PDA

View Full Version : [Other] What ever happened to that Titan A.E. prequel?

Animedude5555
04-19-2014, 07:56 PM
I remember about a year after Titan A.E. was released I saw an ad on TV for something I think was called "Quest for the Titan" (but the word "quest" may have actually been "search" or "hunt"). I remember it was supposed to a movie about the events leading up to Titan A.E. but now I can't find it. I can't find anything at all on the net about it. It's as if it didn't even exist. Is my brain playing tricks on me and creating false memories, or was there really such a thing?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Ok, I just found out what it was. It was something called "The Quest for Titan". It was a special that ran on Fox Kids on TV a long time ago. If someone has a home video recording of this on their VHS tape somewhere, can you please digitize your tape and upload to youtube? Then please post the link here.

GameGeeks
04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah, what you're requesting is illegal. Time to poke DeathBlade with a stick again.

DeathBlade/13.666
04-20-2014, 10:10 AM
GameGeeks is semi-correct, it can be illegal depending on what letter of the law is used to determine legality. I know this only because my dad is looking into doing the same thing with much older films on Super8 film, so that they can be enjoyed in their entirety instead of partial bits as it stands now via youtube. Still if Fox Animation Studios or their parent companies, or whomever holds the rights to the Titan A.E. franchise, wants they can still have it removed with the possibility of fines or other punitive actions.

There were 3 prequel novels though, Cale's Story, Akima's Story, and Sam's Story, possibly what "The Quest for Titan" was made of?

Either way, thread is closed due to potential risk of legalities should someone post such a thing here, instead just PM it to VG.