PDA

View Full Version : Ah! My Goddess Wallpaper

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
08-20-2004, 11:40 PM
:huh: I'm not so sure about the sunburst in the background, I used it because I wanted to give it a look like when you read the manga Heaven sends 'gates' to bring the goddesses back up for additional training or whatever, so it kinda already looked like that to me...with her position, and the background looks like it's pulling into a tunnel to me...so I added that light to hopefully give it the look of a gate opening up to bring Skuld back to heaven =P (hopefully to get rid of more of those nasty bugs) I fooled around with the intensity of it quite a bit so that it wouldn't draw too much attention away from Skuld. Is the background too busy? I tried toning it down by darkening it a bit, is it too dark? I haven't seen it on a computer besides my laptop yet, @@ and the LCD screen screws me up with it's varying light and darkness. Over all I like this wallpaper a bunch.

I'd already done an initial extraction of the three goddesses on the source image for a previous wallpaper, but I made a new one ( XD Completely with the fingerpad, I'm so proud of myself, LOL.) just for Skuld. ^^ Good thing the source image was so large.

CrimsonButterflies
08-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Needs to be cleaned up a little bit, like around her hand. Also its very busy, but you have to have a busy BG eveynow and then. Good job :D

Xian Pu
08-21-2004, 12:55 AM
It's hard to see poor lil Skuld in the midst of all that BG noise. Gaussian blur or something.

escaflownemoon
08-21-2004, 08:04 PM
She is being eaten up my the bg. She needs to over power it. Anyways I always like your style in your bg.

gadgetgirl16
08-21-2004, 10:20 PM
hmmmm its looks so busy in the bg, but it looks so good, good job.....

MistressPookyChan
08-22-2004, 05:29 AM
I would definately do something to make the background more subtle. Blurring it is one idea. Making it lighter is another. You could even make the background monotone. Giving the character a little outer glow would also help. Play around and find the one you like most!

Another suggestion would be to take the text out. It doesnt fit with the background or the character, and is a bit hard to read since it's covered up. Totally not necissary.

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
08-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks for all your advice, I have done a version with the background blurred slightly, xx; but unfortunately my laptop won't let me online right now so I can't post it till I find a way to get my laptop back online (using mom's computer). HOPEFULLY once I get it back online Xx; I'll post it here for further critique

NebbyTheEX-Parrot
08-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Xc; double post, ignore.