PDA

View Full Version : OOC: The School of Seven Towers

sunnyside
07-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Feel free to ask me questions or just say hello. It's ever so tempting to have written a lot more for the game, but I worry about overloading people, and to an extent more content can be limiting.

Black-Cat0001
07-18-2014, 01:39 PM
Hey pal. I'm ready and had a great idea for my character after reading some of your detail on the war. PM me for the details please :)

Ranshiin
07-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Boosh.

I need to find the bit of discussion we had regarding what sorts of abilities/skills my character should have in the game. I think I have a bit of a potential backstory to him.

I can't remember if you said anywhere (or if you added it to the sign-up thread) but what sorts of magic are possible? Would there be some sort of 'forbidden' magic that could be taught at the school, or would things like that get people thrown out? Just asking.

sunnyside
07-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Boosh.

I need to find the bit of discussion we had regarding what sorts of abilities/skills my character should have in the game. I think I have a bit of a potential backstory to him.

I can't remember if you said anywhere (or if you added it to the sign-up thread) but what sorts of magic are possible? Would there be some sort of 'forbidden' magic that could be taught at the school, or would things like that get people thrown out? Just asking.

I'd thought about laying out a limited number of types of magic...but then figured maybe it'd be better to just leave it open. As it is it's hard enough to fit people's characters in (Mr. "Dragon Magic")

As for your character you have that pic somewhere. Then you'd written:

As for my intended character ... well, as is known he's a dragon, but due to how you explained the individual cultures the only one that presently really fits is Therian.

I don't mind talking about this in public but you can PM me to discuss it if it's easier; however for the sake of comparison I'll give the basics on him in terms of his personality and powers as is "canon" in the story/world he's from. You can probably help explain what works and what doesn't, and some things could be changed.

Personality-wise: Generally very indifferent and somewhat cynical. He can come across as a bit rude or cold since he's usually only concerned about himself, and though he doesn't particularly shy away he tends to be a bit of a loner due to his attitude. His personality/character has its reasons for this as from a young age he was mistreated and left to fend for himself and he's more-or-less reluctant to rely on others for help, but he can learn to respect others and he's usually very reluctant on letting go of that respect once he has it.

In terms of the RP, as is obvious the only culture I can really class him as is as a Therian, but personality-wise he's much different to their 'norm' and could be seen as a rebel. Also it's not like he necessarily doesn't respect the world enough to help it like the others do, but more that he simply doesn't see the point.

And you spoke about some abilities.

Biomagic sounds potentially something like your "dragon magic". So the Therian package might be fine.

Then take flight, enhanced strength, fire breathing, and armor (with fire strength/cold weakness) as biomorphs. Put whatever is left into a skill or two.

Maybe Therian package (20 points for)
Biomorph, fire breathing, 20
Biomorph, armor 10 (strong against fire, weak against cold)
Magic Discipline, Biomagic, 10

Then:
Biomorph, flight, 15 -as a biomorph this gives wings
Biomorph, enhanced strength, 15 -as a biomorph this would make him a bit larger, but give some resiliance for that.
Skill, Martial arts (sword focus), 10

Reserve 40 points

The thought was that he'd leave things like fire, wind, shadow, dark, etc magic stuff for things to potentially develop.

Interest in them might explain why you character might interact with someone else. Sounds like you might be interested in something dark. (You could also shuffle points to start with that).

Also there is the general idea that he doesn't fit in so much with the Therians. You seemed fine with that.

Blackwaltz
07-18-2014, 10:08 PM
I am all about this game and so ready to make up a character ASAP

Ranshiin
07-19-2014, 04:01 AM
sunnyside Yeah, my idea is that he became interesting in understanding forbidden magic or something that his Therian village didn't particularly appreciate and he was essentially thrown out after being warned about his actions. Whether or not he has any 'compassion' for nature is something I'll have to figure ... perhaps I'll give his tower room a small greenhouse or a garden or something even if he doesn't like it 'because the school staff assumed as he's a Therian'. lol.

As for all the info - thanks, lol. I'm terrible at finding stuff in threads for some reason.

And as for abilities - well, the whole 'dragon magic' thing I can eschew in favour of simpler magic - such as just fire magic - but I'll have to give that some consideration.

My question about magic was mostly to understand what in this world is / is not possible in terms of magic. You already explained in the signup thread that practically everyone has some form of advanced resilience due to magic (I'm imagining basically a magical 'shield' that greatly reduces the effects of incoming damage but that's just me), so I understand that much - but I do genuinely dislike godmodding so I wanted to know what you feel is acceptable forms of magic and what you feel might be a little too OP, unnecessary, etc.

If you believe that within reasonable limits anything is possible, then I'm fine with that too. It doesn't bother me either way but I just wanted to understand the world's rules, laws, etc.

I'm also thinking of deliberately not reading the other cultures' bios as to demonstrate my character being a bit 'ignorant' of other cultures owing to how his village operated. Though, since he was thrown out, he might have come across a few on his way to finding the school.

sunnyside
07-19-2014, 01:03 PM
sunnyside Yeah, my idea is that he became interesting in understanding forbidden magic or something that his Therian village didn't particularly appreciate and he was essentially thrown out after being warned about his actions.

There could potentially be plenty of things that could do that. A particularly expansion minded Therian tribe might even only approve of biomagic.

[/quote]Whether or not he has any 'compassion' for nature is something I'll have to figure ... perhaps I'll give his tower room a small greenhouse or a garden or something even if he doesn't like it 'because the school staff assumed as he's a Therian'. lol. [/quote]

heh

And as for abilities - well, the whole 'dragon magic' thing I can eschew in favour of simpler magic - such as just fire magic - but I'll have to give that some consideration.

Well, if you define it than it's probably fine.

[/quote]
My question about magic was mostly to understand what in this world is / is not possible in terms of magic. You already explained in the signup thread that practically everyone has some form of advanced resilience due to magic (I'm imagining basically a magical 'shield' that greatly reduces the effects of incoming damage but that's just me), so I understand that much - but I do genuinely dislike godmodding so I wanted to know what you feel is acceptable forms of magic and what you feel might be a little too OP, unnecessary, etc.

If you believe that within reasonable limits anything is possible, then I'm fine with that too. [/quote]

Something rather more like that. The points bit puts something of a limiting effect. You could have a discipline of magic with incredible potential, but you're a student (granted potentially an exceptional student) in it not yet a master.

Feel free to pitch things. Though actually maybe I should have included some more on the hows of magic and example disciplines. I had written stuff up, I just worried about length.

I can appreciate how tabletop games end up taking hundreds of pages of rulebooks to operate.

Light Buster
07-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Is it okay to make two characters from one culture? I have an idea in mind for them.

Ranshiin
07-19-2014, 05:56 PM
Something rather more like that. The points bit puts something of a limiting effect. You could have a discipline of magic with incredible potential, but you're a student (granted potentially an exceptional student) in it not yet a master.

Feel free to pitch things. Though actually maybe I should have included some more on the hows of magic and example disciplines. I had written stuff up, I just worried about length.

I can appreciate how tabletop games end up taking hundreds of pages of rulebooks to operate.

I just wondered, really. I'm happy to go along with the rules (or lack of rules) given that the pointy system does impose arbitrary limits anyway. I've got a grasp of the sorts of 'forbidden' magic that my character might be trying to learn. Nothing as far as mind-control, that might be pushing it a bit too far.

... I'll leave the mind-control up to the Pactmaker guys lolol. ;-)

sunnyside
07-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Is it okay to make two characters from one culture? I have an idea in mind for them.

Probably. The only thing I worry about is someone trying to build a mini army by making multiple characters that team up. Though someone could also make a team, just have one spend points on the other as a companion. I also might be fine with full powered chars teaming up if one accepts karma issues.

But it sounds like you're thinking of having them be separate if not adversarial, so that should be no issue at all.

Ranshiin
07-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Okay, taking this out of the sign-up thread because I'm not sure I want to clutter it up by getting confused.

So, you added some stuff regarding how points allocated to powers and skills affect their proficiency. However, I'm now just a bit stuck understand what relevance it has to my character -- aka what exactly I've done wrong, since that all I did was copy/paste what you suggested to me and gave some brief description about their general use and strengths/disadvantages.

You're going to have to help me understand what I need to alter. Sorry. :/

sunnyside
07-21-2014, 11:42 AM
You're going to have to help me understand what I need to alter. Sorry. :/

Oooooh. I see. Your character is fine, there isn't anything you have to alter. I was responding to:

If his biomagic is a bit too 'out there', I could change it to being control over the fire-element magic instead. I'm also thinking of dropping his sword proficiency to 5 or perhaps enhanced strength to 10, and adding unarmed combat 5 as a skill. Alternatively I might just drop his swordplay altogether for this RP, I'm not too sure.

Also should I move the 'physical resilience' part to his armour biomorph? I'm fairly sure one or the other is going to give him that.

Where it appeared you were considering making a number of changes.

Though sort of on that note I'm wondering about the armor part. The way he's usually drawn, your character looks soft to the touch. Is that just how the artist does it and he's ment to have armor plates, scales, shark like dermal denticles, a thick hide, or is his resistance meant to be more of a purely magical effect?

Ranshiin
07-21-2014, 12:02 PM
It's a mix of both. The artist likes drawing him the way she does but he's supposed to be scaly ... though closer to something like a thick hide or scales on a snake or something as opposed to thick, hard plates. He'd have very little physical movement ability otherwise.

Basically they're supposed to be tough enough to offer -some- protection, but not infallible protection. A sharp enough arrow or dagger-stab or enough of a bludgeoning with a mace or a sword or anything will get through them. I guess in that sense they could be classed as 'soft' but not like 'squishy' soft or anything.

His resistance to fire magic/weakness to cold is a balance owing to his origin as a dragon and his ability to breathe fire - makes sense that since he can breathe it he has strong resistance to it in turn. I came to assume that the armour (in this case scales) would offer some form of physical protection as well as his resilience to fire and heat.

My consideration of altering his magic was more to do with whether you thought his biomagic ability was a bit too unorthodox. If you think it's fine though then that's okay. I'm thinking of it in this RP that he was taught to manifest his life energy by his elders - y'know, to be able to use it to heal the land or to provide energy for nature such as to grow trees or plants or whatever - but instead he worked it into an offensive ability. Is that something that's feasible?

edit

How tall do you think he should be? He's going to be quite tall owing to his alterations but I don't want him to seem unreasonably large.

sunnyside
07-21-2014, 07:43 PM
My consideration of altering his magic was more to do with whether you thought his biomagic ability was a bit too unorthodox. If you think it's fine though then that's okay. I'm thinking of it in this RP that he was taught to manifest his life energy by his elders - y'know, to be able to use it to heal the land or to provide energy for nature such as to grow trees or plants or whatever - but instead he worked it into an offensive ability. Is that something that's feasible?

edit

How tall do you think he should be? He's going to be quite tall owing to his alterations but I don't want him to seem unreasonably large.

Ah. I see what you're looking for with the bio magic. How about he starts with the normal version, but at the school can learn to "twist" it to what you're wanting as you add points. That might also meet some of your other magical desires as this is how you could achieve those effects.

I'm flexible on size. But if you don't want him going around indoors on all fours you might want to keep the standing height to 8 ft or so max.

Ranshiin
07-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I'll give it some thought. His biomagic (or his use of it) is what got him thrown out of his home-village (I added a bio) but I can change it if needs be.

As for size - canonically, he's seven foot three. However, I'm thinking of making him a little shorter (six foot eight, nine?). I was just thinking if that might be too tall or not. He can't walk on 'all fours' either.

Light Buster
07-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Just so everyone knows, I don't have 24/4 internet access so I won't be posting often. I also have a job, which will also be a factor as well.

sunnyside
07-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Just so everyone knows, I don't have 24/4 internet access so I won't be posting often. I also have a job, which will also be a factor as well.

Actually, wait. Does that mean congratulations are in order for graduating college and getting a job?

I'll give it some thought. His biomagic (or his use of it) is what got him thrown out of his home-village (I added a bio) but I can change it if needs be.

As for size - canonically, he's seven foot three. However, I'm thinking of making him a little shorter (six foot eight, nine?). I was just thinking if that might be too tall or not. He can't walk on 'all fours' either.

Seven three is fine.

Also something I mentioned to Light Buster that probably applies to all of you is that I do consider that there is some overlap between the different melee specialties. If you're an expert with a sword you aren't going to be clueless with a spear or in hand to hand and vice versa. A lot of the motions and especially the footwork carry over, all might teach something with kicks, and should include knowledge of how others might attack. You could have a more general mixed art as opposed to specializing.

I'm a bit not sure about the magic. I like your bio, and you can get whatever via non-package points, but I see what you're wanting to do. Maybe adding some points into it to enhance and twist the magic? Are you looking for some specific effects, or is it more that it should be naughty and have at least one attack and a barrier effect?

Ranshiin
07-23-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm a bit not sure about the magic. I like your bio, and you can get whatever via non-package points, but I see what you're wanting to do. Maybe adding some points into it to enhance and twist the magic? Are you looking for some specific effects, or is it more that it should be naughty and have at least one attack and a barrier effect?
The specific effects I was looking for is that this is basically his 'dragon magic' that I mentioned before, although very basic and limited in its use. The idea is that he's able to create very basic spheres of 'force' that can perhaps put a dent in a brick wall or hit someone like being punched really hard or something. If you look at the profile at the first picture, it's pretty much the orange energy sphere he's holding.

I tried to balance it as he has only 10 points in the power, so that it requires a lot of his energy to use.

I'm guessing in hindsight that being able to create 'barriers' might be a bit too far-reaching for having only 10 points in his biomagic and might be something he learns to do with 15, 20 or 25+ points. I'm not sure if I can change any of the points around to add points to his biomagic skill or not.

I think for now I'll just remove the 'defensive' ability of it and leave it as something he might gain with training.

That said, what do you think I should do? Would having it as a presently very-basic and offensive 'magic' attack be enough with the 10 points or is it still too potent? If it's too potent and you think I'd need 15 or 20 points for him to be able to use his biomagic as an offensive tool then I guess I'll have to change it so that he's still in the process of learning it, though with 10 points I assumed he'd have some manner of success with it.

I guess that being a modification of environment-healing magic may have something to do with it, though he's not really very competent with doing that. Enough to say, maintain a small garden (hint hint lol), but nothing greater than that.

sunnyside
07-23-2014, 10:37 PM
As a note for a few people, I'm letting the Therians have their teeth and claws for free, because I'm not charging for daggers or swords or whatnot.

That said, what do you think I should do?

How about this. Just leave the biomagic alone. It still has uses beyond growing crops that you might like, chiefly buffing your biomorhs and giving you a route to healing yourself and others.

Then drop the martial arts. It's certainly something that you could learn at the school and judging by the sign ups we've had so far I think there may be people who would be eager to try and help your character learn. Keep the sword. He can use his strength to fake it until he makes it.

And then use the 10 points to get the sort of magic you actually want instead of missing the mark. Based on your idea of using your own energy. As a magic discipline you then gain some flexibility. Since it doesn't sound like you're looking for a wide range of effects you could have flexibility in those effects you do have. So an energy ball is fine, a barrier is fine. You could also choose the throw energy in a "focused" (single target damage), "ball" (knockback or wall breaking), or an explosive ball (for multiple weak or hard to hit targets). The taking damage yourself part can really add to the effect in general, and I'd be willing to give you the option to double down on that for more of both. And you could use it as a light source without dealing yourself damage (unless you want a firework). Though again that's just a pitch. It could work differently. And a little more variety beyond the above pitch would be OK. As with the other magics you don't have to define every detail. Just realize you can have variations on the theme, especially as you continue to add points.

Ranshiin
07-24-2014, 09:38 AM
Okay, I understand. Given his background he's likely to have very little in the way of combat experience.

So, how exactly should I arrange the points? Should I class the 10 points as an unrelated power to his biomagic - its own Magic Discipline, in other words - or as something that's an 'augment' to it? I understand what you're saying but not exactly how I should place the points as to give him magic and how it affects the biomagic and stuff.

Therian package (20 points for)
Biomorph, fire breathing, 20
Biomorph, armour, 10 -- minor physical resistance, strong resistance to fire, strong weakness to cold/ice
Magic Discipline, Biomagic, 10 -- World regeneration and basic healing powers for self or others??

And:
Biomorph, flight, 15 -- possesses wings
Biomorph, enhanced strength, 15 -- enhanced physical strength, taller and heavier as a result

10 points then for what? Separate magic discipline, or a direct biomagic enhancement/augmentation?

I'm aware this is being a bit of a nuisance and I want to get it dealt with so that my character is ready and we can start. ._.

Light Buster
07-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Actually, wait. Does that mean congratulations are in order for graduating college and getting a job?

Yes. I have a legitimate job.

sunnyside
07-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Yes. I have a legitimate job.

Well congratulations! I think people should get more props for that regardless, but you might stand out among your generation.

10 points then for what? Separate magic discipline

That. No ties to the biomagic except that, as far as backstory goes, learning biomagic might have provided the basis your character used to learn whatever you want to call this. (Dragon Magic?) This gives you the flexibility to have it work the way you want it to work.

and we can start. ._.

Despite the sorry state of the RP board I was rather hoping for some more sign ups. I think Blackwaltz at the least will sign up in a bit and I have some hopes for at least three others that have indicated interest. But I was hoping for more like a dozen players for the social interplay. I could do a smaller group though if that's just how it is. Maybe if we get some activity things will liven up.

Ranshiin
07-24-2014, 01:52 PM
That. No ties to the biomagic except that, as far as backstory goes, learning biomagic might have provided the basis your character used to learn whatever you want to call this. (Dragon Magic?) This gives you the flexibility to have it work the way you want it to work.
Okay, I'll do that then.

I'm thinking of dropping 'enchanced strength' to 10 in order to give him 5 points on something else, such as basic combat skills (sword or hand-to-hand) or perhaps to be able to cast basic fire magic. It depends how much of an effect you'd perceive that would have on that particular skill.

Princess Lemon
07-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Hey all, I apologize I haven't been on. I got a new job that's working me 5-7 days a week for 8-10 hours. GOOD bit is I've adjusted to the schedule.

However I'm excited to see it up. Tetsano and I are reading up on it and should be doing some fun character stuff soon. I'll post some delicious questions when I need 'em

Scourges daughter
07-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi scourges daughter here! I want to join :laugh: okay my RPG chapter name is silver but her nickname is Bloody Wolf she's 16 has black hair and red eyes she a werewolf she's cold she's a killer she has a belt with bones and teeth of her victims she turns into a black wolf with red eyes Below is her belt wolf form and her human form

Scourges daughter
07-26-2014, 02:53 PM
My RPG is backed on female scourge from warrior cats

Tetsanosuke
07-26-2014, 02:58 PM
As Lemon says, we are approaching this game.

My current question regarding points:

Is this right?
Regular 20 Spent/20 reserve
Exceptional 40 Spent / 20 reserve

So with an exceptional student I can take the starting package and have 20 points to spend?

If I'm wrong I politely request that you clarify.

JimmyTheCannon
07-27-2014, 01:51 AM
So I'm interested, but I'm going to need to remember to look at this sometime other than 2 AM so I can sit down and plot out a character. I'm looking at the Magitek, though - love me some Steampunk.

sunnyside
07-27-2014, 03:01 PM
As Lemon says, we are approaching this game.

My current question regarding points:

Is this right?
Regular 20 Spent/20 reserve
Exceptional 40 Spent / 20 reserve

So with an exceptional student I can take the starting package and have 20 points to spend?

If I'm wrong I politely request that you clarify.

As the exceptional sort of student players get to start as you have 60 points to spend, and 40 in reserve (to use later a the game goes on). Packages are a way to get 40 points of stuff for only 20 points (leaving you 40 points to spend on whatever). However conforming to a package is not for every character, and it's fine not to take one.

FYI more typical students would have about 20 points of stuff, with nothing above a 10. And that's still better than the vast majority of people in the world.

I'll look into that. You could look through the sign in thread for the school of seven towers if you'd like to. Or I could come up with some ideas for how she can fit in.

FYI the game Discordia is also long dead I'm afraid...

Okay, I'll do that then.

I'm thinking of dropping 'enchanced strength' to 10 in order to give him 5 points on something else, such as basic combat skills (sword or hand-to-hand) or perhaps to be able to cast basic fire magic. It depends how much of an effect you'd perceive that would have on that particular skill.

You've at least got until we start to shuffle things around.

Although you're already quite the flamethrower...

Ranshiin
07-27-2014, 03:26 PM
You've at least got until we start to shuffle things around.

Although you're already quite the flamethrower...

My character's a dragon lol, they kinda do that.

edit

I'd like your opinion on the changes in the sign-up thread but they're basically what you suggested to me already. Biomagic altered to being standard Therian world-healing, and his Martial Arts skill dropped in favour of a 'Destructive Biomagic' magic discipline which is basically the explosive-magic thing.

If those are okay, then at the least I'd like to ask your opinion on whether having 'enhanced strength' on 15 is enough, or if I could put it to 10 and either keep the 5 points in reserve or add them to something else, such as basic fire-magic.

The reason I'm asking is because I don't want too many things to begin over 15 if I can help it owing to what you said about 'standard' and 'exceptional' students. So far he has flight and strength biomorphs and his fire-breathing at 15 or above. However, it depends on how much of an effective difference there is between an 'enhanced strength' of 15 or 10.

In fairness, he's exceptional only in the sense that his Therian alterations are quite extreme in nature. Fire is also something I know not to take lightly so I believe having 20 in fire-breathing is appropriate.

I just want opinions, anyway. I'm happy where things are, personally. He has his potential and 40 points is enough to expand his magic and martial arts' knowledge a vast deal as I don't particularly see any of his standing abilities being improved. He's at the school to learn new things as opposed to improving what he already knows, really.

Princess Lemon
07-27-2014, 03:33 PM
So, I'm thinking of going Netherkin and I have a question about appearance and nether type

They are seeming to the whole undead bit, and in the description I saw liches---which naturally lights up my eyes because I have a deep love for liches.

Is it perfectly ok for a student to be that form of "undead"/Netherkin?

Scourges daughter
07-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Thanks sunny * bro fist*

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

So am I in sunny

sunnyside
07-27-2014, 11:57 PM

Ummmm. Is this the right reference?
http://warriors.wikia.com/wiki/Scourge

So, I'm thinking of going Netherkin and I have a question about appearance and nether type

They are seeming to the whole undead bit, and in the description I saw liches---which naturally lights up my eyes because I have a deep love for liches.

Is it perfectly ok for a student to be that form of "undead"/Netherkin?

Yes. They're still a Netherkin, and so sort of alive. And if it's a student character they could even be a normal college age. But they could be quite patterned after a Gygaxian lich or what have you.

Scourges daughter
07-28-2014, 07:23 PM
Yep but her names silver

sunnyside
07-28-2014, 11:17 PM
Biomagic altered to being standard Therian world-healing, and his Martial Arts skill dropped in favour of a 'Destructive Biomagic' magic discipline which is basically the explosive-magic thing.

Uh huh.

If those are okay, then at the least I'd like to ask your opinion on whether having 'enhanced strength' on 15 is enough, or if I could put it to 10 and either keep the 5 points in reserve or add them to something else, such as basic fire-magic.

15 in strength seems appropriate. 10 makes some math things a bit easier for me :P
Maybe 5 in extra resilience? Or some enhanced sense? Starting his martial arts? (Though waiting would let you discuss what to take with other players) Boost something else?

In fairness, he's exceptional only in the sense that his Therian alterations are quite extreme in nature. Fire is also something I know not to take lightly so I believe having 20 in fire-breathing is appropriate.

Well also in the number of different things he has going on.

Yep but her names silver

Ok. So her "flavor" is based on scourge. But she has a werewolf form (4 legged or 2 legged sort?) and then a girl form with wolfey ears. No particular powers requested aside from werewolf stuff.

Ranshiin
07-29-2014, 11:19 AM
15 in strength seems appropriate. 10 makes some math things a bit easier for me :P
Maybe 5 in extra resilience? Or some enhanced sense? Starting his martial arts? (Though waiting would let you discuss what to take with other players) Boost something else?
Enhanced senses ... hrm. Got me thinking there.

OK. Enhanced strength at 10 (still going to be strong, just not as much ... you tell me what the perceived difference should be) and then I put the 5 left over into an enhanced sight biomorph? That might make him have a bit more capability in a fight or in exploration because he's going to have sharper sight and will be able to pick out things from a greater distance.

Bear in mind he has a bit of a thing for Magitek machinery. Good lord, imagine him with a Magitek sniper rifle or a bow-and-arrow combo. But yeah, does that work?

I'll leave his martial arts and other magic alone. Gives me time to decide whether he takes up unarmed combat, swordplay, a mix of both or perhaps leans towards so-called Magitek weaponry instead. Something for the story, depending on how he gets along with the Bushi-cultured students.

Scourges daughter
07-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Yep

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

And she can control all wolves

Princess Lemon
07-30-2014, 07:56 PM
A question for skills!

Would something along the lines of the knowledge of history be considered a skill, or is that more RP fluff?

sunnyside
07-31-2014, 12:36 PM
A question for skills!

Would something along the lines of the knowledge of history be considered a skill, or is that more RP fluff?

I suppose that depends. Most likely it would just be the sort of thing to put under hobbies/interests though. How were you planning to use it?

Princess Lemon
07-31-2014, 02:49 PM
I suppose that depends. Most likely it would just be the sort of thing to put under hobbies/interests though. How were you planning to use it?

Thinking on it, it'd be better for hobbies/interest. The character just has a deep love for history and the world before WW3

sunnyside
08-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Scourges daughter

Ok, I fleshed out your character based on your attempts at signing up for the already dead games Wonderland and Discordia, along with the wiki entry on “Scourge.” Feel free to mess with parts of this.

Name: Silver K MacEwen (AKA Bloody Wolf)
Age 18
Culture: Therian
Appearance:
night black hair with blood red eyes pale skin wolf tail and ears she’s very small for her age. she wears a blood stained black belt around her neck with bones and teeth of her victims
(also see pictures)

Hobbies/Interests: Music, preferring harder stuff that one might find in a Magitek undercity.

Personality: She's shy, but make her mad you’re dog food! She can be a good friend who would give you the shirt off her back.

She has a weakness for cuteness and hates jazz and bully's

Point Allotment (Skills, Powers, Magic Disciplines, Artifacts/Companions) :
Therian Package 20 points (30 points of biomorphs + Biomagic 10)
Always active (associated with ears and tail):
Biomorph- Enhanced hearing 5
Biomorph -Enhanced Agility 5
Active in wolf form (not active unless she’s taken the time to change into her form of a large wolf. This is fairly rapid, but takes a little time)
Biomorph – Ripper claws 10 (Wolves usually don’t have claws at all. However in wolf form Silver’s paws sport a large magically enhanced claw on the middle toe rather like a velociraptor. If you want to get away from the catness of Scourge a bit more you could have this apply to teeth or something else. I might give an extra bonus for teeth since they’re relatively hard to use in attacks)
Biomorph – Fast run/leap 10 (somewhat inherent in large wolf form, but this allows for faster movement and leaps than should be physically possible)
Biomorph – Enhanced strength 10

Power – regeneration 10 (this could be increased if you’re willing to accept various weaknesses such as to Silver. Note that biomagic can be used to heal, but that’s slow and generally not something you’d want to do until after a fight)

Power Wolf affinity 20 (This allows for control over wolves…however wolves are pretty rare in this setting, so I’m treating this more like putting points into Allies. This gives you four bioweapons descended from wolves. They are sentient though fairly simple minded and you can communicate with them telepathically via this power. Each has fast run/leap 5 and Enhanced strength 5)

Bio:

Silver grew up among a more shape shifting oriented bunch of Therians. They stayed in animal form most of the time, but might shift back for various purposes, such as needing a pair of hands. They were still occasionally plunged into conflict even after the war and so had a warrior mentality.

Silver was small, and a late bloomer magically. This made her a target for bullying. Her unwillingness to cowl didn’t help. Some justified the bullying as nessesary to get her in line and toughen her up. After one particular incident that left her with a torn up shoulder, Silver ran away. She went to the one place she knew she wouldn’t be followed, the lower levels of a Magitek city. While didn't belong to that culture and knew little about it. Her human form and a cloak allowed her to blend in enough in the slums of the undercity far below the towers of the techmages.

Incredibly determined, Silver grew in power both in terms of magically enhancing her wolf form but also in leadership as she put together a gang with some of the freaks and unemployed minions in the undercity, also managing to befriend and connect with some sentient wolflike bioweapons. Eventually she would be drawn into her own small war. Leaving the undercity and warring against those who had bullied her. In one battle she slew the one who had scarred her long ago. But ultimately her gang was broken in a later battle, and she barely escaped alive.

With enemies from previos gang wars but now without many friends in the undercity and certainly being unsafe among the Therians she had warred against, Silver decided to take her remaining wolves and head to the School of Seven Towers. She wonders if she should try and live in the Therian tower and hope her past doesn’t catch up with her there, or if she should try and see if she could stay in the Magitek tower. She’s no Techmage, but, perhaps if she stays low and out of the way she could find her own way to thrive as she did in the slummy undercity.

Ranshiin
08-04-2014, 04:46 PM
sunnyside I decided to drop 'enhanced strength' to 10 in order to add a sight enhancement. I gave some thought regarding the setting and decided that it was a good idea as it opens up some options (such as the possibility of getting good with guns, if guns exist as some form of Magitek stuff).

You think that's okay? I don't want to go too overboard.

sunnyside
08-06-2014, 12:41 PM
[MENTION=173112]
You think that's okay? I don't want to go too overboard.

Well, it certainly isn't overboard. It's just really good vision. To an extent I like it because it has utility outside of combat (though I suppose strength does as well).

You asked it in a PM, but since people seem interested I thought I'd answer your firearm question here. Muskets and cannons were common enough before the rediscovery of magic, and they were magically enhanced up to he Apocolypse war. These days everyone generally has access to Mideval weaponry, but firearms are around as well. Note that the resiliancy of people makes a musket ball less lethal than in reality. Firearms also have to compete with a host of incredibly powerful ranged magical abilities.

Anyway I'll put down the following as a general guidline to how these cultures typically approach firearms:
Therians- generally don't use firearms (and often only use biomorph based weapons)
Bushi - Very much prefer melee over any sort of ranged attack, to say nothing of firearms.
Magitek- plenty of ranged weaponry. Firearms are certainly included, but they might use magic and a vague understanding of science to make a railgun or heat ray. Though the further they stray from musketry the more demands are made on their level of techmagic and predictability and reliability suffer as well.
Pactmakers - They often dislike having to get up close and personal, and they do need to defend their ships, airships, and caravans. There are plenty known as suppliers of quality simple or enchanted muskets and sundry.
Netherkin - Rarely have anything like a foundry or chemist to make anything of their own, but might buy something.
Celestials - While they will send out a few as heavily armored warriors. They really prefer indirect combat, such as launching a volly of arrows into the sky so you don't have to even look at your enemies. In line with that they're known for using heavy artillary which makes battle rather more like working together to build a wall or something.
Wanderers - Might use firearms, but those just require so much stuff to keep them going.

Ranshiin
08-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Okay, that's what I wanted to know, really. 'Old' weapons (muskets, perhaps western-style revolvers?) and magically-enhanced stuff. I didn't expect them to be too effective for the most part owing to the resilience most people have to physical injuries, but they will probably have an advantage over direct magic somewhere I'm sure. :P

Railguns would be fun. Gonna see if I can get one of those. Pew pew pew.

Scourges daughter
08-08-2014, 10:23 PM
I LOVE IT SUNNY !!!!!!! If I really new you I'll would hug you

Scourges daughter
08-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Re: OOC: The School of Seven Towers
Scourges daughter

Ok, I fleshed out your character based on your attempts at signing up for the already dead games Wonderland and Discordia, along with the wiki entry on “Scourge.” Feel free to mess with parts of this.

Name: Silver K MacEwen (AKA Bloody Wolf)
Age 18
Culture: Therian
Appearance:
night black hair with blood red or icy blueeyes pale skin wolf tail and ears she’s very small for her age. she wears a blood stained black belt around her neck with bones and teeth of her victims wolf form is a black wolf with a white paw with a white stripe over it same eyes and belt
(also see pictures)

Hobbies/Interests: Music, preferring harder stuff that one might find in a Magitek undercity. Fighting , video gaming and her cat muffins

Personality: She's shy, but make her mad you’re dog food! She can be a good friend who would give you the shirt off her back but she never tells anyone about her past

She has a weakness for cuteness and hates jazz and bully's and people

Point Allotment (Skills, Powers, Magic Disciplines, Artifacts/Companions) :
Therian Package 20 points (30 points of biomorphs + Biomagic 10)
Always active (associated with ears and tail):
Biomorph- Enhanced hearing 5
Biomorph -Enhanced Agility 5
Active in wolf form (not active unless she’s taken the time to change into her form of a large wolf. This is fairly rapid, but takes a little time)
Biomorph – Ripper claws 10 (Wolves usually don’t have claws at all. However in wolf form Silver’s paws sport a large magically enhanced claw on the middle toe rather like a velociraptor. If you want to get away from the catness of Scourge a bit more you could have this apply to teeth or something else. I might give an extra bonus for teeth since they’re relatively hard to use in attacks)
Biomorph – Fast run/leap 10 (somewhat inherent in large wolf form, but this allows for faster movement and leaps than should be physically possible)
Biomorph – Enhanced strength 10

Power – regeneration 10 (this could be increased if you’re willing to accept various weaknesses such as to Silver. Note that biomagic can be used to heal, but that’s slow and generally not something you’d want to do until after a fight)

Power Wolf affinity 20 (This allows for control over wolves…however wolves are pretty rare in this setting, so I’m treating this more like putting points into Allies. This gives you four bioweapons descended from wolves. They are sentient though fairly simple minded and you can communicate with them telepathically via this power. Each has fast run/leap 5 and Enhanced strength 5)

Bio:

Silver grew up among a more shape shifting oriented bunch of Therians. They stayed in animal form most of the time, but might shift back for various purposes, such as needing a pair of hands. They were still occasionally plunged into conflict even after the war and so had a warrior mentality .

Silver was small, and a late bloomer magically. This made her a target for bullying.Her brothers and sisters bullied her and her mom tolled her about this story about some people a a scourge on every good person. Her unwillingness to cowl didn’t help. Some justified the bullying as nessesary to get her in line and toughen her up. After one particular incident that left her with a torn up shoulder, Silver ran away. She went to the one place she knew she wouldn’t be followed, the lower levels of a Magitek city. While didn't belong to that culture and knew little about it. Her human form and a cloak allowed her to blend in enough in the slums of the undercity far below the towers of the techmages. She meet some undercity people they laughed at her then she snapped and she clawed there necks open . Then her brother and sisters came to join then she killed them.

Incredibly determined, Silver grew in power both in terms of magically enhancing her wolf form but also in leadership as she put together a gang with some of the freaks and unemployed minions in the undercity, also managing to befriend and connect with some sentient wolflike bioweapons. Eventually she would be drawn into her own small war. Leaving the undercity and warring against those who had bullied her. In one battle she slew the one who had scarred her long ago. But ultimately her gang was broken in a later battle, and she barely escaped alive. She changed her name into silver.

With enemies from previos gang wars but now without many friends in the undercity and certainly being unsafe among the Therians she had warred against, Silver decided to take her remaining wolves and head to the School of Seven Towers. She wonders if she should try and live in the Therian tower and hope her past doesn’t catch up with her there, or if she should try and see if she could stay in the Magitek tower. She’s no Techmage, but, perhaps if she stays low and out of the way she could find her own way to thrive as she did in the slummy undercity. She's not really a hi and friend person but if you try really heard and show you are not going to hurt her she will be your friend

Light Buster
08-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Okay, so my second character was slightly changed. For the first one though, I feel like I have to give up a lot of things just to go into detail.

sunnyside
08-10-2014, 10:11 PM
FYI I'll be in vacation mode for a while and might be less likely to reply. Though things have been crazy IRL so maybe I'll actually find myself with more time?

Okay, so my second character was slightly changed. For the first one though, I feel like I have to give up a lot of things just to go into detail.[/QUOTE]

You mean you feel like you'd have to reveal secrets you wouldn't want to in order to flesh out their bio?

I LOVE IT SUNNY !!!!!!! If I really new you I'll would hug you

Dawww. When you get the chance post that character sheet in the sign in thread:
http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?121675-Sign-Up-The-School-of-Seven-Towers

Light Buster
08-12-2014, 11:53 AM
FYI I'll be in vacation mode for a while and might be less likely to reply. Though things have been crazy IRL so maybe I'll actually find myself with more time?

You mean you feel like you'd have to reveal secrets you wouldn't want to in order to flesh out their bio?

What I mean is I have to give up other skills to go into detail.

sunnyside
08-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Alright I'm back. I'm going to check back with a few people and then I'll kick things off.

What I mean is I have to give up other skills to go into detail.

You mean there are other things you want him to do, you just don't have the points for it?

Oh, and due to the confusion with reserve points, you actually still have unallocated points with your second character.

Also I'm not sure what

Power – Blessing of the Moon (20 Points) – Mizuki is able to use some of the energy she stored in her body to activate a number of abilities that she can use.

Is supposed to mean exactly, whereas other powers you currently have listed in reserve are much clearer.

Or are you going with her starting 60 points being:
Point Allotment:
Skill – Martial Arts (10 Points) – Mizuki is proficient in unarmed combat.
Power – Blessing of the Moon: Armor (10 Points) – Mizuki can use a small portion of the moonlight energy stored in her body to give herself protection from a variety of attacks and nullify all status alignments as we as protect her from them. She can activate and deactivate this at will, but as the armor is active, energy will be used to remain active.
Power – Blessing of the Moon: Healing (10 Points) – Mizuki can use a portion of her moonlight energy to heal herself or others. She can only use it on one person or herself at a time.
Power – Blessing of the Moon: Release (20 Points) – Mizuki can use a portion of her moonlight energy and release it to attack her enemies.
Power – Blessing of the Moon: Enhance (10 Points) – Mizuki can use a portion of her moonlight energy to buff her physical strength or someone else’s.

Light Buster
08-22-2014, 02:52 PM
You mean there are other things you want him to do, you just don't have the points for it?

Don't have the points for it. Separating them will use up the points.

Oh, and due to the confusion with reserve points, you actually still have unallocated points with your second character.

Also I'm not sure what is supposed to mean exactly, whereas other powers you currently have listed in reserve are much clearer.

I changed it. Check the sign ups for the change.

Princess Lemon
09-03-2014, 05:07 PM
I've been thinking of what to switch out black magic for in the RP for Xexiam. Thus far my head keeps going back to flying, but in theory that can be obtained with elemental magic for wind. The other part of me is thinking of a power that allows charming, or smooth talking, which can fit the character but to a minimum degree. It goes with the whole facade of friendliness he gives.

Just once pointed out the redundancy, I've wanted to change it--though the main reason I took black magic is it reminded me of the abilities the Necromancer from DIablo 2 gets and I was like "aw man I'm all about this". Character stuff is hard.

Blackwaltz
09-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Super eager to get started!

sunnyside
09-16-2014, 12:39 AM
FYI, sorry for the delay in starting. I've kept holding out for interested parties and other games launching. I'm probably about to wait to long. However that's requiring a bit of changing how things can start.

Also I suspect I need to make a map or something, the description of the place is probably hard to work with.

Blackwaltz
09-17-2014, 11:22 PM
I have my first post all written out. I'm set to go!

Yuuchun
09-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Are we going to start this any time this week?

Blackwaltz
09-24-2014, 02:50 PM
I hope so!

sunnyside
09-24-2014, 05:27 PM
Alright, lets do this thing. No art though. I don't suppose any of you have any talent for that you'd care to share?

The first post is fairly open regarding were you'd like to place yourself. As always I'm here if you feel stuck behind writers block. And as I want to encourage some worldbuilding in my players you have a fair bit of flexiblity in fleshing out the details of certain buildings and especially in creating NPCs to interact with.

Ranshiin
Light Buster
Yuuchun
Princess Lemon
Black-Cat0001
Blackwaltz
Tetsanosuke
Scourges daughter
Thrasher J
Scarlet Innocence

Ranshiin
09-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Are there any suggestions on classes or things to do? I've read the first post but at a bit of a loss as to what sorts of things are being offered (aside from combat and magic-oriented stuff) and wondering if there may be anything specific that draws most or all of our characters together aside from the whole area of the central campus.

Maybe I'm better off waiting until tomorrow, seeing if anything gets posted and re-reading the sign-up thread and my character bio to discern what exact classes he'd be looking for. I just basically want something that puts me in a group with someone else. =P

sunnyside
09-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Are there any suggestions on classes or things to do? I've read the first post but at a bit of a loss as to what sorts of things are being offered (aside from combat and magic-oriented stuff) and wondering if there may be anything specific that draws most or all of our characters together aside from the whole area of the central campus.

Maybe I'm better off waiting until tomorrow, seeing if anything gets posted and re-reading the sign-up thread and my character bio to discern what exact classes he'd be looking for. I just basically want something that puts me in a group with someone else. =P

I was hoping that the signs about forming "teams" or "study groups" would motivate people to get together to some degree.

As for other classes I figured your character would want to go into something Magitek, though you had a laundry list of stuff you wanted to pick up. I have no idea who will bite on things like Philosophy and debate, or world history and exploration. Or suggest something.

Or interact with one of the mentioned groups or goings on. Maybe get dared to get up on stage for the other players to see. :)

sunnyside
09-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Ranshiin
Yuuchun
Blackwaltz

While I'm itching to interact with your characters myself, I've sent out PMs to the other players. It occurs to me that it's been rather a while since I started the sign in thread. Of course if they wait a while I'll start posting. It'll still be fine to add people whenever (as is common in AF games.) Just wanted you to know I was around and you hadn't been GM abandoned.

Ranshiin
09-30-2014, 08:21 PM
I have a feeling that someone's going to have to keep track of what classes people are taking. I'm a little confused having read the most recent messages, especially because I can't figure out what the time of day is supposed to be. ((For example, a few of us have posted just arriving to the campus suggesting morning or noon-time whereas a few others have posted having already taken classes. Unless they've taken classes set-up early in the morning which others have missed then ... it doesn't make sense?))

I think it's going to be necessary once people have posted and shown what sorts of classes they've expressed interest in. I'm not the GM though so I'm just typing this out as a suggestion to try and help gain some sort of order and to help get interaction going between our characters. What do you think?

(( I also don't know when it's safe for me to post again. haha. ))

Yuuchun
09-30-2014, 09:20 PM
I feel like there's not enough players for the range of classes that was put out there. I'd say since they were so makeshift some got cancelled and just condense to a max of 2-3 classes where a majority of us are attending otherwise this is gonna look like a one man show. Perhaps, we can hold a poll here in the ooc thread and see what most people want to take classes in.

sunnyside
09-30-2014, 09:52 PM
I have a feeling that someone's going to have to keep track of what classes people are taking. I'm a little confused having read the most recent messages, especially because I can't figure out what the time of day is supposed to be. ((For example, a few of us have posted just arriving to the campus suggesting morning or noon-time whereas a few others have posted having already taken classes. Unless they've taken classes set-up early in the morning which others have missed then ... it doesn't make sense?))

I think it's going to be necessary once people have posted and shown what sorts of classes they've expressed interest in. I'm not the GM though so I'm just typing this out as a suggestion to try and help gain some sort of order and to help get interaction going between our characters. What do you think?

(( I also don't know when it's safe for me to post again. haha. ))

I feel like there's not enough players for the range of classes that was put out there. I'd say since they were so makeshift some got cancelled and just condense to a max of 2-3 classes where a majority of us are attending otherwise this is gonna look like a one man show. Perhaps, we can hold a poll here in the ooc thread and see what most people want to take classes in.

As far as classes go, I was hoping players would be able to use this as a way to express their interests. You wouldn't be expected to RP out every single class your character takes. Instead the ones worth mentioning would be the ones that you share with other players. Classes aren't even the only reason to interact with other players, they might just be part of how you eventually spend reserve points.

However an OOC discussion where you discuss what you might like to do could make things work out very well.

Time is a trickier thing in general in RPs. Though skipping ahead a little if you want to interact can work. Or if needed often there is some logic to things (such as the class being an early morning one, finished before most students even reached central campus). I do sometimes have to prod to advance time though that will come up eventually.

EDIT: OH! one other thing. It works well if you let someone know you're interacting with them, especially if they aren't expecting it. Such as by putting their name or a mention at the top of a post. On that note, Lemon is trying to interact with you Yuuchun!

Ranshiin
10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
On that note I have a feeling Shi'ran will be taking interest in the classes Blackwaltz' character teaches, then.

If it matters to anyone these are probably the things class-wise he's going to be looking into;

* Exploration (already signed up)
* Combat (not sure whether the Bushido one or the Magitek one, might take both lol)
* The class dealing with relics and whatnot that Blackwaltz has been seen teaching (it might be an exploration class though in which case he'd end up there anyway?).
* Some magic-teaching class. I don't know who'd be teaching magic.
* Something that teaches dark magic, though he's reluctant to ask because he's pretty sure it's taboo. Might be something that happens later on when he gets to know people and not on the school curriculum, per-se.
* Probably some sort of gym/sports class, but that might be more a casual thing instead of an actual class.

Given the reasons he came to the school (to further his magic) and the fact he takes an interest in technology and random items/trinkets those are probably the sorts of classes he's going to be in.

Just typing that out in case it helps anyone. I don't want my character to be here posting just to be attending xD.

Blackwaltz
10-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Ranshiin what makes you think I'll let you in my class?!?!?!?!? So presumptuous. Haha no but excellent! I've got a bite! Yeah sorry about the time setting that my post is in, I wrote it out while I was waiting for this to begin and it may have thrust things into disarray. But given that most high schools let out at 2 I don't see how this could be too strange. In fact I'll just go in an edit my post saying it ended the school day for Sefton himself, not necessarily for the rest of the campus.

My class, or after-class tutuoring, wouldn't contain much exploration in the sense of ruins, temples and hidden treasure troves in booby trap filled caves though. Sefton is one to comb through a private residence or open library, perhaps during the creation of a Pact in some cases. However he does have A LOT of relics to go through so if that's your bag then feel free to run into me, I'll be getting out of the Pactmaker Tower with my next post so worry not about not being able to interact with me soon.

Yuuchun
10-01-2014, 12:35 PM
sunnyside Yeah I know I read her post and sent her a PM saying it would take me a few days to respond to her because I have my hands a little full these days.

Ranshiin
10-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Blackwaltz That's unusual for me because I'm British and schools here finish at 3.30-4.30 (depends on the school - primary schools finish at 3.30, sixth form colleges 4 or 4.30) so the idea of school finishing at 2pm is ... baffling. xD.

Shi'ran is just estranged from how the world's advanced in the past ten/whatever years so pretty much anything technology or artifact-wise is going to grab his attention. Scouring a library for things or going through a museum would keep him fairly occupied for a while. Proper exploration (with reasons) moreso but still, there's that. He might even be willing to bring things to Sefton if things go that way. (I'm just speculating of course).

It depends who else shows interest or who takes similar classes. -shrug-

Princess Lemon
10-01-2014, 03:50 PM
sunnyside That's a good idea to tag names, and something I'll do from now on. Definitely makes things a wee bit easier.

Blackwaltz re-reading your post (a few times, since I need to read a post a few times to fully soak everything in) it is a class that Xexiam may be very interested in joining. It could begin Xexiam on the path of finding a relic or something that allows him to stay grounded to reality and not rely on the emotion of others.

I can see Xexiam in any class, however. If anything just for the knowledge alone. Knowledge is power after all.

We could possibly also take this time in OOC to discuss what classes we can all ~conveniently~ be in.

Ranshiin
10-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Perhaps there should be some mandatory classes?

As for classes, I've mentioned above what Shi'ran may be interested in, and if anything else comes to me I'll mention them. I just hope it helps (I think Shi'ran may take to Xexiam, it depends what sorts of magic he knows.)

Princess Lemon
10-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Perhaps there should be some mandatory classes?

As for classes, I've mentioned above what Shi'ran may be interested in, and if anything else comes to me I'll mention them. I just hope it helps (I think Shi'ran may take to Xexiam, it depends what sorts of magic he knows.)

WELL Xexiam does know some black magic, which you mentioned Shi'ran may be interested in a class of dark magic. This can lead to some social interaction or even..........................private tutoring! [/dun dun dun]

Not sure how Shi'ran would feel about the necromancy.

As for mandatory classes, I have a suggestion. History or Magical History? If the school is meant to try and prevent conflict, it may be best to look at the mistakes of the past. Again just a suggestion.

sunnyside
10-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Hmmm, it seems the exploration class is popular.

Yeah I know I read her post and sent her a PM saying it would take me a few days to respond to her because I have my hands a little full these days.

Cool. Though one of the reasons I like play by forum games is that they fit well in an overfull life (like mine!)

Actually on that note I should point out that I'm aware that some people, and some entire forums, demand huge long posts, but I don't require that here.

Now I do enjoy a good long post, and they show of one's RPing abilities. And I always encourage trying to flesh out a post a little (perhaps describing a thought, a motion, or something in the environment to add some depth). However I find that a paragraph is plenty to keep things rolling and one of those sooner beats out a huge post later, especially in interpersonal interactions.

But I'm cool with whatever, and enjoy different RP styles.

Ranshiin
10-05-2014, 06:42 AM
I just go for quality over quantity, but I tend to write long posts due to details anyway.

edit

sunnyside By the way I'm still alive, I've just been waiting for more people to post.

sunnyside
10-15-2014, 12:38 PM
I just go for quality over quantity, but I tend to write long posts due to details anyway.

Well you're in luck with Blackwaltz then. Things are a bit crazy for them, but obviously he's putting a lot into the posts he does make. I think he said today was when he thought he'd be able to get something.

sunnyside
11-21-2014, 07:33 AM
FYI I'm going to be without internet most of the weekend.

ELR
11-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Rodger that boss!

Blackwaltz
11-28-2014, 04:00 PM
ELR I'm glad I read the rest of the thread before posting because I would have missed your second character talking to me, haha. Also if Sone is the one who wrote the letter, don't forget to have the character Leopold, who Sefton initially talked to, as a part of the Troupe.

ELR
11-28-2014, 08:42 PM
*bows* Rodger that.

ELR
12-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Hey sunnyside had read through before havkng had posted, they hadnt made it in yet, thats sort of why I choose it that way, unless im reading it wrong.

sunnyside
12-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Hey sunnyside had read through before havkng had posted, they hadnt made it in yet, thats sort of why I choose it that way, unless im reading it wrong.

Yeah, they're still in the grandstands, it's just the other student groups that have headed into the ruins.

ELR
12-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Missread x.x sorry..

Ranshiin
12-12-2014, 04:37 AM
Can I just get a nod with what's going on with sunnyside, Blackwaltz, Thrasher J etc with the RP? Because it's been two weeks since anything was posted and again, I'm getting kinda restless.

sunnyside
12-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Can I just get a nod with what's going on with sunnyside, Blackwaltz, Thrasher J etc with the RP? Because it's been two weeks since anything was posted and again, I'm getting kinda restless.

I haven't been able to get a response out of Blackwaltz in a while. I dunno what's up there. I do know that he and ELR laid some groundwork. You could try PMing blackwaltz.

There will come a point to discuss other options. Since he started the ball rolling (and there's ELR at the other end) how do you think the group would react if his character led the way out of the city, or was about to, and then had some sort of accident or health thing that took him out of comission. I think he'd forgive me having his character ask yours to please complete the mission. His character could recover and catch up if Blackwaltz, I dunno, recovers and catches up IRL?

Thoughts?

ELR
12-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Well last thing stated was a leading to his room for a briefing. Basically theyre headed to a old house (I keep refering to it as a type of ruined place) so I can pester him as well to see if response gives. Know life is down hill here, grandmother died yesterday afternoon. Will not be on at all Monday, well get him to talk.

sunnyside
12-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Well last thing stated was a leading to his room for a briefing. Basically theyre headed to a old house (I keep refering to it as a type of ruined place) so I can pester him as well to see if response gives. Know life is down hill here, grandmother died yesterday afternoon. Will not be on at all Monday, well get him to talk.

By any chance are you implying that you know Blackwaltz in real life?

ELR
12-12-2014, 09:25 PM
O.o nope, forgot some people dont post their skypes or aims... SORRY!

Ranshiin
12-13-2014, 07:20 AM
I didn't see that ELR was involved or knew of what Blackwaltz was planning.

... And also, the fact his gran died yesterday isn't an excuse for the two previous weeks, though at least now I know what's going on. If you've got contact with him, then it's best to figure out what to do ... whether to wait or to postpone it or have someone else take it over. As I said I don't know what Blackwaltz might be planning with the trip so I don't know whether it's a good idea for someone else to 'take the reins' with this particular setup or not.

... And forgive me for coming across as indifferent.

ELR
12-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Oh no! I mean my grand mother died. X.x sorry!

Agreed to a point, if for some reason his absence is far longer then matters would have to be taken in a different form. His last login date was on the 8th.

As for my involvement, it isnt officially WITH tthe group. I have a seperate group meeting at the house he chose, other than location meeting and teamwork (an exhange) I am just as much in the dark as you. =( sorry Ranshinn

ELR
12-14-2014, 09:41 AM
Made contact, he said he was attempting to wait for Princess Lemon but realizing time space so will work on a reply asap. He is also sorry for worrying us. *sigh* I shall be back either extremely late Monday or some time Tuesday.

~Shobu~
01-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Hey, I'll post tomorrow! Sorry about the delay.

Ranshiin
01-18-2015, 06:24 AM
I guess Blackwaltz and Thrasher J have both disappeared now, too?

I know ELR referenced me in a post but, there's nothing I can do about it.

ELR
01-18-2015, 07:48 AM
x_x was hoping that would get their attention but I am thinking (even though I have seen blackwaltz on..) that he either still is figuring out his game plan or something else entirely..

Edit: Yea... Blackwaltz was on last on the 9th while Thrasher J was just on yesterday.

Ranshiin
01-20-2015, 09:53 AM
One word:

Guh...

sunnyside
01-20-2015, 12:47 PM
One word:

Guh...

Blackwaltz ELR Thrasher J Princess Lemon

Thrasher is still active, just stuck the same way Ranshiin is. I haven't had any luck getting ahold of Blackwaltz.

I think the time has come to have his character suffer a mysterious ailment and have his spirit servent request the students continue on in his stead. That should allow for linking up with ELR (who I will contact as it sounds like they were in communication with Blackwaltz). I figure Blackwaltz can catch up if and when they return.

If anyone would prefer to just wait more, speak now.

Hey, I'll post tomorrow! Sorry about the delay.

That would be awesome. I like the idea of using what you're up to as a "place" to put new players, at least for a while.

Ranshiin
01-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Well, sounds good to me.

Seems time-wise the RP's progressed to night-time anyway so ... well, something needs to happen because I'm fairly close to just giving up to be fair, and I don't want to.

ELR
01-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Slowly, Sam made it over to the rubble and felt what was not stone, and moved them one stone at a time.

"Just my luck."

What material was this made out of? It surely was not clay nor any type of plaster. But the smell of clay was still thick in the air.

"HEY!" He tries to reel back as a hand reach out and latches onto his, a blade pressed against his bare skin. "It is ME!"

sunnyside just pointing out, did post, was trying to give Light Buster some time to respond, was going to go forth this evening if he hadn't. Shall edit last post though so it matches yours and go from there.

sunnyside
01-26-2015, 07:14 PM
sunnyside just pointing out, did post, was trying to give Light Buster some time to respond, was going to go forth this evening if he hadn't. Shall edit last post though so it matches yours and go from there.

D'OH! Sorry about that...not sure how I missed it. My bad. Although I don't think she has a knife.

ELR
01-26-2015, 11:16 PM
o.O swords are sharp too lol I miss things as well, all apart of team work.

-Fixed it and posted anew though you should see that already xD

Ranshiin
01-28-2015, 05:37 AM
It's been a week, sunnyside. You need to do something, it seems. >.>;

sunnyside
01-29-2015, 12:39 AM
It's been a week, sunnyside. You need to do something, it seems. >.>;

I'd included him in PMs between ELR and myself on this, and hoped that would catch his attention. But yeah, I think I've got something arranged.

I don't like playing his characters at all, but hopefully he'll be understanding should he come back.

Anyway, post up.

ELR
01-31-2015, 10:03 PM
sunnyside x_x Had to reread twice to find the girl in goggles, realized no one has control of the girl, understand where you are coming from with trying to let them find her to join in.

sunnyside
02-01-2015, 12:06 AM
sunnyside x_x Had to reread twice to find the girl in goggles, realized no one has control of the girl, understand where you are coming from with trying to let them find her to join in.

Wow, that's a look of reading! :eek:

I only expected Ranshiin to catch that, and even then I wasn't sure he would.

(I even less sure he'd want her along if he does remember).

Anyway, I presume the bit about the cottage matches up with you?

ELR
02-01-2015, 12:09 AM
lol Yes, from how he explained it. 3-5 days on foot.

Ranshiin
02-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Oh, I remembered the girl and I figured there was a reason you brought her up (to have an NPC controlled by you in the group).

Shi'ran just doesn't think anything of her. Dude's a git, but I'm going to wait a bit for Thrasher to post if he plans to before I'll put my post about that. Layman's terms it's up to you if you want her in the group, I'll roll with it but Shi'ran will have his opinion given what's been explained. Again, he's a git. =P

ELR
02-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Rashiin Well, in the end he will get to meet up with Skimro who enjoys jetboards :D

sunnyside
02-03-2015, 12:38 AM
I shot Thrasher a PM. I've gotten responses before, so I'm hoping they're still active. I guess we can give 'em a couple days.

sunnyside
02-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Apologies by the way. Lately my family has been all sorts of sick (first one daughter, then as she's getting better the other gets it, then the wife a few days later) so I've been less attentive than I would usually be. :( They're getting better, but maybe don't expect too much out of me over Valentines day, as I'll be busy :wink:

On that note I hope you all either have a good Valentines day or a good "really cheap chocolate day" on the 15th!

Ranshiin
02-12-2015, 02:06 PM
OOC: Odd encounter, I didn't expect Ranshiin to do something quite like that, ah well, lets see how it plays for a bit.

I did tell you what you suggested was impossible. xD.

~Shobu~
02-12-2015, 03:21 PM
sunnyside I'm glad to hear that they're doing better. And no worries! You were being a good father and husband. Glad you're back though! ^_^

Clockwork Bird
02-12-2015, 03:41 PM
sunnyside I second what shobu says, I'm glad to see RL still takes first place for some people :))

ELR
02-12-2015, 08:10 PM
lol Perfectly fine, as they said, and as it has been said multiple times, if you didn't then I would be more concern about your sanity to real life people.

Black-Cat0001
02-13-2015, 07:36 PM
How pray tell did others miss Elisa's killing intent? I mean look at this post.
Elisa snarled as the heavy body pinned her down. Although she tried to calm herself the smirking arrogant face of the Wanderluster drove her insane. Her instincts took over, and in a moment she had escaped Juggetnaughts grip, turned into a full wolf and jumped for Phoenixes throat, teeth ready to sink in. Rage consumed her, destroying all traces of intellect.

Ranshiin
02-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Just because I read it doesn't mean that I saw it IC, furthermore it was rather provoked.

My character is very judgemental and distrusting and obviously he can't act on what he doesn't know. If he had magically known of this fight that he hadn't been anywhere near, it would have been a sign of me being a bad RPer. I'm not a bad RPer; Shi'ran doesn't know what happened, and doesn't trust your character. What other people think are their own things, not mine.

Black-Cat0001
02-13-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm not talking about your character but others acting like it never happened. Also in RL if something like this happened how do you think this would be viewed? How would the persons who were witnesses would act if they were there to do something such as a security guard for the school or officer? Wouldn't they be taken in for questioning or worse?

Ranshiin
02-13-2015, 08:05 PM
From what I've seen the people that saw the attack are dealing with it fairly well; it looked to me like they were unwilling to act on it or even in shock and trying not to think about it but who am I to judge. Perhaps they're used to frights like that, I don't know.

ELR
02-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Don't forget that war had been there for the longest time, especially for the Therians. Peace is something that this school is trying to restore.

Cross Avantgarde
02-15-2015, 07:07 PM
Black-Cat0001 : I do understand how your character has chosen to act in this situation, given their professional responsibility. I think that Jasper and Phoenix, however, given the fact that this was a peer, coupled with the reality that they are not burdened with the role of maintaining security, acted in a plausible way. Additionally, Phoenix even felt responsible for Elisa’s actions due to her taunt, though Jasper was unaware of it. Though I can’t speak for Shobu , I think Phoenix acted plausibly, just as I think your character did.

I do favor how things turned out for now, as this gives \Seraphim the latitude to choose where he would like Elisa to go, whether it be with a new party or not.

If you were planning something special with Juggernaut and would like Jasper to join in, just let me know or send a PM my way I will be happy to oblige.

Clockwork Bird
02-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Yeah, this situation played out very differently than I planned, but I think everyone reacted rightly in their own way. :)

I'll use my escape to do some world building around the campus and towers and let you guys steer the story before coming back because I steered it too long.

Ranshiin
02-15-2015, 08:08 PM
Well, at least it got sorted out.

I'm still hoping to do what sunnyside/ELR have been posting about about this out-of-school trip to an old city ruin. Not sure who would be interested in that, though Seraphim's expressed interest in tagging along. It looks like Thrasher's disappeared too, but since it's already been set up and it's something Shi'ran's interested in I'm going to go along with that regardless.

Also, yes, I know he's an ass. Makes him entertaining to read. Also I just find it easier to RP jerks ... well, mainly it's a lack of trust. He'll lighten up a little once people get to know him.

Tetsanosuke
02-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Too many tiny bare bones posts on my part. It's obvious I don't have the mojo for much else. Debating if I can continue.

Otherwise I have been following Shisoume's group and the GM posts, but not really reading into the other events.

x__x

Just an update. I'm still here.

ELR
02-21-2015, 10:53 AM
It is hard when the block wishes the writer not to expose the creativity in their brain. Have you tried meditating on it?

Tetsanosuke
02-21-2015, 11:08 AM
It is hard when the block wishes the writer not to expose the creativity in their brain. Have you tried meditating on it?

Meditation tells me I should let it rest. Not wanting to inconvenience the other players and Sunny keeps me going.

ELR
02-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Tetsanosuke
Here is a question, do you feel like you are inconveniencing others by putting little into what you write?

sunnyside
02-22-2015, 12:52 AM
Perhaps I need to get that group moving to the next part of the exercise. Though some conversation would be great.

FYI I'm not a snob about people putting up huge posts. I don't mind huge posts and oftentimes they're quite good. And I suppose I encourage trying to add a bit of extra detail. Perhaps a motion or thought or something noticed by a character in a post.

But short posts can work well too. Particularly in a conversational setting. In any case I always thing a short post is better than no post.

ELR
02-22-2015, 01:11 AM
xD What sunny said.. x_x Not good at coming right now with that. Mostly like to let you figure that out on your own with small nudges.

Tetsanosuke
02-22-2015, 09:06 PM
That is just it. I want to write detailed posts, it is my way in this activity. But if I can't do so naturally then it becomes a chore rather than an activity.

My inspiration and interest can wane. We'll see if I can carry on. I'm trying.

sunnyside
02-26-2015, 12:12 PM
That is just it. I want to write detailed posts, it is my way in this activity. But if I can't do so naturally then it becomes a chore rather than an activity.

My inspiration and interest can wane. We'll see if I can carry on. I'm trying.

Perhaps I should explain things from my side. So the point of that scene was to bring characters together in a relatively safe environment. I was hoping that would encourage experimentation and interaction. You might gel a bit as a group, and then things would move on from there. It hasn't quite panned out and so I think I'd want to move things on a bit. Maybe put you with other people.

Actually the timing for that is good. Perhaps I should try to wrap things up faster than planned to move your character to the Raanshin/ELR thing, if you'd be up for that.

ELR
02-26-2015, 12:29 PM
It would assist on both groups. Though it would be great to have those who disappeared back to assist with it but beggers can't be choosers.

It would be a better chance to expand your writing as you wanted, but also could make things interesting. Thrasher J has not responded back on if their character would go so with you and then sunny being the alternative person who had stopped Rashiins toon before. There would be 3 different cultures to assist with the exploration.

Maybe, if we don't leave asap, you could go into your characters mind, go into a memory. It would help with people learning more about him but also assist with making the post longer as you like.

Ranshiin
02-26-2015, 01:51 PM
I would have Shi'ran go by himself to Tierce but the headmistress/president-person said that a small group (and a supervisor) has to go in order to keep safe so ... as much as he wants to go by himself he can't.

I'm just waiting on sunnyside to find a few other people who might be interested in the exploration. I don't know anybody who's interested except for Seraphim, who expressed interest in joining with me a few weeks ago in PM. I don't know if they still want to go.

I have the rather interesting encounter with Cross and Shobu anyway so I have plenty to do until something can be sorted out. That isn't saying I don't want to do it any more but that there's not that much of a rush for the moment. :P

Clockwork Bird
03-09-2015, 04:46 PM
black-cat001

Hey man just letting you know I didnt get your characters species/sex wrong I did read the thing you sent me, it just completely escaped my mind when I was writing the post, Im sorry :)

Ranshiin
03-09-2015, 06:54 PM
black-cat001

Hey man just letting you know I didnt get your characters species/sex wrong I did read the thing you sent me, it just completely escaped my mind when I was writing the post, Im sorry :)
I actually found it pretty logical to assume it was a guy or a girl; it's not like everyone should automatically know everything about what that character is, so to me Elisé not knowing seemed pretty understandable. Shi'ran doesn't know, if that helps. xP

Black-Cat0001
03-10-2015, 02:10 PM
I said it in Posts And in My Sign Up Info about my character and how their viewed. If you go back in time and look. :) Besides most of the time chakat's are very friendly towards others unless provoked.

Ranshiin
03-11-2015, 08:26 AM
You have to bear in mind that there are always exceptions. Not everybody is going to know who/what they are, and Therians have a very hit-and-miss view in this world so, not everybody is going to like them, either.

Being known and liked by everybody being a species in a world that has contrasting views by other races is just metaplay.

ThatOneBelgianGuy
03-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Is there place for a newbie who's pretty new to the RPG genre :p

sunnyside
03-18-2015, 12:01 PM
Is there place for a newbie who's pretty new to the RPG genre :p

Absolutely! As I mention in the sign in thread I'm used to newbies here. A lot of them turn out great. And the reality of Anime Forum is that one needs to continually recruit in new players. So if the game keeps going than before long you won't be the new guy anymore.

ThatOneBelgianGuy
03-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Awesome I'll try and think of a character right away,
also you mentioned in the sign up that you don't need to read and know what's going on, is that true ooooor should I read it just in case? :p

sunnyside
03-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Awesome I'll try and think of a character right away,
also you mentioned in the sign up that you don't need to read and know what's going on, is that true ooooor should I read it just in case? :p

Nice :)

You are of course welcome to read the entirety of the sign in and game threads. However even through this game is young that's still over three hundred posts. I suppose someone could get through all that in one sitting, but more realistically I'd expect that to be an exessive barrier to jumping into the game.

ThatOneBelgianGuy
03-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Okido I'll just read about 50 posts so I can get a bit used to the setting :D
I'll try to get a character out tomorrow :D

Ranshiin
03-20-2015, 04:58 AM
I don't think much important has happened quite yet; so far it's mostly been people adjusting to the scene and arguing, heh. A few fights, a few bits of exploration. That's about it.

Besides, everybody's gotta start somewhere. I still remember my first RP posts ... I think of them and I cringe.

ThatOneBelgianGuy
03-20-2015, 07:35 AM
haha thanks, I hope I'll do good :D
and that's great, I already have an idea for my 'intro' :p
just waiting for approval of my character :D

sunnyside
03-20-2015, 01:09 PM
hah I already have an idea for my 'intro' :p

Oh, I was formulating ways to put your character into the story. If you have something in mind then go for it! :)

Cross Avantgarde
03-21-2015, 05:28 PM
ThatOneBelgianGuy: Glad to have you on board! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your character.

ThatOneBelgianGuy
03-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Thanks Avantgarde :D
I'm hoping to have a great time with you all :D

sunnyside
03-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Thanks Avantgarde :D
I'm hoping to have a great time with you all :D

Hurm. I'd thought to have something for you, but I'm not sure what to do with your snoozing character. Though some players maybe be going there, and I think a day might be about to pass.

I could also pester you with NPCs, which would be appropriate in your tower. There is also a chance one group of players is headed that way.

oooh, actually one thing that might work well is if you'd picked the wrong tower. That could redirect Black-cat0001 your way.

ThatOneBelgianGuy
03-29-2015, 06:43 AM
haha well I saw that the hoverboard group was about to either go to the infirmary or the tower of the wanderlust so I figured I would head there :)
I wouldn't mind Npc's and that would definetly be a good solution if I was in the wrong one XD
thanks for helping :D

sunnyside
03-31-2015, 01:00 PM
haha well I saw that the hoverboard group was about to either go to the infirmary or the tower of the wanderlust so I figured I would head there :)
I wouldn't mind Npc's and that would definetly be a good solution if I was in the wrong one XD
thanks for helping :D

That was a fair plan, however there's a notable lack of Shobu and some uncertainty how that would flow. I think I might go with the "wrong tower" angle. My lunch break is about up, but I'll try and put together a post advancing the different groups after work.

Ranshiin
03-31-2015, 01:19 PM
Says she was online yesterday though, maybe she just hasn't had time to post, dunno.

sunnyside
04-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Still swarmed with Easter...but at least it's a good sort of overwhelmed. :) I hope you had a good weekend too.

Also I'm thinking I might try and flesh out my posts with Shar a bit more. Usually I find my GM style to be a bit shorter because I don't like sharing NPCs thoughts. That's just a GM habit to keep metagaming complications away. However when Blackwaltz was doing this he had a longer style that seemed to attract Ranshiin and ELR who have such a style. So I was thinking I'd give that a try.

That will probably affect how frequently I can whip something off however.

Ranshiin
04-06-2015, 08:29 AM
I actually try not to go into Shi'ran's thoughts that often, because like you said it can get a little metagamey. Sometimes I do it anyway so that OOC people can see his train-of-thought, or to perhaps help better clarify something so something might make more sense/be easier to respond to, but IC if I see someone RP their thoughts I read it and understand why it might be, but since Shi'ran isn't a mind-reader he doesn't react to my own knowledge and thus I can't act on it.

I've actually had to physically point out on Skype a few times to people trying to RP their thoughts that Shi'ran, in fact, cannot read peoples' minds and they need to tell him what they're thinking about it they want him to react to it. I share that philosophy here; thoughts can be good insight, but unless they're physically spoken of by the character they are just nothing more than OOC insight that can't be acted upon.

I type long because ... I just type long. Even this was long. I can understand not everybody likes to type long though but that's just me. :P

ELR
04-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Just because something is typed out long does not always mean it is for those who are reading, sometimes it is a way for each individual to sort out their own thoughts before getting into their main action they wish to do. That and it gives the character more depth.

Which reminds me, thank you for letting me deal with Skyla's side of the 'story'.

If your person does go, Rashiin, you may hit it off with Skimro! Since it i the next day, basically, still early early EARLY, may need to really sort out who is going and who isnt since it sounded like it was left in your hands.

sunnyside
05-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Just a note on NPCs. I play them, and I tend to play them with goals. It occurs to me that this can make it feel like I have some "plot rails" that I want you to stay on. Usually this isn't the case. Also I generally want to keep the spotlight on the player characters and your interactions, especially with each other. So I'd rather not have an NPC in a group overshadow you. Although as with anyone I can get carried away sometimes :)

In terms of plots there are a number of plots going on, and some themes I'd like to explore in the game, FYI. And as with my other games I tend to envision a number of "endings" that players might drive things toward. Although this particular game is a bit more open ended in that regard than my previous two here. And of course relationships and your own character's situations may be as or more important to you than the bigger picture.

Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades
07-08-2015, 12:08 PM
hi sunnyside, im hoping I can join the game if it is still on?

ELR
07-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Hey Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades !! As far as I know it still is welcoming people, sunny will get to you as soon as possible. (dont take my word as absolute answer, Sunny the boss!)

sunnyside
07-09-2015, 12:24 PM
hi sunnyside, im hoping I can join the game if it is still on?

absolutely!

I even like your character (though the school is pretty new. She'd either have had to have gotten kicked out early or had been expelled from something else). But that's a detail. One that could potentially filled in later until we get to some spot where her backstory becomes important and we have to lock it down a little.

Really it's just that I've been insanely busy since the start of the summer. I've literally had some special event taking up my evenings every night for weeks (usually relating to my girls or me making up Karate class when a day finally opens up). So I've not been replying, recruiting, or doing rounds of points like I should or have in the past.

I've also found it trickier coming up with how to work your character into things as they're meant to be outside the tower. I tried to recruit a few people to form an outside group, but that didn't work out I'm afraid.

Feel free to pitch to me what you might like your character to do. Or we could solo RP out in the lands north of the school. But really I'd like to get your involved. I think I might have an idea or two now. I'll really try and get something interesting to you.

Anyway now I really should make the post to ELR as I've made them wait too long as it is.

FYI in a couple weeks I expect to regain some time. Though I'll go on vacation in august at which point I might vanish completely. But I'll communicate about that. Then things should get more back to normal.

Ranshiin
07-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Putting this in the OOC thread since this is what it's supposed to be for.

OOC: I suppose it's more your thing to decide on. If you want you could just establish conversations between people, or perhaps a default of Shar giving you a basic rundown on the places geography so you'd be able to somewhat orient yourselves.

As the trip went along, if you were looking down, you'd occasionally see the occasional flying airship in the distance or an airborne apparition, however the Cloudclipper is simply higher and faster than those and is small enough it doesn't seem to be noticed.

Near the end the ship will head down and land fairly gracefully in a dune about a quarter mile from a house that looks like it might have been around since the apocalypse war. At that point Shar will be staring the place down and the ball will be in ELRs court (finally! :) )

Well, I did imply in Shi'ran's last response that Shar was supposed to explain what Tierce was like and what they would expect there. Shi'ran did asked and you were going to reply and then got pulled away? And then you didn't explain the place, so that's why I brought it up. Shi'ran isn't a conversationalist so I was just making it clear that when it was appropriate (to you), you could just cut ahead to when they'd reach Tierce and I'd be okay with that, rather than drag the journey out unnecessarily like you commented on a few posts before.

I just wanted to clarify that.

Cross Avantgarde
07-15-2015, 08:56 PM
sunnyside; Ranshiin

I gave that a go just now. If it didn't work, feel free to let me know and I'll edit accordingly.

Ranshiin
07-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Cross Avantgarde Seems fine to me. o.o

And at sunnyside and ELR I'm typing a post out in Word to respond in the RP but I'm not gonna post it until Shobu does, since there was a conversation going on about Shi'ran's tail and I would rather she get to make a response back instead of just cutting away from it like that unless she deems it okay to do so.

ELR
07-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Rashiin Maybe you two could do like a back flash memory of the finished up conversation, or one of you. Could discuss through pms. Just a though, remember writing a short story where I had to do that. =x Also, why does it always make me edit your name? I type in Rashiin and then once on it goes to rash iin. x_x blah!

Ranshiin
07-16-2015, 09:17 AM
... My name's Ranshiin, not Rashiin. You keep missing the 'n'. >.>

That aside, I have the post typed out on my computer. But I still need to wait for Shobu. Even if I sorted it out through PM I'd still have to wait for a response to know what to do. :x

ELR
07-16-2015, 09:28 AM
Ranshiin x_x sorry! Very true. Was just a thought was all.

Ranshiin
07-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Not a problem.

I'm just trying to be nice and not deliberately ignore anybody in the RP, is all. :P

ELR
07-28-2015, 07:49 PM
*arms flap up and down* Cross Avantgarde !! lol i put ' ' to indicate his thoughts while I was using the " " his spoken words. x_x ELR baka, sorry..

Cross Avantgarde
07-28-2015, 08:21 PM
ELR: No, lol, it was clearly my mistake. You even used the verb "pondered" and I still missed it. Edited. Let me know if anything else needs to be polished up, and thanks again.

ELR
07-28-2015, 09:19 PM
*bow* Thank you, sorry.

Ranshiin
07-29-2015, 12:18 PM
I almost made the same mistake, admittedly. xP

I then read it two more times and realised it was supposed to be a thought as opposed to something vocal. I tend to put things in italics to convey thoughts because ' and " look quite similar at a glance. x.x

sunnyside
07-29-2015, 12:37 PM
I then read it two more times and realised it was supposed to be a thought as opposed to something vocal. I tend to put things in italics to convey thoughts because ' and " look quite similar at a glance. x.x

I'm a fan of being explicit (They said, they thought) with that sort of thing. I tend to assume speech as well.

ELR
07-29-2015, 02:12 PM
=x Don't ask me why I did it that way, unsure myself.

Suddenly Sam is a little girl, running through fields of the schoolgrounds above. Feeling wonderful, she runs in the warm sunlight while barefoot in the grass.

xD Sam cross dressed in a delusion ???

Scourgesdaughter
07-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Sliver walked up to the schools front door and slammed it open " IM Back!!" She yelled her gang behind her grinning evilly " mind if I have an few room mates ??" She asked the teacher behind the desk claws on it covered in blood

(Sorry I moved DX)

ELR
08-12-2015, 11:39 PM
I have to agree with you Ranshiin about moving things forward, may be good for ~Shobu~ and Cross Avantgarde plus sunnyside s thoughts on it too. If we do fastforward then can give details about the functions of device as in past tense on the thread or put it up here. Also, ~Shobu~ what color outfit would you think Fefe would enjoy most? ^-^

Ranshiin
08-13-2015, 07:08 AM
ELR I did mention with Shi'ran that Phoenix should already be wearing a dancers' outfit; Shar gave her one to wear before they all set off from the school. Or am I just misreading it all? o.o

ELR
08-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Ranshiin yes, you did, just thinking of future possibilities is all. =x did not misread, just never finished full thought on that on here.

sunnyside
08-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Black-Cat0001
ELR
Cross Avantgarde
Ranshiin
Clockwork Bird
~Shobu~
Light Buster
Tetsanosuke
Scourgesdaughter
ThatOneBelgianGuy
Luka Megurine
Blackwaltz
Thrasher J
Princess Lemon
Yuuchun
animereality

FYI I'm going on vacation abroad for a week and a half and may have great difficulty posting. So if possible avoid putting yourself in spots where you have to wait on me. I was hoping to get some stuff up today, but I might not pull off more than this.

~Shobu~
08-17-2015, 12:46 AM
OOC: Ranshiin ELR Sunnyisde Cross Avantgarde

I feel silly, but I never realized there was an OOC post until I got mentioned in it... I just usually check on my notifications haha.

By the way, thanks for your patience with me guys. For a while I was working everyday and now that I have time off, I'm dealing with house stuff. >.< I've been exhausted lately what with working out, work, the dogs, my fiance (because he needs attention too believe it or not haha), and cleaning so when I want to post, my brain doesn't function properly. @[email protected] I hope I haven't been holding you guys back too much!

ELR
08-17-2015, 01:12 AM
~Shobu~ no more than I have, Saturday afternoon to Sunday evening until I can start back up. Now working on job and teaching kids on Wednesday night, business will happen.

Scourgesdaughter
08-21-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm back

Ranshiin
08-28-2015, 08:40 AM
*Poke.*

I hope everyone isn't sat about waiting for me to answer or anything, are they? I just kinda ... didn't really know what to type so I just sat about doing nothing. :I

Though, if we're waiting for sunnyside to get back, then I vote we just assume the ship-thing takes off and goes to where it needs to go.

edit

Actually, on that note ELR Hanze never answered Shi'ran's question >.>

sunnyside
08-28-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm back now. I'll get into catch up mode and try to have something up later today or tomorrow.

ELR
08-28-2015, 01:57 PM
Ranshiin I was assuming the ship was already on the move there, only you really answered about just jumping there.

~Shobu~
09-16-2015, 12:14 AM
I'm so sorry I'm holding everyone up! My posts will be a little more simplistic, but I will try to post often. Was just adjusting to school.

Ranshiin
09-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Just letting you know I'm still around but I've been suffering from constant headaches/migraines as of the last week or so. I'll try and respond tonight or tomorrow.

Ranshiin
09-30-2015, 11:49 AM
ELR it seems that what I typed got misinterpreted.

Skimro did mention that he had a modern hoverboard, yes. When Shi'ran asked Skimro what he would deem an 'even trade' he was asking what Skimro would want in return for the hoverboard and gave suggestions - paying for it, doing some sort of work or helping him with something, giving him his old board, etc, etc. So you'll need to edit your post, I think. Sorry. :/

ELR
09-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Yea, major misinterpreted, no reason for you to apologizes, this is what i get for writing with minimal to no sleep. Thank you Ranshiin ^-^

sunnyside
10-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Congratulations on the new job ELR ! Good luck!

ELR
10-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks sunnyside now to settle my whole schedule so sleep is accepted too. Heee heee...

ELR
10-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Will respond as soon as I get my hands on a lappytop! Or computer! >.< work interfering with writing *sigh*

Ranshiin
10-20-2015, 08:01 AM
sunnyside I'm keeping this out of the RP thread because I don't have time yet to write a response but I wanted to answer what you said anyway.

But anyways, those reasons you gave are exactly why I write out so much stuff with Shi'ran. I like the detail because it helps other people to envision him as a real person - immersion, I guess? - and understand what he's doing and why so there isn't any confusion. And IMO, that post you made was spot-on, I read it through a few times and I can't wait to get time to write the response to that. .__.

sunnyside
10-21-2015, 12:57 PM
But anyways, those reasons you gave are exactly why I write out so much stuff with Shi'ran. I like the detail because it helps other people to envision him as a real person - immersion, I guess? - and understand what he's doing and why so there isn't any confusion. And IMO, that post you made was spot-on, I read it through a few times and I can't wait to get time to write the response to that. .__.

I can see the appeal, and I do find it helps players not only be clear, but it also I think the exercise itself tends to make people develop their characters better.

That said, my post with Voth was lacking his internal monolog. But if you liked it I might stick with that style. At least with him. But I'll think about it.

Though in any case I'm still largely leaving things to ELR at the moment.

sunnyside
11-30-2015, 01:11 PM
ELR Ranshiin ~Shobu~ Cross Avantgarde

So I guess ELR is getting swamped during the holiday season. I could swoop in and start running things, but she's really put a lot into things and we're all moving at a slow pace. Want to just wait until the new year? I suppose people could talk to each other over communicators.

Ranshiin
11-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I actually have a post typed out in response to stuff but I've been holding it off waiting for Cross and Shobu to post. I dunno what's going on but if people need to wait then we wait. *shrug*

sunnyside
12-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Well, so long as we don't go way beyond where the others are I'd say we can post. Especially if you already have something.

Cross Avantgarde
12-12-2015, 07:36 AM
As for my part, the next two weeks will be packed, but not like the previous two. My weekends will be much more open, so I think it only gets easier from here for a few months. Thank you all for being diligent and patient.

sunnyside
12-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Happy Holidays everybody! I think we have a diverse crowd on the forum, but increasingly it seems everybody celebrates something about now.

I, like ELR, should have much more time after the season and so I expect to make some posts advancing/unsticking groups at that time.

Ranshiin
01-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Any ETA on where everyone is and when this is going to start back up? I'm kinda getting bored of not being able to post. :/

~Shobu~
01-03-2016, 02:12 AM
Hey, everyone! I'm so sorry for not posting for so long. My charger died on me and I had no funds to get a new one, plus it's been stupid hectic. I haven't had a chance to check the RPG thread and I know I don't have a right to just jump back in but I want to if you guys will allow it!

Happy Holidays everyone! I've missed you guys ToT

sunnyside
01-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Any ETA on where everyone is and when this is going to start back up? I'm kinda getting bored of not being able to post. :/

I think today the last of the inlaws is finally leaving my house. So sanity may finally return to my life. Though there's some recovery and catching up to be done. Expect something by Wednesday if not today or tomorrow.

Hey, everyone! I'm so sorry for not posting for so long. My charger died on me and I had no funds to get a new one, plus it's been stupid hectic. I haven't had a chance to check the RPG thread and I know I don't have a right to just jump back in but I want to if you guys will allow it!

Happy Holidays everyone! I've missed you guys ToT

You don't even need to be stressed. Though you get stressed in a very cute way. :P

You haven't missed much of anything because, as noted above, ELR and I at the least got crushed by the holiday season.

~Shobu~
01-08-2016, 11:03 PM
sunnyside Gosh, you're always so nice sunny. XD I hope the holidays were fun for everyone! I'm gonna go take a look at the rp and see if I can wiggle back in. Thanks for your benevolence sunny!

Ranshiin
01-09-2016, 09:48 AM
sunnyside Gosh, you're always so nice sunny. XD I hope the holidays were fun for everyone! I'm gonna go take a look at the rp and see if I can wiggle back in. Thanks for your benevolence sunny!

I don't think you need to 'wiggle' back in at all. Not much has happened since you last posted, so just continue on like nothing's happened, that's what I do. We're not robots; we have lives (well, everyone else does) xP. It's okay to not post for a few days sometimes.

ELR
01-09-2016, 12:16 PM
sunnyside ...erm... crushed may have been the perfect term.. Sickness, people, overload of work, too many discussions (putting that as light as i can), and so on so forth. I will reply Wednesday, break is almost over. (and I have not forgot anything, just...crushed...swamped...ect...)

Yuuzuki
01-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Yo guys I'm just new to this rp and I was wondering if someone wants to help me in the rp my character (Dodar) is at the middle of the campus now. please be patient with me

Black-Cat0001
02-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Ok Yuuzuki I'll help you out once my character is done with the gang here. ^^

sunnyside
03-06-2016, 04:02 PM
By the way, my wife turns out to not have cancer, so at least I'm not dealing with that :)

Ranshiin
03-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Yay no cancer.

sunnyside I'm going to try and wait to reply, let other people post. I don't want to look like I'm hogging the RP thread. >.>

Cross Avantgarde
03-19-2016, 08:42 AM
sunnyside: That is great to hear! Very glad to hear the good news.

sunnyside
03-21-2016, 01:06 PM
Yay no cancer.

I'm going to try and wait to reply, let other people post. I don't want to look like I'm hogging the RP thread. >.>

Thanks, and I can appreciate not wanting to post too much. However you aren't advancing through events, you're having a dialogue, and those can take a relatively long time to post through, so there's something to be said for trying to get through it before the others decide to move on and you're the one whose behind.

sunnyside
03-28-2016, 12:10 PM
~Shobu~ Ranshiin Cross Avantgarde ELR

Ok, so I'm starting to get worried about ELR. I'm not sure if we're ready to move on without her, but we might want to discuss how we might do so. For the most part, we could simply advance by letting her NPCs fade a bit into the background. However Skyla is set up such that she would require more care. Perhaps being taken over by Cross or Shobu for a time? Or I suppose she could also just get quite until ELR returns.

Another option is to have some time with conversation away from ELRs NPCs. Cross and Shobu are close to each other and ought to be able to find some excuse to duck away for a moment. Ranshiin's with me, and I'm rather enjoying where that's going.

Thoughts?

~Shobu~
03-28-2016, 09:12 PM
sunnyside Ranshiin Cross Avantgarde ELR

I'm so glad to hear that it hasn't taken a turn for with the worst with your wife, Sunny! ^_^

As for the RP, I'm a little concerned about ELR as well. I hope she's alright and not too stressed or anything. Either way, I'm okay with whatever. She's more than creative enough to slip herself back in wherever. I've just been waiting on her to post that's why I haven't made any so I'm down with slipping away.

ELR
03-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Ranshiin Cross Avantgarde ~Shobu~ sunnyside my apologizes for all the delays. Very glad your wife is cancer free! My mother is up and down, issues getting on the net for reasonable periods of time to write, the church put me in charge of welcome team, and just found out I am pregnant. I am going to write up what I can this evening and try harder to get on to keep up. As I said before, if I am absent for too long then go on ahead, you know what I know and Skyla could end up heading to the bathroom and have technical difficulty with the communication device so gives time for whatever you want to do and then when I get back can try to 'find' the rest. Or just have her close herself off and follow closely behind Jasper.

sunnyside
03-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Ranshiin Cross Avantgarde ~Shobu~ sunnyside my apologizes for all the delays. Very glad your wife is cancer free! My mother is up and down, issues getting on the net for reasonable periods of time to write, the church put me in charge of welcome team, and just found out I am pregnant. I am going to write up what I can this evening and try harder to get on to keep up. As I said before, if I am absent for too long then go on ahead, you know what I know and Skyla could end up heading to the bathroom and have technical difficulty with the communication device so gives time for whatever you want to do and then when I get back can try to 'find' the rest. Or just have her close herself off and follow closely behind Jasper.

Hey welcome back! And congratulations! Although I hope your mother comes out OK.

FYI My wife and I had our first kid at about your age. That's actually a fair chunk of why I do play by post games instead of some other form of RP. It just works better with the dad life.

ELR
03-28-2016, 11:12 PM
sunnyside Thanks though it is a very complicated situation and persecution seems to go around when you are not married. Really? Hmm, well seems to be a okay age for children but helps when one is prepared for it instead of surprised by it.

~Shobu~
03-29-2016, 10:08 PM
ELR

Holy crap dude... I'm sorry to hear that. Congrats on your baby! I hope your mother gets better! You're obviously going through a lot right now so I think I speak for everyone when I say you should take your time and deal with your priorities. There's no point in stressing yourself out over finding time to post when you've got so much to deal with i already. If you need to someone to talk to or even just vent to, just PM me. I wish you the best love!

Cross Avantgarde
03-30-2016, 07:57 AM
ELR

I hope to hear good news on your mother soon, and I'm sorry for the trouble she's been having. Please take care of yourself; as has been said before, that is most important. Prayers for your mother, for you, and for your baby's health as well. I know it's a surprise and sounds difficult. I have family members that have gone through the same thing, and to summarize, don't worry. Very good to hear from you again.

sunnyside
04-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Sorry for the lag. It was crunch time at work, so I haven't been posting during my lunch break and I'd been working at home when I had time.

ELR
04-11-2016, 12:03 PM
sunnyside Nah, was coming up with an idea if it used to be living and not just complete spirit realm type mentor.
As for Sam, he is near others, no contact back from a few I had poked in pm asking if they were still around and wanting interaction. Went to only group I could see with interaction available right now, mostly just observing, so to speak.

Black-Cat0001
04-13-2016, 02:23 AM
Just waiting.

sunnyside
04-14-2016, 01:04 PM
sunnyside Nah, was coming up with an idea if it used to be living and not just complete spirit realm type mentor.
As for Sam, he is near others, no contact back from a few I had poked in pm asking if they were still around and wanting interaction. Went to only group I could see with interaction available right now, mostly just observing, so to speak.

Well, if you don't get a response from your PMs, you could have Sam head to the Netherkin tower as I believe he'd planned to, we could solo for a bit which could set up a situation I could add new players to.

Just waiting.

While in principle the others could jump in with something, you might do well giving them a bit more to work with, or maybe try to move them somewhere.

Ranshiin
07-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Is anybody still around even playing this? I haven't seen any updates in forever (not that I'm not guilty I just got a bit busy >.>)

sunnyside
07-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Is anybody still around even playing this? I haven't seen any updates in forever (not that I'm not guilty I just got a bit busy >.>)

I'm still here, and ELR is going through a lot but they just sent me a PM.

I should probably do a round of PMs/emails. But it might be that the best thing might be to solo for a bit. We could shift the plot to accommodate that. Once in a more accommodating place I could give another go at recruiting, though perhaps we could just opt to make this a shorter RP and cut to some of the endgame bits.

Cross Avantgarde
07-08-2016, 09:24 AM
I let too much time go by before checking in for new posts. I'll check in more frequently; hope you all are doing well.

~Shobu~
07-17-2016, 02:59 PM
I feel awful guys. I will be sporadic in posts, but I hope you aren't too annoyed with it. I'll not let months go by this time between posts. Real life has just been too hectic. Hope everyone is doing well!

sunnyside
07-18-2016, 01:01 PM
ELR Ranshiin Cross Avantgarde ~Shobu~

I think we're all feeling pretty swarmed, but I note that we've had the whole away group checking in. So perhaps this part of the game at least could play out. Of course I'd hope things "catch on" and speed up, but I'm here for a slower pace as well.

sunnyside
07-27-2016, 12:47 AM

I'm hurridly packing for my vacation. I may not have much internet access for a little over a week.

sunnyside
08-12-2016, 12:42 PM

And I'm back (and things have settled down enough to get back to things like this. Any of you still around?

Cross Avantgarde
08-14-2016, 03:31 PM
sunnyside Still here, and I hope you had a great vacation!

Ranshiin
08-14-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm around. Kind of.

ELR
09-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Sorry, life has been overload.. Will have something up before the end of the day.

~Shobu~
10-01-2016, 12:41 AM
Hey guys, I'm so sorry, but I think I'm just going to have to withdraw from the RP officially. I don't want to hold people back and my school + life is requiring a lot of my attention. I kept thinking I'd have time but I can't seem to squeeze this in even when I'm relaxing. I hope I didn't hold you guys up too bad. I'm just not good at balancing so many things. Thank you for for being an awesome group of people and being patient with me. I really did have a lot of fun! I'd love to keep in contact with everyone! If you have a facebook you are more than welcome to add me! https://www.facebook.com/tammy.ung.7

Just make sure I know who you are through a private message on Facebook. Love you guys! :3

sunnyside
10-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm so sorry, but I think I'm just going to have to withdraw from the RP officially. I don't want to hold people back and my school + life is requiring a lot of my attention. I kept thinking I'd have time but I can't seem to squeeze this in even when I'm relaxing. I hope I didn't hold you guys up too bad. I'm just not good at balancing so many things. Thank you for for being an awesome group of people and being patient with me. I really did have a lot of fun! I'd love to keep in contact with everyone! If you have a facebook you are more than welcome to add me! https://www.facebook.com/tammy.ung.7

Just make sure I know who you are through a private message on Facebook. Love you guys! :3

Huh. Friending you seems weird for a forum but it's very tempting. Did you get married recently? Congratulations.

I myself haven't been around as often as I'd like, and haven't been sure how to respond. But I certainly don't want to just leave someone hanging. What are other people thinking? ELR Ranshiin Black-Cat0001 Player turnover has always been a part of gaming on Anime Forum. But having tons of new members was the other part that made it work. My games that ran their full length to completion ultimately had quite a few players. That new base just isn't here. And I don't know if a small cell or one-on-one type play is really for you guys. Also with a smaller set, mixing players together to get the right chemistry is harder too.

Ranshiin
10-19-2016, 06:51 AM
... Yeah.

To be honest? I don't feel this is working any more. I mean, it's up to you in the end but there's only what? Three, four people left now? That's really not enough, plus I've kinda ... well, been struggling to have focus to do anything. I kinda want to see this through but I don't see myself managing it.

If you think it's best to just call it quits, that's fine.

Cross Avantgarde
10-23-2016, 08:09 PM
I know choices are limited but whatever choice is made, I'll be glad to participate. Activity has ebbed even lower this year, and I was hoping for a rebound after last year's lull (to say nothing of the other lulls of past years).

~Shobu~ We'll miss you, and hope you are doing well!

kaufen
02-09-2017, 05:37 AM

comprar
05-17-2017, 07:19 AM

SwoopFather
10-29-2017, 07:40 AM
Hello new to the site!!

comprar
12-11-2017, 09:25 AM