PDA

View Full Version : Japanese lyrics test

Kashiro
07-25-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi, I apologise if this is the wrong section but it has been about 3 weeks since I submitted the Japanese lyrics test results. I'm really curious about the results and would really like to know how I did or what I can improve on. I understand that the admins are busy but I look forward to your comments ^^

Rei
07-27-2014, 01:02 PM
It's all right! Yeah, real life can get busy. ^^ I'll mention them here and hopefully they'll see this. (:

AzureDark bluepenguin

EJTranslations
07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Working on it! Sorry, I have a full-time job and freelance on the side and I get a bit swamped.

Kashiro
07-28-2014, 12:13 AM
Thank you so much for taking time to do this! ^^

Bast
07-28-2014, 02:19 AM
Hello, I figured I'd just piggyback onto this thread instead of starting a new one, since I've been waiting for my test to get graded too. I got my results back, and didn't pass, but the comments given were mainly that the lines weren't deliniated clearly enough.

Is there a specified time limit I should wait before I try again, or can I try to resubmit it right away?

I was actually a little worried when I went back and re-read my translation the day after I submitted it, that the one part that was pointed out in the comments didn't quite flow as nicely as I would've liked it, but I'd already submitted the results. :(

Rei
07-28-2014, 02:32 AM
You can probably just re-submit after you've made your corrections to it, there isn't really a clearly indicated time limit.

Bast
07-28-2014, 12:12 PM
You can probably just re-submit after you've made your corrections to it, there isn't really a clearly indicated time limit.

Alright, I've revised the new version to more "Englishy" this time, even though by doing so it was necessary to insert a word here and there, or use an idiom that wasn't technically in the original.

Hopefuly this version reads better than the previous one :)

EJTranslations
07-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Hello, I figured I'd just piggyback onto this thread instead of starting a new one, since I've been waiting for my test to get graded too. I got my results back, and didn't pass, but the comments given were mainly that the lines weren't deliniated clearly enough.

Is there a specified time limit I should wait before I try again, or can I try to resubmit it right away?

I was actually a little worried when I went back and re-read my translation the day after I submitted it, that the one part that was pointed out in the comments didn't quite flow as nicely as I would've liked it, but I'd already submitted the results. :(

Yes, as 玲華. says, you can go ahead and resubmit as soon as you want! In some cases, when it's clear the test-taker has a long way to go with grammar or whatnot, I would recommend waiting a little longer, but if you get a rejection along the lines of "this was almost there but the lines were too disconnected," then taking a second stab at it right away makes sense.