PDA

View Full Version : Yoko's Top Anime Spring 2014

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Hey AnimeGlobe! Its been a fun ten weeks so far with witnessing some of the Spring 2014 really break out of the mold and impress me, while some of the Spring 2014 anime really choked more than halfway through their lifespan and/or just fell apart. Which anime broke the mold? Find out now!

Five: Is the order a rabbit: Coming in an number five is the currently airing moe anime this season. While this anime by a long shot is nowhere near the strongest moeblob anime I've seen to date and is nowhere near perfect, it is still clinging onto the fifth spot by a very small margin. For people who aren't fans of moeblob anime and love to come in and say there is no story and it must be bad really do confuse me. Anime is a form of entertainment. There is no written rule a good anime needs a strong story.

(Summary from crunchyroll):

Kokoa arrives in a new town in spring to start high school. She gets lost and pops into a coffee shop called "Rabbit House", which turns out to be where she will live. All the characters are so cute - tiny but cool Chino, soldierly Lize, gentle and Japanese Chiyo, sophisticated but down-to-earth Sharo. They are joined by Chino's class mates Maya and Megu, and a regular at the shop, Mr. Blue-Mountain Aoyama. Everything is so cute every day at Rabbit House!

Four: Brynhildr: Coming in at number four is the slightly peculiar anime made by the same team that created the legendary Elfen Lied. I must say I am actually rather impressed with this anime so far because I do feel like has broken the mold to some extent. While I don't think its anywhere near a masterpiece because it does have some flaws (weak dialogue at times), but it is still a fun experience and any anime fan should at least give this one a go before its run ends. I easily support this one for the time being.

When he was a child, Murakami was infatuated with a girl he called Kuroneko. She insisted on knowing about aliens and having met them, but no one believed her, even young Murakami was skeptical. One day, she decides to show him the aliens, but an accident occurs and Kuroneko dies while Murakami is left seriously wounded in the hospital. Years go by and Murakami obsesses on finding proof of the existence of aliens because of a promise he had made with Kuroneko. Then, one day, a new transfer student comes to his class, who not only looks a lot like Kuroneko, but is named Kurohaneko...

Three: One Week Friends: I considered this anime a titan of slice of life for the first six or so weeks, but lately this has been slightly dropping on my favorite list for the season due to it constantly taking the plot in circles and seemingly could very well crash and burn towards the end under its on weight. Don't get me wrong! I really enjoy this anime and adore it! Though, only being third on my favorite list of the season? You know something is going wrong.

Yuki Hase, a high school boy, is concerned about a girl of his classmate, Kaori Fujimiya. She always stays alone and never tries to become close friends with anyone. Given half a chance one day, it seems that Yuki and Kaori become to have a good relationship that they begin to eat lunch together. Although they enjoy having conversations, Kaori, strangely enough, keeps denying their friendship. On that Friday, she confesses, “I have memory disorder. My memories disappear within one week...."

Two: Coffin Princess: Ranked second? Much gratitude. Coffin Princess. Man, why is this anime so underated? I understand it not being your favorite of the season, but so many people I know dropped it twelve minutes in or didn't even give it a chance and call it garbage. Lol, calling an anime garbage before watching it. Completely, stupid. Watch this one Globe supporters! It really is a fun train ride and is much like oldtime adventure anime from the past. If you haven't watched Coffin Princess this season then you've missed out.

The year is 1604. On the continent of Verbist, an age of war lasting for three generations finally ended with the fall of the northern nation, the Gaz Empire. In addition to legitimate knights and soldiers, the militant forces sent to battle included wizards, saboteurs, and mercenaries, totaling 620,000. What's more, three airborne strongholds and massive numbers of magical weapons plus beast and dragon cavalries were added to the ranks, ending in the annihilation of the Gaz Empire, which had been deemed "the root of all evil."

One: Love Live School Idol Project Second Season: Damn dude. Season one was pretty good, but this second season has raised the bar at least twenty fold. I've grown so fond of the anime and the pairings that I couldn't resist putting this in my top five of all time. It is easily, the best idol anime I've seen and keeps me entertained every episode. If you aren't a fan of idol anime then this may not be for you, but either way. GIVE IT A SHOT! For Niko!

“Otonokizaka High School is planning to close within three years. However, nine female students come together with one thing in mind—form a pop idol group to revive the school’s popularity and keep it from shutting down. ‘In order to protect our beloved school, there’s only one thing we can do...become pop stars!’