Sympathy
03-11-2014, 03:21 PM
no.

kotov9syndrome
03-11-2014, 09:11 PM
http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/2483905.jpg

mr.kudos
03-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Actually I have legit anime dvd's but I too watch fan subbed anime...so I guess 50% yes and 50% no I agree

Zainox
03-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah, no..

Inactive_Account
03-12-2014, 08:56 AM
I try to buy most series that im a big fan of but a lot of it is just impossible. So many great series don't get a US release and Japan charges a ridiculous amount for their BD sets ($50-$90 for 4 episodes is retarded).

Zainox
03-12-2014, 09:03 AM
I also buy anime/manga. But I sure as hell wouldn't have bought anywhere near as much as I have unless I had already seen it to make sure it was good and worth the buy.

Ωmega
03-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Well, if I love a series I'll buy the anime....IF it is available to me. I own several manga and box set of stuff I love. But theres also a lot thats not available to me, stuff that only airs in Japan that is then fan-subbed in English. I dont really pirate stuff, more that I read/view it online. I do it with American/Western cartoons too. I watch lots of Fosters, Dexter, etc online =3

Light Buster
03-12-2014, 01:42 PM
These days, it's hard to get your hands on anime, especially when they are not available at your nearest store. I got three anime seasons on my laptop via iTunes and K-ON! Season 2 on Xbox One and never regretted it. These days, online is the best place to get your anime. I don't like pirating anime myself, but in this point in time, getting stuff online is like one of the few ways of getting your hands on anime.

Anime Forum
03-12-2014, 02:26 PM
I only buy boxsets and NEVER download my anime because it doesn't feel like I own the anime unless I do.

http://themodernmage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Pirate_Skeleton_Arrr.jpg

ParaParaJMo
03-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Yes, anime in Japan is expensive but so is practically everything. It's one of the most expensive countries in the world. DVDs and Blurays being expensive is why renting is still popular here in Japan along with an elderly population that is not ready for online services like Netflix and Hulu yet.

It's not up to me whether or not you're a bad person for pirating or whether or not to stop it, but sometimes it helps (such as the case of Game of Thrones) or some times it can mess things up (like the Sega Dreamcast). There are countless titles I find here in Japan both new and old (mostly old) that should be watched by international audiences and if downloading them is your only means, I'm not going to stop you.

Jasanime
03-12-2014, 07:40 PM
I have a subscription with Crunchyroll, but the videos always freeze up on me. I also buy anime when it comes out, but when I can't wait that long, what choice do I have?

Toshiro Tazukura
03-20-2014, 02:35 PM
I want to buy the Anime dvd but, its a pain to spend more and get small eps out of the anime

KyouFalls
03-20-2014, 03:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0U2cnck.gif

TheLuigi755
04-05-2014, 09:00 AM
This is probably why TMS, Froebel-Kan and Nippon TV initiated (what I think may be) a mass takedown of Soreike! Anpanman episodes. Before on Youtube, loads of episodes existed on the site, even though most of them were unsubbed. Now there are virtually none, and when you click on a link to an episode, no longer do you get the familiar "Anpanman no Machi" in the run-up to the episode. You now get "This video contains content from TMSanime, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. Sorry about that". I blame Nittele for it more.

On the other hand, TV Asahi, ADK and Fujiko Pro seem to be taking no action against Doraemon. It seems that billions of episodes are on the site, wherever it be in English, Hindi, Vietnamese, Thai...

I can't get my hands on their DVDs, because Japan. Importing is expensive.

mr.kudos
04-07-2014, 01:14 AM
The only hope for legit dvd's is Funimation, Sentai Filmworks, Media Blasters, Aniplex USA, Nozomi Entertainment and Viz Media

AllHopeInEclipse
04-07-2014, 03:35 AM
If you can't stream it, I don't watch it.

Meteorkeeper
04-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Hahahahahaha oh wait you were serious...hahahahaha no way buddy *puts on pirate hat*
Ill stop as soon you give me the $1000 a year I would need to keep up with all the series.
Then again I have been pirating a lot less since I subscribed to Crunchyroll.

Kumagawa
04-07-2014, 03:48 PM
11000 a year, LOL! That's what I make a year working at the grocery store! Fukken LOL! I actually laughed out loud. What a loser. Maybe she should've gotten a real job. And maybe the japs shouldn't have been so xenophobic when it came to western anime audiences back whenever. And maybe the japanese otaku shouldn't seed every RAW available on nyaa like their life depends on it. But whatever.
In the meantime- I'll be in my room, watching *pirated* anime that would otherwise only reach me after four years on DVD, not at all, or require me to subscribe to some gay-ass streaming website that has the worst image quality imaginable.

Qoco
04-07-2014, 07:04 PM
I don't have the money to support everything I wish I could support. I only have two options...

A) To support the show by watching it for free, then recommend it to someone who might be able to monetarily show support, thus, making it gain a following.

B) Not watch anything, not spread the word around, and not help out by indirectly supporting. Everyone loses here.

I choose to go with A.