PDA

View Full Version : ~~Summer Wars~~

Blackwaltz
06-01-2014, 10:36 PM
I just finished re-watching this movie for, I believe, the fifth time and I still absolutely love it. Mamoru Hosoda is such a wonderful director and I'm so happy he is around to bring movies like this one and Wolf Children and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time to us as viewers. So pretty much I just want to ask; How did all of you enjoy this movie? Did you not enjoy it? How long do you think it'll be before we, as the human race, make the mistake to entangle just about everything into a web/OS based infrastructure like in the movie? Discuss my fellow fans. Discuss!

KageNoNeko
06-02-2014, 11:23 AM
This movie was such a good one and has good points about why we shouldn't rely on technology. Too many things could go wrong if we are all interconnected.

Mystelinth
06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Was planning to watch it this week, since everyone seems so hyped about it. Perhaps tonight.

KyouFalls
06-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Saw this when it premiered on Toonami a few months back, Absolutely loved it.

Jasanime
06-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I liked Summer Wars, and I also loved Wolf Children and the Girl who Leapt Through Time. Have you seen Oblivion Island or Garden of Words? I recommend both, especially the latter, it was wonderful!

Blackwaltz
06-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Seeing all of this praise for Summer Wars makes me happy! I'm glad people didn't see it and think it was overrated or boring. Jasanime, I do still need to see Garden of Words! It's done by the same director of 5cm per Second so yeah, it's a much watch for me when I get the opportunity.

Mystelinth
06-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Garden is a sweet tale, not really impressive on the story part but the visuals. Dayum.

Also, i finished Summer Wars. That was a pretty good movie.

Blackwaltz
06-10-2014, 09:01 PM
So glad you liked it Mystelinth. I'm very excited to see him work on a new project soon. IMDB has no news on that front thouugh.

Yung A$$eroya
06-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Been planning to see it for a while now, I mean it has the word "summer" in it. I love summer

Mystelinth
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Either way i liked the concept, how it shoulded how relient we're actually are on todays everyday technology. And how bad things can get when people mess with it.