PDA

View Full Version : I finally finished watching...

Animedude5555
07-30-2014, 10:54 PM
... season 1 of the anime Cardcaptors. And that is Cardcaptors, the American version, not the original Cardcaptor Sakura (haven't seen that one yet). I have yet to watch season 2 of Cardcaptors, but season 1 was quite epic.

Summary of final episode of season 1 (warning, contains spoilers)
In that last episode of season 1, Yue (the second guardian of the Clow Book) kicks Li's butt, and then Sakura's. I mean despite how good a fighters they are, they just got owned like noobs when they went up against this guy. Fortunately Sakura's teacher had a magical bell that blocked Yue's mind wiping spell, giving Sakura one final chance. At which point she used some unexplained power of hers to morph her bird-head magic wand into a Star Rod like magic wand. And with this new wand she used the Windy card to release a more powerful version of the Windy spirit, which was able to completely overpower Yue. She was then declared the official master of the Clow Cards. However Sakura's fight wasn't much of a fight. Despite how quickly Li go pwned by Yue, at least he gave a good fight. Sakura just ran away for most of the time though, because she didn't want to hurt Yue (who's human form Julian, was a good friend of Sakura). So Li's battle against Yue, even though Li lost, was actually a lot more epic than Sakura's battle against Yue.

Next I'll start watching season 2 of Cardcaptors.

Nanobyte
07-31-2014, 06:04 AM
Here's my review of your topic:

The title of this topic is vague. No one knows what the thread is about until they actually visit it. Secondly, your review is a bit short and undescriptive. It's mostly based on your opinions and is written in internet speech, which comes across as unprofessional.
Finally, why only give the summary of the last episode? Why not the entire season?

Anyway good work bro nice thread 6/10 it's ok.

Animedude5555
07-31-2014, 08:00 AM
Here's my review of your topic:

The title of this topic is vague. No one knows what the thread is about until they actually visit it. Secondly, your review is a bit short and undescriptive. It's mostly based on your opinions and is written in internet speech, which comes across as unprofessional.
Finally, why only give the summary of the last episode? Why not the entire season?

Anyway good work bro nice thread 6/10 it's ok.

Quite possibly some of the most important plot-building of season 1 happens in the last episode of that season, including power upgrades, learning the secret identity of a character, etc.

KyouFalls
07-31-2014, 10:08 AM
never heard of it

Mystelinth
07-31-2014, 04:27 PM
THX FOR EXPLAINED PLOT 2 ME, NOW I DUN HAV 2 WATCH ANYMORE.

Man seriously, i know its been a year. But i'm 99.9% sure you still haven't read all those wikileaks files that filled up 30 GB of your HDD. Seriously, go do something with it. You got the knowledge. You got the brains, topple the government or something.

Why watch cardcaptor sakura when you can rule the world man. You got it, right there. On your PC. 12 months ago, you were swelling with pride and stuff that you supported them, cmon where is that spirit man. Where is your God. Darn. Spirit. Make atleast a damn effort man.

Majorly dissapointed. But 9/10 thread.

Albear
08-01-2014, 01:26 AM
So did Lee hit dat Sakura azz?

Animedude5555
08-08-2014, 01:01 PM
I finally finished watching the ENTIRE Cardcaptors anime TV series now! Just finished it last night.

Next time I get a chance to watch something, I'm going to watch the two Cardcaptors movies.

Zainox
08-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Congratulations!
Needs more dragons..
7/Potatoe

Animedude5555
08-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Last night, I watched both of the Cardcaptors movies.

I think that the second movie must have been imported by a different company than the TV series and first movie (both of which seem to be imported from the same company, as they both have the same voice actors, English names replacing Japanese names, etc). The second movie, despite still being named Cardcaptors (instead of the correct title, Cardcaptor Sakura), and despite being an English dub (instead of English sub), was much more accurate to the Japanese version, than the first movie or the TV series. It had all the characters' names correct (Tomoyo instead of Madison, Yukito instead of Julian, etc). Even the plot thread about Meling being Syaoran's cousin, and being arranged to marry him, was not removed from this movie. It also had Sakura's name pronounced correctly as SAkura (instead of saKUra, as it was in the Cardcaptors TV series and first movie), and even in several instances of her name being spoken managed to pronounce the R in her name in the Japanese way instead of the English way. Also they obviously had completely different cast of voice actors. Everyone had a much higher pitched voice (except Syaoran Li, who's voice sounded the same, or almost the same as in the TV series and first movie, and could conceivably be the same voice actor). Everyone's higher pitched voice made them sound so annoying (in my opinion).

You could also tell, that whoever imported this, didn't at all intend it to be for kids (despite it having the same title "Cardcaptors" as the censored and kid friendly TV series and first movie), as they didn't edit out any of the offensive language. One character said the phrase "pissed off", and another said the word "damn". I would have thought that with it being basically an unedited/uncensored English dub of the original Japanese Cardcaptor Sakura second movie (rather than a made for kids edit), it would also have kept the original Japanese title, but it didn't. Instead, it had the same English title as the edited TV series and first movie.

Another interesting thing about this Cardcaptors movie, is that when Tomoyo sang, she did so in Japanese, even though this movie is an English dub (and when she's talking, not singing, she uses English). In the Cardcaptors TV series, she always sang in English.