PDA

View Full Version : [Comics] Amulet

DeathBlade/13.666
09-08-2014, 01:01 AM
This is a story done by Kazu Kibuishi (Japanese name yes, but American writer and illustrator) about a young girl Emily that ends up finding an amulet left from her great-grandfather that ends up sending her, her brother Navin, and her mother Karen to another world where the stone in the amulet she wears has power. Being pressured and forced to be a stonekeeper (from the situation at hand to save her family and herself), she decides to help the others living in this world by defeating the Elf King and restoring proper order with a new council.

Personally, I'm really sucked into the plot and storyline. The illustrations are great and I've already gone through books 1-6 (being that 6 just came out and I got 1-5 ahead of time for 6), but can't wait for book 7. Do note that they are all graphic novels published by Scholastic. Since finding Kazu's webcomic Copper, I'd been waiting and wanting to read the series and I've yet to be disappointed (Even going back to look at his earlier work with Flight). Some may not know this man's work, but I do say to definitely give him a shot. If you're a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender (the show, not the movie) and/or Legend of Korra, I firmly believe you'll enjoy this graphic novel.