economical alternatives. Thanks for the link!

~*Red*~
01-21-2015, 07:50 PM
Hello there and welcome to the forum; I'm Red, one of the moderators here. If you ever need help with something, just flick me a message.

someoneofforumpast
01-22-2015, 08:31 AM

Toss the sandwich in the air, douse it in gasoline as it flies, and just as the monkeys swarm the flying sandwich...run away.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I don't tend to normally, but I may in this case if I cant find any economical alternatives. Thanks for the link!

Well I did some digging for you. You only have to watch a 30 second ad.

360 FistKick!
01-22-2015, 10:03 AM

QUOTE]

Correct. Your training is now complete. Welcome to Aimefourm.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

[QUOTE=1nterest1ng;2840125]Ohhh I know I know. Drink the gasoline and hope that all those restless night watching Legend of the Drunken Fist pay off.

Also correct.

version15
01-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Well I did some digging for you. You only have to watch a 30 second ad.

Omg..dude. You didnt have to do that. Thanks so much. You're too nice :) ill tell you guys what I think!

someoneofforumpast
01-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Omg..dude. You didnt have to do that. Thanks so much. You're too nice :) ill tell you guys what I think!

You will be back SCREAMING TETSUO!!!! all day long.

Sympathy
01-31-2015, 01:01 AM
yes Akira is a must watch.

TETSUOOOOOOOOOO!!!

welcome to the forum