PDA

View Full Version : Most Influential Artist?

Himura Enishi
08-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Alright, past, present, who do YOU feel has been the most influential musical artist and why. I personally think it was Tupac Shakur. Tupac was one of the first rappers to really write about the truths of the streets. He was the kind of person raised in the 'thug' belief and wanted to reveal what hard life really was like. He was also one of the big rappers (along with B.I.G) to really make rap popular to listen to, because of his lyrics and his beats. His death only proved to show what an impact he had really made, with millions mourning and even more wondering what he had left behind. When the post-Tupac albums came out, I remember what a rush it was to get one, I had to wait 4 days just to get the resurrection CD. Finally, he was and is respected by rappers, no matter how big they've become. In an interview with Eminem, one of raps biggest artists, he said he was humbled when someone had asked him to finish just one of Tupac's unfinished songs. Thats why I think Tupac is the best

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Kurt Cobain. He personally revived interest in Punk and Garage, and brought Grunge to the Masses. The existing underground bands bastardized the sound of Grunge (in a good way) into Alternative, and Alternative mixed well with nearly every existing genre imaginable. The rest they say is history.

Like Elvis, and the Beatles before him, Nirvana is directly responsible for everything on rock radio today. Everyone from The White Stripes to Linkin Park owe him allegiance.

E Nasty
08-13-2004, 09:20 PM
Trent Reznor

dragoninja
08-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Manhatten_Project_2000@Aug 11 2004, 10:09 PM
Kurt Cobain. He personally revived interest in Punk and Garage, and brought Grunge to the Masses. The existing underground bands bastardized the sound of Grunge (in a good way)  into Alternative, and Alternative mixed well with nearly every existing genre imaginable. The rest they say is history.

Like Elvis, and the Beatles before him, Nirvana is directly responsible for everything on rock radio today. Everyone from The White Stripes to Linkin Park owe him allegiance.
very well said :)

"This is the world Kurt built for himself, when the real world was not enough. Listen again if you think you know it; listen loud if you dont know it yet." - David Fricke

3n1
08-22-2004, 11:04 PM
Howlin' Petey from the Hives (because he's......Swedish :unsure: )

Shred'nGuitarman101
08-27-2004, 12:22 PM
dude EDDIE VAN HALEN!!!!!!! he inspired me to play guitar!!!!!!!!!!! thats why i shred'n style

Zedekiah
08-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Everyone will speak up for their own favorite artist and say s/he is the most influential artist. Kind of pointless.

Gjallarhorn
08-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Kurt Cobain.....no explanation needed.....

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Nokizaru@Aug 27 2004, 01:28 PM
Everyone will speak up for their own favorite artist and say s/he is the most influential artist. Kind of pointless.
Well that depends on the posters really... Tupac, Kurt, and Van Halen are all pretty Influential. I wouldn’t say Trent Reznor is all that influential (no matter how much I like him), he only spawned a few bands (Orgy, Korn, Marilyn Manson), and they're all but dead. And the person who mentioned the guy from The Hives was being stupid, probably on purpose.