PDA

View Full Version : [wiiU] Multiple Megaman variants in SSB4!

Animedude5555
04-25-2014, 03:29 AM
Just saw this pic on the official SSB4 website! It shows that there will be Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman Legends, Megaman NT Warrior, and Megaman Starforce variants. Does this mean different sets of weapons/attacks (one set from each game, based on which variant you pick), different stats (like attack strength, special strength, defense, etc) like you get for different costumes for your characters in RPGs, or will it be just different costumes in the same way that in previous SSB games you had color schemes for characters? Notice that the different characters have buster arm cannons at different elevations above the ground in the pic, suggesting that at the very least shot height would differ depending on which variant you picked. I'm thinking that if they went this far as to have different shot heights, it might also give other varying characteristics, most importantly different attack/weapon sets. I mean it wouldn't make sense for Megaman X to be throwing sticky-bombs, as that was a weapon from the original Megaman game series, nor would it make sense for Megaman to be firing Storm Tornado, as that is from Megaman X on the SNES, not the original Megaman game (unless it was done as a mix and matched weapon set). And all the trailers so far show Megaman using Megaman attacks (not a mix and matched set from other Megaman series), so I can only assume that Megaman X would have his own set of weapons/attacks from the Megaman X series (and same thing for the other variants as well). I certainly HOPE that's the way this will be done.

Here's the pic I'm talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/s2VgVex.jpg

Would be nice if they put Protoman in as well, and used a variants system with him that would have his Megaman X form being Zero, as Zero is an AWESOME character (complete with a green lightsaber). Not too far fetched either, as they've got 6 Mario characters (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina, Yoshi), 3 Zelda characters (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf), and other franchises that also each have more than one character included in SSB games.