PDA

View Full Version : New here, help translating...

HappyChibiPanda
11-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Well, I just passed the Japanese test today, and to show my average level, I'll say that test was dang hard. I didn't have trouble reading it, but putting it to words in English was HARD. I'm currently a level 2 member. :D I've tried translating things before, most notably last night, when I tried to translate the first sentence of a song and got confused after 10 minutes :( I seem to have trouble with complicated concepts. (You don't say, Captain Obvious) I saw that someone had asked for help with a song, and highlighted the parts they weren't sure about, but if I did that, the whole thing would be highlighted. I know I should try to translate a song that has an existing translation, so I can look at it and see where I went a different direction, but knowing silly me, nope. I need help with the first verse of a song called Kanojo ga Flag wo Tateru Wake. I also want help with WHAT ON EARTH I SHOULD WRITE THE TITLE AS. I had a few ideas, but the title is written like this: 彼女がフラグを立てる理由
The first verse goes like this:

Yes!
目を閉じ感じて欲しい
手のひらに愛しい希望
それはみんなと繋がる魔法
始まりのメッセージ
I have trouble grasping the meaning... Help me please! I'm pitiful. D:

Haze~
11-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Welcome, welcome.
Ah, the ED~

Hmm.. The title should be something along the lines of: "Why she raises her/a flag"

As for that verse, here's my interpretation:

Yes!
I want you to close your eyes
And feel this lovely hope in the palm of your hand.
That's the magic that bounds us all together;
A message of a new beginning.

Happyblossom
11-17-2014, 06:47 AM
I think it better for the title to be: 'The reason she raises the flag'. Hope that helps.

And welcome!

HappyChibiPanda
11-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Ehehe... Hi, and thanks. I'm going to try and translate the rest of it... But yours was much better. I would say the title is Why She Raises Her Flag, but it could be anything alike. That's the thing about translating. To eaches own. Sadly I can't do ANYTHING right now. From my phone I can't seem to log in to animelyrics.com I can login on the forums though. LOL. I figure it out. When I try to login it just doesn't do anything. Doesn't even tell me the login failed.

Haze~
11-18-2014, 01:39 PM
---

Rei
11-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Hmm, I'd suggest clearing out your cache / browser cookies. Welcome to AL and the forums!

Khayle
05-03-2015, 12:49 PM
I also want help with WHAT ON EARTH I SHOULD WRITE THE TITLE AS. I had a few ideas, but the title is written like this: 彼女がフラグを立てる理由
The first verse goes like this:
Yes!
目を閉じ感じて欲しい
手のひらに愛しい希望
それはみんなと繋がる魔法
始まりのメッセージ
I have trouble grasping the meaning... Help me please! I'm pitiful. D:

Hey there, new member :D I'm also a very new members myself. :) Translating stanzas can be a very difficult thing, indeed. I often myself know every word and combinations, but can't seem to put it into english.

I would translate the title 「彼女がフラグを立てる理由」 as "the reason (that) she raises the flag. (might be: her flag, and not the flag. there's no definite way to know)

The lyrics you'd want translated is a little bit difficult, but I'll try:

目を閉じ感じて欲しい - (I want to feel that your eyes are closed.)
手のひらに愛しい希望 - (It's (a) lovely hope in the palm of your hands)
それはみんなと繋がる魔法 - (It's the magic that connects us (all) together.)
始まりのメッセージ - (It's a message of the beginning)