PDA

View Full Version : The last Miyazaki movie

Clayton_n
03-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Is anyone actually planning on seeing Miyazaki's new WW2 movie?

Anime Forum
03-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Is anyone actually planning on seeing Miyazaki's new WW2 movie?

Yes, I do. Though, I highly doubt this will be his last one no matter what he has said.

Clayton_n
03-08-2014, 05:31 PM
The man's 1000 years old. Are you even sure he's still alive?

Anime Forum
03-08-2014, 06:06 PM
The man's 1000 years old. Are you even sure he's still alive?

Isn't he only 73 o_O?

ParaParaJMo
03-09-2014, 04:06 PM
I saw it back in August when it came out in Japan. It is more "realistic" than his previous works. There are elements of fantasy but not to the same levels as Spirited Away or Nasussica. It feels more adult but I don't think it was really his best movie to be honest. But he will continue doing manga from what I understand. I just wish he made that sequel to Porco Rosso.

Zainox
03-09-2014, 05:01 PM
I'll watch it when it's available online.

I do think alot of his latest movies just haven't been as good as his previous creations. Where they aren't bad, they are just no where near as good.
I assume he will just pass everything onto Goro, till he does another surprise pop up to make another movie. He will get inspired somewhere to create another.

Anime Forum
03-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I'll watch it when it's available online.

I do think alot of his latest movies just haven't been as good as his previous creations. Where they aren't bad, they are just no where near as good.
I assume he will just pass everything onto Goro, till he does another surprise pop up to make another movie. He will get inspired somewhere to create another.

Yeah. The guy is old (73 like I said), but not old enough yet where him making a new movie is out of the realm of possibility.

Clayton_n
03-10-2014, 11:51 AM
It takes like 3 years to make those things.

Anyway i'd prefer a sequel to Spirited Away... or a live action Lupin series.

Ai-no-Miko
03-13-2014, 12:45 AM
I am severely upset it's not playing anywhere near me. I've been really interested in seeing this film, and considering I love anything and everything Miyazaki/Ghibli it was a no brainer when I heard about it. I too am questioning whether or not this is truly his last since I'm pretty sure he's claimed that about others, but if it is I hope Ghibli still keeps creating magic. I know I'll be swiping it up as soon as it comes out on DVD/blu ray, that's for sure.