PDA

View Full Version : Capitalism is a pyramid scheme...

AmandaNerdBot
01-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Just read this article.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/03/01/703300/-Is-Capitalism-the-Ultimate-Pyramid-Scheme

Capitalism has been exalted as the ultimate form of perfection for the human race. We should all embrace capitalism if we want to become rich and powerful. That's true...capitalism does make people rich and powerful, but that's only for a handful of people. Capitalism, overall, deprives the majority of people of power and wealth. Capitalism is founded upon inequality and is no different from feudalism or slave society. Except now you have machines powered by oil and natural gas to grow the economy instead of human and animal power in the case with feudalism and slave society. Either way, capitalism is based on inequality, and is no different in that respect from feudalism or slave society.

We need a system that embraces equality and maintains balance with the Earth. Capitalism also needs to be abandoned because capitalism is a part of the infinite growth paradigm, which demands infinite growth in consumption and population. This is just not possible on a finite planet.

We need to abandon capitalism and the infinite growth paradigm. We are doomed as a species if we don't abandon capitalism and the infinite growth paradigm.

Clayton_n
01-12-2015, 02:12 PM
The thing is we like the system when we're at the top of the pyramid.

The real problem is democracy and a lack of IQ requirements for candidates and voters

Sympathy
01-12-2015, 03:25 PM
The thing is we like the system when we're at the top of the pyramid.

The real problem is democracy and a lack of IQ requirements for candidates and voters

oh, clayton, saying incredibly stupid things again. i don't know if you mean it or you're just trying to be as provocative as possible.

the fact is the smartest people (I.E. those with the highest I.Q.'s) aren't better equipped to make decisions about anything. everybody's human and we're all susceptible to being lied to or misinformed. i don't know what my I.Q. is, the last time i checked i was sixteen and it was above average, but i know for a fact that if you put me in charge of something important i'd break under the pressure. high I.Q. doesn't make you perfect. there's all sorts of factors that go into making a decision and everybody, even racist hillbilly inbreeders, have the right to decide for themselves.

dragoninja
01-13-2015, 12:26 AM
i think we will do away with governments and money someday. modernday slavery is a drag. who knows maybe in our lifetime. for a massive change would require something to inspire mankind as whole such as a mass alian landing or revaltions happens... something to that effect. we sure cant do it by ourselves. we like living in ignorance

ZombieWolf2508
01-13-2015, 03:15 AM
/propaganda

How much do they pay you for these posts? I may apply.

Clayton_n
01-15-2015, 04:26 PM
oh, clayton, saying incredibly stupid things again. i don't know if you mean it or you're just trying to be as provocative as possible.

the fact is the smartest people (I.E. those with the highest I.Q.'s) aren't better equipped to make decisions about anything. everybody's human and we're all susceptible to being lied to or misinformed. i don't know what my I.Q. is, the last time i checked i was sixteen and it was above average, but i know for a fact that if you put me in charge of something important i'd break under the pressure. high I.Q. doesn't make you perfect. there's all sorts of factors that go into making a decision and everybody, even racist hillbilly inbreeders, have the right to decide for themselves.

Well we tried morons and that isn't working. I'm not saying breed for the thing, but a leader of a country should be able to pass at least three independent IQ tests with an above average score before they are allowed to run.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/george-w-bush-presidency-for-dummies.jpg

ParaParaJMo
01-15-2015, 07:50 PM
Well equal opportunity does not mean equal outcome

Sustainna
01-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Well we tried morons and that isn't working. I'm not saying breed for the thing, but a leader of a country should be able to pass at least three independent IQ tests with an above average score before they are allowed to run.

http://www.joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/george-w-bush-presidency-for-dummies.jpg

this.

sunnyside
01-15-2015, 10:27 PM
Oy. The original article in the OP ends by citing the existence of a T-shirt with a similar theme as supporting evidence.

And the link to the T-shirt doesn't even work...

Anyway I get it. Young people on the internet. Crushing a bit on Stalin with his powerful facial hair, but maybe OK with a monarchy if Elsa ran it. That's perfectly normal.

But seriously capitalism has worked exceptionally well. It is unequal. That's true. And there's a bit of a hang up there psychologically. You can give somebody everything they want...but then if you give their neighbor all that and a little more, now the first person is feeling bad. I think that's what's going on with capitalism in the west, despite the fact that, if you're reading this, you probably ARE the global 1%, or very close. Using a machine that probably cost a serious fraction of, if not more than, the median income for the world, probably made in China with their "Communist Party" leadership by someone who is much much poorer than you are, and those are the moderately lucky ones in that country.

Lemmi see if I can Google up some numbers. Ah, here's something short and interesting.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2082385/We-1--You-need-34k-income-global-elite--half-worlds-richest-live-U-S.html

Oh, and for some fun give this a try:
http://www.globalrichlist.com/

DeathBlade/13.666
01-15-2015, 11:02 PM

Yea... because that went well for the one President that was a Nuclear Engineer...

ZombieWolf2508
01-16-2015, 05:21 AM
Having g a high IQ won't necessarily make them a better leader. Power tends to go to one's head. Not to mention the fat check they get to turn a blind eye to certain things.

Clayton_n
01-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Fine then we can do some positive/Negative reinforcement. We elect the president for life. Then every three or four years we have a vote. If his approval rating is above 50% he gets $1 from everyone who gave him a positive response. If it drops below 50% he gets a caning or whipping for every 10 or 20 people who don't like him.

That is incentive. As things stand the guy has no real downside for failure. And remember, he's a volunteer.

Apply same to all elected officials as a whole, both houses having to take same punishment or reward.

Sympathy
01-18-2015, 01:27 PM
all of your ideas are horrible and the president is not a volunteer, he gets paid.

Clayton_n
01-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Where are the flaws? There are no functioning nice ways to fix a government

Admittedly my real plans involve me ruling the world as its unquestioned overlord... but that's later

http://users.telenet.be/joril/blog/overlord.jpg