PDA

View Full Version : How is this site funded?

AmandaNerdBot
10-31-2014, 06:31 PM
Since this site doesn't receive any ad revenue, how is it funded? I would like to know. I would like to know how this site is funded.

Nephthys
10-31-2014, 10:09 PM
What are you talking about it doesn't have any ad revenue? I assure you it does. Also Ace funds a lot of it through his own money. Plus most of the people who work on the site are site members. Like Jakki for example.

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-31-2014, 10:36 PM
>uses adblock
>says it doesn't have ad revenue.

Qoco
10-31-2014, 10:42 PM
I have seen ads a few times. Rarely due to how my browser is set up, but they are there.

DeathBlade/13.666
10-31-2014, 11:52 PM
Pretty much was Nephthys said. The Owner(s) have daily jobs and other hobbies/streams of revenue coming in to support the site financially. At the same time a good majority of things on the site are done for free and cheaply, being that the staff here work in their spare time on the site and site related projects and much of the things we have/do is either created by them for free or a free code package for vBulletin that someone else created and allows us to use for free. Thus expenses on the site aren't too much, though donated time from our gracious staff (especially the ones that do code) is great.

Sympathy
11-01-2014, 03:45 PM
don't let these people lie to you. FlashD (aka "Thug Muscle") goes to high schools and beats up students for their lunch money.

Ranshiin
11-01-2014, 06:57 PM
don't let these people lie to you. FlashD (aka "Thug Muscle") goes to high schools and beats up students for their lunch money.

You know this from experience, don't you?

Sympathy
11-01-2014, 07:30 PM
You know this from experience, don't you?

do i ever.

Anime Forum
11-01-2014, 08:01 PM

That's only the half of it dude. Kaitou Ace is also an expert stripper and has an audience of anime girls watching him. That lucky son of a.

Sympathy
11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
That's only the half of it dude. Kaitou Ace is also an expert stripper and has an audience of anime girls watching him. That lucky son of a.

not to mention LadyPSerenity and her scam to get old, rich men to marry her, then give them a little bit too much Robutussin to make them fall asleep forever. she gets all the money and doesn't have to sleep next to a dying wrinkled old fart... until the next one.

Ωmega
11-01-2014, 10:03 PM
You forget that Jakki is a skilled hacker and siphons money from Donald Trumps bank account

AmandaNerdBot
11-06-2014, 10:50 PM
So this site actually has ad revenue? I didn't know that

aether
11-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Actually this site is in a blind spot on the web and actually doesn't need to be funded because of this fact.

dragoninja
12-11-2014, 02:44 AM
well whoever is paying for animeforum have my thanks. beuituful site