PDA

View Full Version : [Comics] Graphic Novels

sunnyside
05-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Not Animation, but it seems to fit better with the Western/Non JP theme.

I'm curious what people think would make for some good reads.

I'd strongly advise the Pulitzer Prize winning "Maus" by Art Spiegelman. Actually you might be able to convince your English/Novels teacher to let the class read that instead of something else.

Watchmen and Sin City are award winning and famous for good reason.

Girl Genius was an award winning graphic novel that the authors turned into a webcomic (at first just posting the books they had already created page by page webcomic style, but I think they "caught up" a while ago and now post stuff to the webcomic first and then create the books).

DeathBlade/13.666
05-10-2014, 12:22 AM
I enjoyed the Watchmen, though the Movie ending makes a lot more sense then the comic one. I'm also big into Transformers under the IDW label, mostly Gen1 and Gen1 related stuff though. I've heard good things about Saga, and also about the graphic novel adaptations of Stephen King's Dark Tower and The Stand. Also been meaning to check out some of these new MTG comics.

Kagome
05-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Deadpool graphic novels are Amazing. :x Though granted-they began as simple comic books...but really- manga did that too. Anyway-yeah- definitely go with the Merc with a mouth. ::nods::