PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood

Nervous
05-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Sup yall. I just stumbled across a video that was shown to me during my stay in OSUT at Fort Benning. The video basically describes the brotherhood and comradery that is forged between infantrymen. The video got me thinking about my experiences in the military versus those in civilian life. I never realized how much we get along and help each other out. Everyone goes out of their way to help. I broke my ankle last week and was splinted on the spot then driven to the hospital in minutes. Its the small things we do for each other as well. Never have I had a greater appreciation for a group of people who are still fairly new to me. There are times when we experience something so miserable and then find ourselves laughing about it together just because we went through it with each other. I'll miss these guys when I go home. Anyone else have some motivational videos or stories to share?

I would encourage you to watch the entire video. Though you may not be an infantryman let alone in the military it still gives insight into the mindset and experiences we face. The video itself is also well made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ08bSTu2DA

DeathBlade/13.666
05-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Reminds me of the time my two CE buddies have to go to the ER because one accidently stabbed himself in the knee with a boot knife. Still, there is a fair amount of things we'd do for one another regardless of branch, job, or rank.

Another video that proves my point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15xkR40NdPU

Nervous
05-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Reminds me of the time my two CE buddies have to go to the ER because one accidently stabbed himself in the knee with a boot knife. Still, there is a fair amount of things we'd do for one another regardless of branch, job, or rank.

Great song. How did your buddy manage to stab himself?

DeathBlade/13.666
05-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Trying to cut open a box further so he could break it down more before tossing it.... With a boot knife... With a dagger style blade... As you can see, Military Intelligence didn't apply here.