PDA

View Full Version : What Anime do you wish had a sequel?

OhSoFoxy
02-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Alright. So I haven't watched every Anime in existence.. but I have watched quite a few. Of those, there is a countless amount that I craved another season for.
I can't stand when an Anime ends, yet has so much potential and leaves alot of unanswered questions.

So for anyone who's reading this my question is, what animes (if any) do you wish had a sequel, another season, or even an OVA?

Here are just a few off the top of my head.

-Legend of the Legendary Heroes
-Aria: The Scarlet Ammo
-Kuroshitsuji (Still a recent anime, so there may or may not me a third season)
-Deadman Wonderland

Zainox
02-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Deadman Wonderland was stopped before the manga ended? That needs a second season.

For me it would be Eve no Jikan, it needs a second season I think to add and finish that character progression. Though the anime itself is pretty solid alone, just personal preferance.

Can't really think of any others. xD

Sympathy
02-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Samurai Champloo. i was saddened when Mugen, Gin and Fu went their separate ways, i love their chemistry.

Anime Forum
02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Lucky Star and Gosick. Though I have heard Gosick has gotten a sequel, but it has yet to be animated.

Ranshiin
02-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Samurai Champloo. i was saddened when Mugen, Gin and Fu went their separate ways, i love their chemistry.
This.

I'd love a proper sequel to Outlaw Star too. Kinda wish I could have seen more of their adventures 'n' all that, y'know? And none of that Angel Links spinoff crap or whatever it was called. :/

Mystelinth
02-20-2014, 03:22 PM
I think Samurai champloo ended well, and thats what i like about shows like that. If they'd continue I think I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

*cough* Well, i'd like to see alot more K-On. Because its just so great. Can't describe it with words.

PokeCrysis
02-20-2014, 04:02 PM
Aside from the obvious (SNK and Highschool of the Dead) I'd have to go with Oreimo (although I know this will probably never happen, but the story still isn't properly resolved yet)

Also, I think a remake of Soul Eater somewhere down the line that sticks to the manga would be pretty rad. (similar to what Bones also did with Fullemtal Alchemist)

sunnyside
02-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Cowboy Bebop.

Spike is optional.

Sympathy
02-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Spike is optional.

o_o what choo talkin bout sunnyside.

Anime Forum
02-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Aside from the obvious (SNK and Highschool of the Dead) I'd have to go with Oreimo (although I know this will probably never happen, but the story still isn't properly resolved yet)

Also, I think a remake of Soul Eater somewhere down the line that sticks to the manga would be pretty rad. (similar to what Bones also did with Fullemtal Alchemist)

A Soul Eater remake could be as good as Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Btw just thought of another anime that deserves a sequel. Hidan no Aria anyone?

OhSoFoxy
02-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Zainox Yes, the anime Deadman Wonderland ended way earlier in the plot than the manga did.

horrendous Mystelinth Ah, Samauri Champloo. That ending really put a strain on my heart. I was actually going to add it to my own list but..
In my opinion, I think the Anime is supposed to end like that.

PokeCrysis To be honest, the ending of HighSchool of the Dead just frustrated me. >.< It actually made me regret watching the series, because it pulled the audience in and then left us hanging completely.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

A Soul Eater could be as good as Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Btw just thought of another anime that deserves a sequel. Hidan no Aria anyone?

I definitely included Hidan no Aria in my original list. Well, the English title of it: Aria the Scarlet Ammo.
I loved the chemistry between Kinji and Aria, and wanted to see them continue on their journey together. I also wanted to know who in god's name Kana is...
I was troubled by the mystery shrouding Kana's name, and since the anime was never continued I actually resorted to Wikipedia to look it up. :read:

Anime Forum
02-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Zainox Yes, the anime Deadman Wonderland ended way earlier in the plot than the manga did.

horrendous Mystelinth Ah, Samauri Champloo. That ending really put a strain on my heart. I was actually going to add it to my own list but..
In my opinion, I think the Anime is supposed to end like that.

PokeCrysis To be honest, the ending of HighSchool of the Dead just frustrated me. >.< It actually made me regret watching the series, because it pulled the audience in and then left us hanging completely.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I definitely included Hidan no Aria in my original list. Well, the English title of it: Aria the Scarlet Ammo.
I loved the chemistry between Kinji and Aria, and wanted to see them continue on their journey together. I also wanted to know who in god's name Kana is...
I was troubled by the mystery shrouding Kana's name, and since the anime was never continued I actually resorted to Wikipedia to look it up. :read:

Not sure how I missed that in your list o_o. Anyways yeah, I loved the chemistry as well. IMO Hidan no Aria is a very underrated anime that gets a lot of hate for reasons above me. Maybe it is not completely finished, but I don't see that being the core reason for it having a 7.21 on myanimelist.

Albear
02-20-2014, 07:43 PM
School Rumble. They started the third season.. And then straight up cancelled it. That was some bull..
As for samurai champloo.. I would not mind them showing what Mugen is up to after the trio went their separate ways.
After all, my OTP in the show is Mugen and the police girl.

Anime Forum
02-20-2014, 07:44 PM
School Rumble. They started the third season.. And then straight up cancelled it. That was some bull..
As for samurai champloo.. I would not mind them showing what Mugen is up to after the trio went their separate ways.

School Rumble third season? Oh please let it happen! That anime is just so damn funny.

OhSoFoxy
02-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Albear Yeah I feel like there could have been a whole story between Mugen and the undercover police woman.
That's the only aspect of the anime that I feel was unfinished and unresolved, in a way.

KyouFalls
02-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Darker Than Black.. That season 2 was horrible.

Anime Forum
02-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Thought of another. How about AKB0048 Final Stage? I'd hope on that bandwagon.

Major.Tom
02-21-2014, 05:56 AM
Indeed, samurai champloo would be a gift.

Sympathy
02-21-2014, 06:02 AM
Darker Than Black.. That season 2 was horrible.

i haven't seen season two but i heard from a friend that they did something really stupid with Yin. i pry won't watch it cause i dont was her character ruined for me

Ugly.Ted
02-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Highschool of the Buff.

sunnyside
02-21-2014, 11:29 AM
o_o what choo talkin bout sunnyside.

I don't want to give any spoilers. I'm just saying I'm more of a Jet Black fan.

Sympathy
02-21-2014, 02:26 PM
I don't want to give any spoilers. I'm just saying I'm more of a Jet Black fan.

ah, ok. yeah, it's kind of up in the air and open to debate.

Token Black Guy
02-24-2014, 12:10 PM
I would love to see a continuation of FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple, Beck: Mongolian Chopsquad, and maybe Samurai Champloo.

AnimeBboy
02-24-2014, 02:29 PM
For me I would like to see something done with Trigun. The ending felt a little rushed to me.

I thought about putting Samurai Champloo, but for me Samurai Champloo ended perfectly for me.

T0r4c D4rkst0rm
04-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Deadman Wonderland!!!! It had such potential!

dfwm20
04-15-2014, 04:07 PM
For me definately Kimi ni Todoke or Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

slenderpupp
04-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Soul eater neeeeeeeds more episodes NEEEDS I TELLU

kotov9syndrome
04-17-2014, 05:54 PM
black lagoon, giant killing, gin no saji