PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon allstars to the rescue

Clayton_n
09-03-2014, 06:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzKx92QD8Hk

DeathBlade/13.666
09-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Soo.... Are you just gonna post a video or are you gonna talk about what you posted some?

Clayton_n
09-04-2014, 01:02 PM
I kinda thought I'd see the response to it. I mean I watched this when it was new. Didn't want to prejudice people before they saw it.

Basically every cartoon they had in the 90's came together to do a big say no to drugs show.

DeathBlade/13.666
09-05-2014, 02:57 AM
True, cartoons doing PSA's and such were never uncommon back then, Transformers and G.I. Joe was big on PSA's; still you can do more than just post a video without getting initial responses from the type of video.

That being said, again cartoon's like these were far from rare and were a big part of anti-drug campaigns through the '80s and '90s like D.A.R.E. Mainly because it's easier to get cartoons to spread the word that drugs are bad than old men and women, m'kay. They kind of killed it in the mid '90s because it was harder to get kids to listen about drugs being bad from loonier cartoons like Freakazoid and Two Stupid Dogs, where some parents thought kids had to be high to enjoy those cartoons.

Clayton_n
09-05-2014, 04:45 PM
I was always impressed with how many competing cartoons came together for this