PDA

View Full Version : Do you replay your games?

Zainox
11-29-2014, 02:38 AM
After you've completed a game, whether it be 100% or not. Do you ever go back to replay your games.

I personally am not a fan of replaying gamed unless I REALLY like it. Games I would play over and over are games like Minecraft, Morrowind, Skyrim.

Cross Avantgarde
11-29-2014, 05:32 AM
I tend to replay my games frequently. I’ll go back and play Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI (it was FFIII when I played it the first time) with relish. I love those great games.

Several more make the list, like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario RPG, and even Earthworm Jim. The nostalgia is just too much to handle and the quality of these games seems hard to match for a lot of producers today.

Ranshiin
11-29-2014, 05:55 AM
I think I've 100%'d Rayman Origins like four times now. There are some games that are just too good to not start over on.

I tend not to replay games these days because most games I play are multiplayer-oriented. Single-player therefore tends to have a reason (i.e. my save data got corrupted or lost or something of the sort).

RyuTama
11-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Ya, I love replaying old games, especially RPGs. Mainly because there's just so much you can do, and it's sometimes difficult (or impossible) to actually get everything done in one play through. I always wait a while before replaying though, so that things are somewhat fresh in my next run.

Also, if I get a brand new game and end up stopping halfway through, I ALWAYS start again from the beginning. The two main titles that come to mind are FFX and Metroid Prime. I'd stopped playing those two for about a year due to college and work, and when I finally had time to sit back down and play them again, I could hardly remember what I had been doing in the first place, mission/quest-wise. Sooo I just restarted. :I

I play for nostalgia factor too though, ofc.

kristaok
11-29-2014, 09:19 PM
The games I play really have no end, I'm not a fan of games that end. I like the Sims and harvest moon, games like that.

Sustainna
11-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Seems the only games I replay are older ones, I recall 100% (106+% for some of them. Because game-dev logic)
Crash Bandicoot 4 (Wrath of Cortex)
Spyro 2, 3, and 4 (Enter the Dragonfly)
Cant think of many others on the top of my head, but I know theres more.

Anywho, any game with good re-play value doesnt need much reason to play 100% AGAIN because, well, replay value. or online.

kristaok
11-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Slash what I said prior in half, there is a select few games that end that I will play. I do like resident evil, dark cloud 2 was good, I also liked diablo II & III. It really just depends.

Disconnected Outsider
11-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Since I have a wretched memory, I kind of have to replay games if I want to remember the storyline. Sad, but at least I get a lot out of my games that way.

someoneofforumpast
12-01-2014, 02:30 PM
I have played Skyrim over and over and over, but I just keep doing the same thing over and over again. I wish there was a game that I have played all the way through. I probably have 20+ PS3 games that I have not even started the campaign due to not enough time to play.

Toshiro Tazukura
12-10-2014, 02:31 PM
I enjoy replaying my games but, mostly on Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Dogma

dragoninja
12-11-2014, 03:57 AM
ya i replay a lot... star ocean has over 80 endings and in suikoden you can recruit over 108 people... i just picked up final fantacy tactics again recently

frenchmade
12-13-2014, 03:44 PM
It depends! I'm more likely to replay RPGs over any other genre (but also that is what I play the majority of the time). The games I've replayed more than once are Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy series(mainly 8), Pokemon and Digimon World 2.

Astral_Mage
01-05-2015, 09:58 PM
After you've completed a game, whether it be 100% or not. Do you ever go back to replay your games.

I personally am not a fan of replaying gamed unless I REALLY like it. Games I would play over and over are games like Minecraft, Morrowind, Skyrim.

the games you stated are usually open ended/free to do what you to do games, so no wonder you replay those XD

For me, I've been replaying most of my games & never get bored of them, they either bring back good memories or I usually try to play the game in a different way :)

An example of that is "Crash Bandicoot" series in Sony Playstation, I've played & finished "crash bandicoot warped (3)" more than 12 times now, & I don't mind playing it again :biggrin:

Zainox
01-06-2015, 12:16 AM
the games you stated are usually open ended/free to do what you to do games, so no wonder you replay those XD

To me, those are the best games. :P
They just have so much replay value.

Astral_Mage
01-06-2015, 01:41 AM
True, and also because they are made to be replayed over & over, I kinda call these games endless games :biggrin:

Kuroh
01-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Other than Mass Effect Trilogy I have replayed Skyrim thrice, Fallout 3 and New vegas thrice.

GS 1.0
01-11-2015, 07:07 AM
I love replaying games. If they're an RPG choice-based style like Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc, I love taking a completely different path each time and comparing the end results. Obviously you can play sandbox games like The Sims til the end of time..! But I do enjoy replaying games I used to play when I was very young (pretty much anything for N64, any of the Game Boy instalments, PS1, Gamecube... you get the idea!) cos when you're REALLY young and new to a game, your strategies and tactics are way underdeveloped in comparison to how you play after years of practice. It took me years and years to finally complete Super Mario Land for Game Boy for the first time, but nowadays, I can get the whole thing done in 33 minutes! It's fun to see how much of a boss you can be in comparison to your younger self :-P

Astral_Mage
01-13-2015, 02:08 AM
I love replaying games. If they're an RPG choice-based style like Skyrim, Dragon Age, etc, I love taking a completely different path each time and comparing the end results. Obviously you can play sandbox games like The Sims til the end of time..! But I do enjoy replaying games I used to play when I was very young (pretty much anything for N64, any of the Game Boy instalments, PS1, Gamecube... you get the idea!) cos when you're REALLY young and new to a game, your strategies and tactics are way underdeveloped in comparison to how you play after years of practice. It took me years and years to finally complete Super Mario Land for Game Boy for the first time, but nowadays, I can get the whole thing done in 33 minutes! It's fun to see how much of a boss you can be in comparison to your younger self :-P

That's exactly what I was going for :)

As well as devising new strategies to beat a certain game, surprisingly it never feels the same as the 1st time :)

Shotcookie13512
01-13-2015, 03:44 AM
Games i would play all over again are mine craft and a dating game that i got

GS 1.0
01-13-2015, 07:37 AM

As well as devising new strategies to beat a certain game, surprisingly it never feels the same as the 1st time :)

Yeah! It's fun to try speedrun a game too once you're that familiar with it that you know every shortcut and time saver. In fact, thinking about it, I barely own a game I HAVEN'T replayed at least once. :-D

someoneofforumpast
01-14-2015, 09:24 AM

I was playing Devil May Cry for shits and giggles, and no matter what kind of strategy I created it just did not work. T_T

Astral_Mage
01-14-2015, 10:29 AM
I was playing Devil May Cry for shits and giggles, and no matter what kind of strategy I created it just did not work. T_T

If you have tried the game with cheats & discovered all the secret missions then I guess you could try to play time attack with yourself or try playing something else XD

someoneofforumpast
01-14-2015, 10:35 AM
If you have tried the game with cheats & discovered all the secret missions then I guess you could try to play time attack with yourself or try playing something else XD

I try not to play games with cheats anymore. I put in a cheat code once for Grand Theft Auto IV and then it locked one of my achievements. So I made a decision that day not to use cheat codes.

Astral_Mage
01-14-2015, 10:50 AM
I try not to play games with cheats anymore. I put in a cheat code once for Grand Theft Auto IV and then it locked one of my achievements. So I made a decision that day not to use cheat codes.

Agree, cheats may totally ruin the game experience, but after beating the game it won't hurt much to play with cheat codes, it might open the gates for hidden parts in the game, or even trying to find glitches & stuff in the games

someoneofforumpast
01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Agree, cheats may totally ruin the game experience, but after beating the game it won't hurt much to play with cheat codes, it might open the gates for hidden parts in the game, or even trying to find glitches & stuff in the games

I was play COD: AW last night and there will people glitching on the game. It makes me mad when people feel they need to glitch to get a better gaming experience.

mr.kudos
01-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Sometimes, but mostly no

someoneofforumpast
01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
I replay, when I can achieve a Game+, and then if there are alternate endings or things that I missed.

Sympathy
02-16-2015, 03:26 PM
i replay games a lot. most recently i beat Metal Gear Solid: Guns Of The Patriots and started another run through. back when ps2 was all i had i must have beat RE4 50 times (not exaggerating). i beat F.E.A.R. and Far Cry ages ago and just bought them again to re-experience them, and they're just as fun as ever.

replayed TES: Oblivion dozens of times, Morrowind even more.

~*Red*~
02-17-2015, 04:07 PM
I replay all of my games; I never get tired of them.

Dartanyan
03-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Im usually replaying RPG games. Like quest 64, jet force Gemini, load runner, Mario 64. All the metroid prime games are always good to replay. I got 100% on 1 2 3 and other m and still play it. Especially on max difficulty for any game I play. Star fox adventures, pikman, legend of Zelda wind waker, Pokemon XD gale of darkness, the list goes on.

gobSIDES
03-12-2015, 08:32 AM
I only replay games if I feel they were really really good. Or perhaps if it has been a really long time between the first play through. Obviously if a game has multiple endings, unlockables, etc I may replay them too.

Initius
03-17-2015, 12:17 AM
The only games I really replay are some of the free roams such as Skyrim, Fallout, etc.

I'll go back to some other games anyone could probably think of and I've played it at least more than once or twice.

kyoko.nyan
04-04-2015, 05:09 AM
It honestly depends on the game. I have to LOVE it and it has to be in my top favorites.

Like, I'll replay FFVII,FFIX, Psychonauts, Alice: Madness Returns, and Skies of Arcadia, Right now there aren't really any other games I'll replay, because nothing really compares to those, in my eyes. [I'm sure there's a few others, but those are the ones that I've played 5+ times.

Otahime
04-19-2015, 11:35 AM
I tend to replay simulator games and MMO's from when I was younger. Also, Minecraft. One game I don't think I could ever leave for good is Ragnarok Online. I played it over a decade ago, and I still play it today. ^^; But it's mostly simulator games that get me to replay.

Blue Spirit
09-22-2015, 02:51 AM
Most definitely. How can you not want to replay a game you bought and added to your growing game collection? I grew up with videogames and it has played an important role in my childhood and adulthood. Even if I will cheat every once in a while, I love to figure out stuff on my own and solve the puzzles that are thrown in my face. It's an amazing feeling once you move past a difficult area. I used to love playing Tetris on Super Nintendo all the time when I wanted to relax with something, and even today I will challenge my mother at Dr. Mario for said console. It's so much fun!

My sister and I used to buy games that we had grown up with for NES. It brings back a lot of childhood memories when you replay games from the past or present. The problem is so keep playing the game -- at least for me. My attention span is all over the place sometimes so I take long breaks from certain things and then have to start over because I can't remember where I left off with special item quests and such.

Nanobyte
09-22-2015, 02:52 AM
I do if they're good. i don't if they're not.

CloudyHue
09-24-2015, 11:04 PM
I'll occasionally go back and replay games I've played ages ago to beat my old scores from when I was a big noob. It just gives a wave of nostalgia, plus a way to see how much I've improved over the years. I'll only replay something I've played fairly recently if there is still unfinished things to do, side quests to complete, etc.