PDA

View Full Version : Create an Anime Globe Slogan Contest (Prize: 30 Dollar Amazon Code)

Anime Forum
05-24-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi AF! Its the end of May so I decided to come up with a quick and easy contest revolving around Anime Globe with a prize worth the simple work. Anime Globe is in major need of an official slogan and what better way to find one than asking the Anime Forum users themselves?

Who can participate: Anyone except Anime Globe moderators (Kaitou+ and Myself) can participate. Heck, the AF admins can even participate.

When does this contest begin: Once this thread is posted, consider the contest started!

When does this contest end: June 24th 2014.

How long does this slogan need to be: No fewer than three words, but no longer than twelve words.

Where do I post the slogan for this contest: On this thread! Avoid messaging me the slogan. I'd rather look through all the entered slogans with ease on this thread itself.

Can I change my slogan once its posted: No. Editing posts aren't allowed so make sure you use proper grammar and spell everything right. Double-Check if you need to! Its easy!

When will I receive my prize: June 25th.

What is the prize: 30 dollar amazon card code.

The slogan "may" be put up on Anime Globe sometime after the winner is announced. I just need to look into it with Ace. Please keep all posted slogans swear free. Good luck and start posting!

DeathBlade/13.666
05-24-2014, 09:08 PM
Today the Anime Universe, Tomorrow the World!

Anime Forum
05-30-2014, 03:04 PM
25 days left guys. You still have PLENTY of time. Keep on posting those slogans.

Yung A$$eroya
05-30-2014, 04:49 PM
(Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens!)

Where people with common interests gather!

ZombieWolf2508
05-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Anime Globe: Where Otakus are born.

Ωmega
05-30-2014, 06:37 PM
AG- Your animation domination information hub

Syaoran
05-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Anime Globe - Only a hop away from the top trends and friends.

Hanamaru Kunikida
05-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Great stuff guys, keep them coming!

Qoco
05-31-2014, 12:05 AM
Anime Globe. I can associate a lot of words with that name. Anime is a style of Japanese film and television animation. Globe can refer to the planet Earth, a planet "X" dedicated to anime, a world of anime or a rounded/spherical object. Judging by the planetary rings on the words "Anime" and "Globe", I take it that it refers to planets and the universe. It reminds me of astronomy, but more than that science and technology. Science relates to study and knowledge. So, Anime Globe is like the planet to visit for all things anime because of the dedicated study and knowledge about the said things. Anime scientists are the inhabitants of Anime Globe.

Going back to what I said about astronomy, planets, etc. there is also curiosity and mystery in here. A sense of adventure. People always wonder about the existence of aliens, life on other planets, the existence of our planet and our own selves. At the moment, all we have to hold ourselves to are theories because of the lack of concrete evidence.

I'm doubting if I should use the word "discover" in the slogan because when you discover you find something unexpected; the results come in by surprise. When someone goes to Anime Globe, they're to expect something related to Anime. I would rather go with "Explore", because to explore means to:

travel in or through (an unfamiliar country or area) in order to learn about or familiarize oneself with it.

So, they would "explore" Anime Globe seeking for Anime news because they want to learn about the things they're interested in. It becomes personal. Hm... Going back to "discover", the content of the news are unexpected, not the news themselves because everyone knows that every day there are new news. So I guess I can use "discover" if blended in well with another concept.

To keep this short, I think I'm gonna go with:

Anime Globe - Explore our Globe and Discover the Anime

Seven words. I chose to go with "Explore our Globe " because the explorers already know that Anime Globe exists since before they explored. If they typed it in the URL or clicked a link in Google, most likely they knew that it would take them to something related to Anime by the name. "Our" specifically because it gives a sense of invitation. It seems as if there is a reward by exploring this planet, and that reward is knowledge.

I went with "and Discover the Anime" because what is discovered is the content of the news stories, which is related to anime. The explorers discover new and unexpected things about anime since as mentioned before everyone expects news, but not the content of them.

I repeat, my slogan is :

Anime Forum
05-31-2014, 12:07 AM
Keep them coming guys. Your effort goes a long way in supporting AG.

Major.Tom
05-31-2014, 09:21 AM
AG- Otakus everywhere, let's explore the Anime Universe together as one!

Nanobyte
05-31-2014, 10:52 AM
As a media student, I suggest keeping it fresh, simple, to the point and catchy.
A descriptive slogan is a no-no

Here's a few suggestions:
Anime Globe - All according to keikaku
Anime Globe - Believe it!
Anime Globe - It's all you need
My personal favourite:
Anime Globe - Step up your anime

Mystelinth
05-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Anime Globe - When you thought you knew everything about anime.

I.. I don't even know if that is correctly in a grammartical way.

Ah, well.

Anime Forum
05-31-2014, 02:40 PM
As a media student, I suggest keeping it fresh, simple, to the point and catchy.
A descriptive slogan is a no-no

Here's a few suggestions:
Anime Globe - All according to keikaku
Anime Globe - Believe it!
Anime Globe - It's all you need
My personal favourite:
Anime Globe - Step up your anime

Are you going with your personal favorite on this one?

DeathBlade/13.666
06-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Are we only limited to one entry?

Anime Forum
06-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Are we only limited to one entry?

Yes, only one.

DeathBlade/13.666
06-02-2014, 11:09 AM
'K. Then. Changing my entry to

Anime Globe - From our world to your's.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-02-2014, 02:24 PM
'K. Then. Changing my entry to

Anime Globe - From our world to your's.

I think this applies:

Can I change my slogan once its posted: No. Editing posts aren't allowed so make sure you use proper grammar and spell everything right. Double-Check if you need to! Its easy!

^^^

DeathBlade/13.666
06-03-2014, 12:59 AM
I think this applies:

^^^
Oh, thanks. I did not see that earlier. Well then...

Anime Forum
06-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Oh, thanks. I did not see that earlier. Well then...

Yeah, changing / editing slogans isn't allowed this time around!

Jozette
06-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Anime globe anime for the world~

Ominous Flare
06-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Anime Globe - Uniting Otakus Across the World

Zainox
06-05-2014, 06:04 AM
Anime Globe - Mapping out information within the anime world.

Note - Not 100% sure how well a Amazon card will work for me, alot of the items there don't ship to where I live. Atleast, not the stuff I seem to be interested in anyway. xD
So if I manage to win, I'll be happy if you pass down to second best or something.

Light Buster
06-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Anime Globe - The World of Anime in Your Hands

Anime Forum
06-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Just an update: Only 11 days left until the contest officially ends! If you still have a slogan you want to post up, post them up ASAP!

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2014, 06:04 PM
Keep it coming guys!

Anime Forum
06-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Update: Only 8 days left until this contest officially ends. I'll begin looking through the entered slogans within the next few days.

Keep posting and good luck (:

AcuMan
06-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Where anime fans belong.

Anime Forum
06-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Keep the articles coming! I need to thank you all for supporting AG and the future it will bring to AF and the anime world as a whole.

Three days left. Starting tomorrow, Kaitou+ and I will look over all of the already posted slogans.

Nodoka LaMei
06-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Anime Globe- And you thought you knew about good anime

Anime Forum
06-23-2014, 04:18 AM
Unless I see an amazing new slogan posted by the end date of this contest, a winner has been crowned.Keep em coming!

Anime Forum
06-24-2014, 10:41 PM
Anime Globe. I can associate a lot of words with that name. Anime is a style of Japanese film and television animation. Globe can refer to the planet Earth, a planet "X" dedicated to anime, a world of anime or a rounded/spherical object. Judging by the planetary rings on the words "Anime" and "Globe", I take it that it refers to planets and the universe. It reminds me of astronomy, but more than that science and technology. Science relates to study and knowledge. So, Anime Globe is like the planet to visit for all things anime because of the dedicated study and knowledge about the said things. Anime scientists are the inhabitants of Anime Globe.

Going back to what I said about astronomy, planets, etc. there is also curiosity and mystery in here. A sense of adventure. People always wonder about the existence of aliens, life on other planets, the existence of our planet and our own selves. At the moment, all we have to hold ourselves to are theories because of the lack of concrete evidence.

I'm doubting if I should use the word "discover" in the slogan because when you discover you find something unexpected; the results come in by surprise. When someone goes to Anime Globe, they're to expect something related to Anime. I would rather go with "Explore", because to explore means to:

So, they would "explore" Anime Globe seeking for Anime news because they want to learn about the things they're interested in. It becomes personal. Hm... Going back to "discover", the content of the news are unexpected, not the news themselves because everyone knows that every day there are new news. So I guess I can use "discover" if blended in well with another concept.

To keep this short, I think I'm gonna go with:

Seven words. I chose to go with "Explore our Globe " because the explorers already know that Anime Globe exists since before they explored. If they typed it in the URL or clicked a link in Google, most likely they knew that it would take them to something related to Anime by the name. "Our" specifically because it gives a sense of invitation. It seems as if there is a reward by exploring this planet, and that reward is knowledge.

I went with "and Discover the Anime" because what is discovered is the content of the news stories, which is related to anime. The explorers discover new and unexpected things about anime since as mentioned before everyone expects news, but not the content of them.

I repeat, my slogan is :

Congratulations on the winning the 30 dollar code prize! Thanks for supporting AG and helping us obtain a slogan. Pm Kaitou Ace to obtain your prize!

Qoco
06-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Congratulations on the winning the 30 dollar code prize! Thanks for supporting AG and helping us obtain a slogan. Pm Kaitou Ace to obtain your prize!

Thank you. I am glad I could help.

Anime Forum
07-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Since the contest has been over, closing thread.

Thanks for the entries everyone~