PDA

View Full Version : [Dreamworks] How to Train Your Dragon 2

DeathBlade/13.666
06-22-2014, 12:11 AM
Just saw it in theatres today, absolutely loved it. I'm glad they showed progression of the characters even past the TV Show, and that they didn't just stick with a "Meeting Mom"/"Finding lost parent" thing for the entire movie. Over all; well done DreamWorks.

What do you think?

Albear
06-22-2014, 12:49 AM
Imma watch it with mah sis either tomorrow or Tuesday. Don't know yet. I'll post my thoughts about the movie after I see it.

Nodoka LaMei
06-22-2014, 12:56 AM
Ooh, I saw that movie while I was in Wisconsin! The saddest part was when Hiccup's dad died because Toothless unknowingly attacked him. Well, Toothless tried to attack Hiccup, but his dad got in the way.

Albear
06-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Ok, so now that I've seen it, I'll give it a 9/10. Awesome movie.
And it's the second animated movie I've seen in theaters that takes place in Scandinavian areas, fiction or not. Lol.
Hiccup and Toothless are still their old selves. But after that FEELS trip near the end of the movie, Hiccup's character development took a turn for the better. I enjoyed this movie.. Toothless FTW!

SuXrys
06-26-2014, 06:13 AM
Ooh, I saw that movie while I was in Wisconsin! The saddest part was when Hiccup's dad died because Toothless unknowingly attacked him. Well, Toothless tried to attack Hiccup, but his dad got in the way.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCh1Ebw71sn8UPkUDju2YrqcRQgshKv nAkQdi23lM_I3S5tSpW

Why did I click on the spoiler tag even if I know what it means... dammit.

Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but I want to see it! I have a soft spot for movies where you liked the first one and then you get to see them getting older in the next one. :')

DeathBlade/13.666
06-26-2014, 10:08 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCh1Ebw71sn8UPkUDju2YrqcRQgshKv nAkQdi23lM_I3S5tSpW

Why did I click on the spoiler tag even if I know what it means... dammit.

Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but I want to see it! I have a soft spot for movies where you liked the first one and then you get to see them getting older in the next one. :')Soft spot or no soft spot, you'll enjoy this sequel.

SuXrys
06-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Soft spot or no soft spot, you'll enjoy this sequel.

Oh goodie :D

Clayton_n
06-26-2014, 04:42 PM
I loved hwo they did the whole emotional blackmail thing.

Clayton_n
06-17-2019, 04:00 PM
How to Train your dragon 3 was... not good.

Tycke
06-18-2019, 12:09 AM
I feel like HttyD3 was a quick attempt to "wrap up" the series. I think the only goals of the movie were to cement that Hiccup and Astrid get together and have kids, and that Toothless also finds a mate and procreates as well. In that sense, I supposed it definitely succeeded - it wasn't a good movie but it certainly wasn't terrible either, I was mildly amused almost the whole time, as was my husband - but that also said it certainly didn't live up to the first two movies. The others had a sense of eye-opening awe (the first movie showing dragons are not just mindless beasts, the second showing that people before Hiccup thought the same way) but the 3rd one seemed contained in comparison.

Clayton_n
06-19-2019, 04:51 PM
Why wrap it up though?

Also I doubt whoever wrote it watched the TV and Netflix series. How would you even get a Speed Stinger down there? Though I'm sure the Death Songs would love this "trap them all in a cave" plan. Though how long you'd keep them all down there is you included Whispering Deaths is a question. And where was the Bewilderbeast? Not to mention Dagur, Mala, the Wing maidens, and Alvin. Didn't Hiccup's mom have plans to travel the world and learn about new dragons and didn't Hiccup end movie 2 with a huge speech about how they would fight back with their dragons?

many plot holes. Not to mention the trite way they just made Toothless's girlfriend his exact opposite, even though Hiccups mom has clearly met night Furies before. Oh and suddenly after "the unholy offspring of darkness and lightning" "nobody has ever seen one and lived" suddenly there's a guy out there who has been killing off Night Furies for years?!? And nobody ever heard of him before? The Berkian's were all dragon hunters until the first movie... for like hundreds of years.

And I'm sure the hunters just went home after like, what, five days without dragons, instead of say hunting down the people of Berk and torturing/killing them, and completely forgot they ever existed in less than ten years?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zl0G4jcgLBE/VY3QkxxjG8I/AAAAAAAADjs/8_sVVdBpsVM/s1600/razorwhip-heather.jpg

All this and more is why as far as I am concerned, the series ends at movie 2.