PDA

View Full Version : i wasted money on dark souls 2. did you?

Sympathy
09-23-2014, 12:28 PM
please note that this rant is coming from a die hard Dark Souls fan.

i bought dark souls 2 yesterday, played it for 1 hour, then wished i had bought something different. too bad wal mart will only exchange it for another copy.

so here's my gripe: in Dark Souls, you can sit at a bonfire to respawn all enemies. this was important because killing high level enemies repeatedly netted you a steady stream of souls and probably some good loot.

well about an hour into 2, i noticed that an enemy wasn't respawning. then another one stopped. soon the entire area was empty. i looked this up only to discover that enemy npc's will only respawn a set number of times.

so... i can no longer farm souls to level up. once enemies stop spawning, you will never get experience from them again.

i was extremely disappointed because i was stuck on a hard part and wanted to farm souls for better equipment (i never did figure out how to level up, that option is missing from all the bonfires i found) and possibly find some useful gear.

farming was integral to Dark Souls. it's how you beefed your character up. in 2, there's a cap on your level since you can't farm for souls indefinitely.

so yeah... it's probably an excellent game nonetheless, but i'm just so turned off by this new feature that i'm not going to play it. it's the principle of the thing. it's obviously added in 2 because people complained 1 was too hard. so the devs started using kid gloves. barf.

so i don't know whether to hold onto the game and hope some kind of optional patch is offered, or just trade it in somewhere for store credit. cause i can tell you now, this franchise is dead to me. seems harsh, but like i said, i was a die hard Dark Souls fan. the added challenge meant more rewards. Dark Souls 2 is basically Dark Souls for the every man. i liked it better when it was a game only for people who relished adversity.

this rant was brought to you by the letter H.

Qoco
09-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I played the first Dark Souls some time ago and it was cool, even though it was a little difficult lol. I'd get my butt whooped by these re-spawning skeleton dudes at the very beginning of the game xD

JerryPlaysBass
09-23-2014, 09:02 PM
Oh I hate those guys! :(
after my second play-through I eventually found some short cuts in that area.

Kirito
10-02-2014, 09:37 AM
If I'm going to be completely honest ~

I bought the game. Still haven't opened it.

From what I've seen I didn't see a point to play it so I added it to my collection of video game stuff lol.

Sustainna
11-25-2014, 10:57 AM
After the fun my friend had with my save file in the first game, i'm too afraid to touch DS2... Id rather not be stuck in a save-state that almost instantly kills you because of some "fun" he had with the locals.

Ranshiin
11-25-2014, 03:00 PM
After the fun my friend had with my save file in the first game, i'm too afraid to touch DS2... Id rather not be stuck in a save-state that almost instantly kills you because of some "fun" he had with the locals.

Simple solution: Stop letting your friend mess about with your save data.

Toshiro Tazukura
12-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Dark soul 2 was a good game for players that looking for some challenges and the game does that for the most part but, overall it worth spending

Sympathy
12-16-2014, 03:52 AM
actually once i gave the game a chance, i found it to my liking. feels more arcade-y than Dark Souls though. little less realistic.