PDA

View Full Version : [wiiU] Hyrule Warriors

Animedude5555
09-04-2014, 11:43 PM
This new game lets you play as characters from the previous Zelda games, including both heroes and villains, and also completely new characters (such as Lana). You fight against an all new set of villains (and at least one old one). I don't know why Ganondorf is a good guy in this game, but I'm guessing that this game isn't part of the canon Legend of Zelda story line. It appears you will have one player and co-op multiplayer modes available. I don't know if there will be a versus multiplayer mode as well.

The official webpage for this game is http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/

Blue Spirit
09-26-2015, 03:55 AM
How come there is no replies to this thread? Does no one like it or wants to discuss about the game?

Unfortunately, I haven't played it myself because we don't own a Wii U, and I don't know anyone who does (unless my cousin has it, but I haven't seen him for a few years after I moved and after he moved out from his parents' house). I have seen edited walkthroughs with voice acting on youtube and thanks to that, I have changed my mind about Hyrule Warriors. At first, I didn't believe there was any real story behind it, that it was all about fighting enemies in battlefields and gain new items or whatnot. I've never played any games like this before, but watching those videos on youtube made me interested and wanting to play the game eventually. It would be nice to hear someone's opinions on whether it's worth buying or what is not so good about the game.

Ranshiin
09-26-2015, 05:25 AM
I don't think anybody on this site actually plays the game, that might be the problem.

I have a WiiU but I bought it only to play Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Hyrule Warriors isn't really the sort of game that I'd play, although I know people who often completely derail our Smash Bros community skype group chat from talking about Smash 4 characters to farming/levelling ideas on HW and things like that. Maybe someone somewhere here has it, but otherwise you might be stuck having to look up Let's Plays on Youtube.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-26-2015, 10:41 AM
I don't think anybody on this site actually plays the game, that might be the problem.

I have a WiiU but I bought it only to play Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Hyrule Warriors isn't really the sort of game that I'd play, although I know people who often completely derail our Smash Bros community skype group chat from talking about Smash 4 characters to farming/levelling ideas on HW and things like that. Maybe someone somewhere here has it, but otherwise you might be stuck having to look up Let's Plays on Youtube.

I did but I don't really think this forum is into Musou titles--Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, Warriors Orochi, Sengoku Basara and the like.

The funny thing was that while Zelda fans never cared about the genre, they were hyping up this game. Probably because it's the only Zelda game on the Wii U so far.

Nanobyte
09-26-2015, 10:45 AM
I have Hyrule warriors. Never really play Musou games otherwise. Finished the game. Liked it. 6/10. Story is pretty much fanfiction and the gameplay is ok Shitty framerates though. Co op makes the game look like visual cancer..

CapnJack
09-26-2015, 03:50 PM
I played it at the Wii U demo station at a Target a few months back. I didn't get too far, but found it very good. It keeps with the Dynasty Warriors style of mostly button mashing combos against outnumbering armies. It still has great cinematic scenes and cutaways for special and magic attacks. I'm not into the "Dynasty" series, but I am into the "Gundam" series for the fantasy factor. So playing a LoZ version indeed interests me. If I manage to own a Wii U eventually, this game WILL be on the list that I'd get first.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-26-2015, 04:40 PM
I played it at the Wii U demo station at a Target a few months back. I didn't get too far, but found it very good. It keeps with the Dynasty Warriors style of mostly button mashing combos against outnumbering armies. It still has great cinematic scenes and cutaways for special and magic attacks. I'm not into the "Dynasty" series, but I am into the "Gundam" series for the fantasy factor. So playing a LoZ version indeed interests me. If I manage to own a Wii U eventually, this game WILL be on the list that I'd get first.

Right. Gundam Musou has more fans interested in the Gundam series if anything. Same can be said about Kaizoku Musou, Hokuto Musou and now with Arslan Musou coming out. And even those not by Omega Force, the same can be said about Kamen Rider Battride War.

CapnJack
09-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Right. Gundam Musou has more fans interested in the Gundam series if anything. Same can be said about Kaizoku Musou, Hokuto Musou and now with Arslan Musou coming out. And even those not by Omega Force, the same can be said about Kamen Rider Battride War.

That's right, I've forgotten all about there being a One Piece series of Musou games as well. I only recently heard of the 3rd game that is out. Would definitely want to give that one a test drive.

The only thing that might bother some people with Gundam Musou, are those that want to try to max out everything will spend literally years working on every pilot and every mobile suit part and stat; which, in the last game, I believe there was around 80 or so. Although it IS the wide variety of suits though that drive the fans crazy because with so many there's a favorite mobile suit for everyone.