PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy

Poe Hunter
07-27-2004, 10:34 PM
is it just me or have the main character of the final fantasys getting progressionally worse over the years? i mean 1 through 8 had awesome main characters, but 9 and 10 and 10II, had realy bad ones, im just wondering if anyone else thinks that as well

Rem
07-28-2004, 01:04 PM
yeah the main characters are getting worse but they have always been bad.

Tomo
07-28-2004, 06:46 PM
*nods* they&#39;re getting very.... donno how to put it. squall and cloud were all like "i don&#39;t care" and kick your butt . and then in 9 and 10 they get all "no please >.<". and in 10 every 5 minutes he goes "give me a break". how many breaks does this guy need? they&#39;ll never save the world at this rate. haha >.> not to mention he&#39;s good looking. but still...

shi_amai
07-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah, in the earlier games their personalities weren&#39;t so frickin&#39; annoying. Cloud and Squall we cool, and didn&#39;t have the annoying way of acting that you want to strangle. Tidus is more annoying then Zidane, because he&#39;s always whining. (I for on think Cloud looks so much cuter then Tidus XD )

Tomo
07-28-2004, 08:41 PM
yeah Cloud is alot better looking than Tidus >.o. i reeeallly wanna see Advent Children. >.o
Advent Children (http://www.adventchildren.net/)

CrimsonButterflies
07-28-2004, 09:37 PM
I think allmost everyone is waitn to see that^^^^

back on topic: Cloud was awsome, the "elite" soldier and he just had the attitude of dont look at me or ill kill you. and then Squall came and o man he was just so cool&#33; Then....Zidane i beleave was that "things" name...what was with the tail?? i mean..come on. Then Tidus, he was a step up but...he was still kinda stupid, but they had Auron to make up for him. then in X-2.......i dont even wanna comment...

Sumi Wings
07-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Cloud was the best main character....the main characters after that were just...... :<_<:

Rip ya a new one
07-29-2004, 02:09 AM
I get why Cloud was all dark and stuff that was cool but Squall was just not a good character.
Zidane and Tidus are Kinda stupid but why don&#39;t we talk about the Characters in 1,2,4,5,and 6.
Locke reminds me of Zidane.
Cecil was a cool character.

Rem
07-29-2004, 08:15 AM
yeah cecil was cool

Rena
07-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Tomo...you need to get dressed under your clothes&#33; XD

Anyway, yeah, Zidane was kind of...well...ugly for one...^^; and Tidus&#39; english voice sounded soo stupid from what I&#39;ve heard of it. I can&#39;t wait for XII to come out so I can see the new main charrie&#33; ^^; he looks so awesome in the pics I&#39;ve seen of him. Also, Ashe looks totally cool. I think she&#39;ll be my new favorite(The old one being Rikku).

I loved Squall and Cloud...&#33; Although Squall&#39;s eyebrows belong to none other than the one and only Tomo ^^; *Hides from her* Cloud looks great in the trailers for Advent Children&#33; ^^;

Rem
07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Rena just so you know the main male for 12 is going to be gay.

Sumi Wings
07-29-2004, 02:49 PM
I agree, what is up with all these weird clothes?

nami
07-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Judging by personality and how fun they are to play, I would say that Cloud is the best main character. Squall had no personality. He was cute, but that and an awesome sword don&#39;t make a good main character. Zidane had a personality. It was a little predictable at times, but it was still there. The tail was... odd, but that has nothing to do with the quality of his character. Tidus was 80% ANGST which, in my book, makes a good character. Yes, his English voice was annoying as hell and the battle cries or whatever they were supposed to be could use some serious work, but, again, that has nothing to do with his character. (That has to do with the dubbing team.) I think that in X-2, Yuna actually was a good main character because she grew as the story progressed, she had semi-intelligent thoughts, and it just makes sense to have Yuna as the main character. She was so popular as a secondary character, after all. I haven&#39;t played any of the others, really, so I can&#39;t comment.

Rena
07-30-2004, 06:24 AM
Well I really dont care if he&#39;s gay&#33; He&#39;s still cute&#33; ^^; :lol:

Oh and I forgot to comment on Yuna in X-2 in my last post. She&#39;s awesome&#33; Although I like Rikku and Paine better, she still makes the top of the list. ^__^

Tomo
07-31-2004, 09:30 PM
*smerks* yeah rena...like when you were
stairing at that squall. and there was that very
..VERy good looking cloud. that Zadine sucked
the kuja was very...scary looking...

Rem
08-01-2004, 12:05 AM
as far as cool looking main characters go no one will ever beat dant in the cool depatment but for rpgs im going with no one i have never liked the main character in an rpg.

Rena
08-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Well Tomo you were staring too. O.o

Rokoji
08-02-2004, 08:32 PM
yeah they are just getting dumber and dumber.

Rena
08-12-2004, 10:44 AM
I guess that was a good way to sum it all up...^^;

Nakkun
08-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah, that&#39;s the part that has always led me to believe that Final Fantasy can only go so far. I would think that the reason behind the character design is the fact that Square is running out of ideas. Haven&#39;t you noticed that they are only slowly going on to FFXII and instead working on sequels? They&#39;re out of ideas, in my opinion. I dunno, I could be wrong about this whole thing.

Sometimes companies like Square put out some bad characters then jump back in with a set of really good ones.

Who knows, hope to see good things from them in the future though~

-Nakkun-

Rena
08-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Heeeey, Nakkun&#33; You are so right. I think they are too. My friend and I were talking about this kind of thing the other day, with the only diffenece being that she believes all of the Final Fantasies to be great. Personally, I think the most recent ones, like X-2 for instance, besides the fact that I loved the graphics, were crappy. Almost everyone I know says that the story wasnt very well put together, and my guy friends all did not like playing as Yuna. ::Shrug:: But, as you said, we could be wrong. ^^;

Forever_Love
08-20-2004, 12:24 AM
OMG. All ppl dat say Cloud is WAY hotter than Tidus are so so so WRONG&#33; U shud consider looking at the personality before u juj the how other ppl look. At least that&#39;s what I think , how about u guyz ? Anyways, now i fink Tidus AND Shuin r both hott &#33; :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sinjoda
08-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Squall is so much cooler than Cloud. Zidane is ok, but Tidus just sucks. I hope we get another "I don&#39;t care" and "Let&#39;s kick donkey" character soon.

Rem
08-30-2004, 04:02 PM
You know i hopr square starts makeing their characters more western. Rather then eastern because lets face it the west has plenty of bad asses and the east....not so mutch. I mean it would be sweet to see a FF character like i dont know say clint east wood in the man with no name movies. Hes skilled cool and wiity not whiney or wishy washy like most FF heroes.

AngryYoungMan
08-30-2004, 05:00 PM
they should make the hair less spikey.

Heeeey, Nakkun&#33; You are so right. I think they are too. My friend and I were talking about this kind of thing the other day, with the only diffenece being that she believes all of the Final Fantasies to be great. Personally, I think the most recent ones, like X-2 for instance, besides the fact that I loved the graphics, were crappy. Almost everyone I know says that the story wasnt very well put together, and my guy friends all did not like playing as Yuna. ::Shrug:: But, as you said, we could be wrong. ^^;

I think all the newer ones sucked. Anything after 8 was bad in my opinion.

They should make a character in jeans and a black t-shirt all the time, that would certainly break the streak.

Cloud-Purple leotard
Sephiroth&#39;s illicit affair?

Squall-all black leather
ooo... dominatrix

Zidane-Bright carnival outfit
I knew I smelled cabbage&#33;

Tidus-half shirt, chest wax, checkerboard pants
watch out cloud&#33; It&#39;s the leader of the FF fab five&#33;

Yuna-hot pants, shirt split down middle
Obvious ploy for horny teen boy audience.

Don&#39;t hate me because of what I said, in fact I think cloud would be cool without the purple and Squall looks good now anyway, even with the leather

a clint eastwood character would be cool, but it wouldn&#39;t allow for angst, which would be out of line in square&#39;s book. But hey, Square Enix is due for a good idea <coughKingdomHeartscough> <coughFFX-2cough>, aren&#39;t they?

Rem
08-31-2004, 01:28 PM
I think square should have a cowboy as the new main character i mean he couldent be worse then tidus.

AngryYoungMan
08-31-2004, 09:19 PM
That might skirt pretty close to irvine in the wardrobe department though. They need a cold, heartless, killing machine hero who doesn&#39;t learn any lessons and isn&#39;t:
1)an orphan
2)a slum baby
3)a sports hero
4)a girl in hot pants
5)A singer
6)anywhere close to resembling anything else made by square since they merged with enix

Rem
08-31-2004, 11:26 PM
You know what would be cool if your could create your own character and choose if you want to be good or bad. Oh wait im sorry that game already exsits its called knights of the old republic.

Regex
09-01-2004, 04:40 AM
FF1 didn&#39;t really have much in the way of character development, so there isn&#39;t much you can say about that. FFIV had cool characters, but the translation messed things up. But you can&#39;t deny how great Cecil and Edge were. FFV still had decent characters, but the best characters of all the games were from FFVI. They had such a variety of people, and so many different stories to develop. In FFVIII, they still made everyone cool, but then the next two games went horribly downhill.

In FFVIII, all the characters were everything that i hated about high school. Unnecessary drama. "Whatever..." Squall was one of the worst Final Fantasy characters of all of them.

Until we reach FFIX. This game has the unique ability to have EVERY character in it (except Vivi, and possibly Freya) just irritate me.. Which was odd, because I still liked the game a lot. Each character had some horribly annoying quality to them which just made me dislike them altogether. Amarant has managed to beat out Squall for the worst character in any Final Fantasy game.

FFX, however, has gotten out of that, and a little better. Wakka was irritating, but not nearly as bad. I didn&#39;t like Lulu, but she was still a very good character.. Tidus had annoying moments.. But even the odd whiny main character can work (for example, Star Wars Episode IV. In contrast, Star Wars Episode II was terrible for the whiny main character) All in all, the characters were very well developed. I liked the game.

I can&#39;t say much about FFX-2, because i haven&#39;t actually played it. Not in a huge hurry to though.. =/

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by SEGA SATURN MAN@Aug 31 2004, 11:26 PM
You know what would be cool if your could create your own character and choose if you want to be good or bad. Oh wait im sorry that game already exsits its called knights of the old republic.
Character Creation aside, (It is a SNES rpg after all) I&#39;d suggest the translated Shin Megami Tensei&#39;s if it weren’t for their stupid First person perspective dungeons. But they&#39;re coming out with two new games of "near-final fantasy" quality. Last I heard they were headed over here.

Rem
09-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah they are and they look way better then final fantasy.

AngryYoungMan
09-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Member Name@Sep 1 2004, 05:40 AM
FF1 didn&#39;t really have much in the way of character development, so there isn&#39;t much you can say about that. FFIV had cool characters, but the translation messed things up. But you can&#39;t deny how great Cecil and Edge were. FFV still had decent characters, but the best characters of all the games were from FFVI. They had such a variety of people, and so many different stories to develop. In FFVIII, they still made everyone cool, but then the next two games went horribly downhill.

In FFVIII, all the characters were everything that i hated about high school. Unnecessary drama. "Whatever..." Squall was one of the worst Final Fantasy characters of all of them.

Until we reach FFIX. This game has the unique ability to have EVERY character in it (except Vivi, and possibly Freya) just irritate me.. Which was odd, because I still liked the game a lot. Each character had some horribly annoying quality to them which just made me dislike them altogether. Amarant has managed to beat out Squall for the worst character in any Final Fantasy game.

FFX, however, has gotten out of that, and a little better. Wakka was irritating, but not nearly as bad. I didn&#39;t like Lulu, but she was still a very good character.. Tidus had annoying moments.. But even the odd whiny main character can work (for example, Star Wars Episode IV. In contrast, Star Wars Episode II was terrible for the whiny main character) All in all, the characters were very well developed. I liked the game.

I can&#39;t say much about FFX-2, because i haven&#39;t actually played it. Not in a huge hurry to though.. =/
I liked 8 the best actually, even though every time selphie spoke I got homicidal urges. I mean, they made a yuffie clone and I HATE YUFFIE&#33;
I liked Zell though because I was a little like him at one point in time :lol: . He also always brought humor to the scene.
Squall, Rinoa, and Quistis I don&#39;t have any particular problem with.
Irvine I kinda liked, I just do.

In VII, hmm.... Cloud was a stupid donkey, he wore a purple leotard, and no matter how big his sword was, he still brought 18 too many plot twists to the story. And I mean, he had about 5 chances with Aeris AND Tifa but did nothing. What a loser.
Tifa was OK, she really didn&#39;t have much storywise that wasn&#39;t just supporting cloud.
Barret was a Spaz, and I like him for it. So was Cid, He was like a foul-mouthed, talkative Clint Eastwood.
I just don&#39;t like Aeris.
Vincent was really cool. He hid his face, and endured horrible torture in his life, physical and mental. He was a tortured soul, but he didn&#39;t feel the need to ... about it every waking moment.

IX, I&#39;m not gonna say anything but Vivi was cool. every other part sucked.

X had some of the most flambuoyant characters I&#39;ve ever seen. Just take A look at Wakka and Tidus
I like Wakka because he&#39;s voiced by John DiMaggio.
Yuna overdid the frail little girl destined to die role by way too much.
I don&#39;t like Tidus because he&#39;s just so irritating&#33;
Rikku was just like selphie and yuffie.
Lulu I didn&#39;t have a problem with other than that she had the tendency to act like a mean ol&#39; ... sometimes.
I liked Auron because he was a drunk, carried a big sword, commanded respect, and Kicked total donkey all the time.

And as for X-2, don&#39;t play it. No one should play it. If you do, my posse will hunt you down and ritualistically slaughter you and your family. So don&#39;t play that piece of crap.

So overall, according to me:
VII good
VIII good
IX bad
X bad
X-2 COMMENT DELETED

Rem
09-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Yeh cid and vincent have to be the coolest characters in final fantasy.

Forever_Love
09-06-2004, 07:18 PM
The ppl in FFX and FFX-2 r NOT wierd. Well except for Kimahri now HE&#39;S wierd. N e ways I won&#39;t want to question ur ways either. It&#39;s wierd becuz I&#39;m way used to the higher versions of FF like FFX and FFX-2 and FFX-XI. But N e how, goodbye&#33;

All the fun&#33;

*+*++*+*f0r3v3r l0v3*+*++*+*

Forever_Love
09-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by AngryYoungMan+Sep 1 2004, 08:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AngryYoungMan @ Sep 1 2004, 08:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Member Name@Sep 1 2004, 05:40 AM

I liked 8 the best actually, even though every time selphie spoke I got homicidal urges. I mean, they made a yuffie clone and I HATE YUFFIE&#33;
I liked Zell though because I was a little like him at one point in time :lol: . He also always brought humor to the scene.
Squall, Rinoa, and Quistis I don&#39;t have any particular problem with.
Irvine I kinda liked, I just do.

In VII, hmm.... Cloud was a stupid donkey, he wore a purple leotard, and no matter how big his sword was, he still brought 18 too many plot twists to the story. And I mean, he had about 5 chances with Aeris AND Tifa but did nothing. What a loser.
Tifa was OK, she really didn&#39;t have much storywise that wasn&#39;t just supporting cloud.
Barret was a Spaz, and I like him for it. So was Cid, He was like a foul-mouthed, talkative Clint Eastwood.
I just don&#39;t like Aeris.
Vincent was really cool. He hid his face, and endured horrible torture in his life, physical and mental. He was a tortured soul, but he didn&#39;t feel the need to ... about it every waking moment.

IX, I&#39;m not gonna say anything but Vivi was cool. every other part sucked.

X had some of the most flambuoyant characters I&#39;ve ever seen. Just take A look at Wakka and Tidus
I like Wakka because he&#39;s voiced by John DiMaggio.
Yuna overdid the frail little girl destined to die role by way too much.
I don&#39;t like Tidus because he&#39;s just so irritating&#33;
Rikku was just like selphie and yuffie.
Lulu I didn&#39;t have a problem with other than that she had the tendency to act like a mean ol&#39; ... sometimes.
I liked Auron because he was a drunk, carried a big sword, commanded respect, and Kicked total donkey all the time.

And as for X-2, don&#39;t play it. No one should play it. If you do, my posse will hunt you down and ritualistically slaughter you and your family. So don&#39;t play that piece of crap.

So overall, according to me:
VII good
VIII good
IX bad
X bad
X-2 COMMENT DELETED [/b][/quote]
ok overalll these r bad to me:

FF8
FF9
and all that angryyoungman likes

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-06-2004, 10:00 PM
You&#39;ll make a lot more friends if you:

1: Don&#39;t double post.
2: Don&#39;t use chatroom abbreviations.
3: Don&#39;t disrespect other peoples opinions. At the very least, you should disrespect their opinions kindly.

Forever_Love
09-07-2004, 06:13 PM
I fink all the old ones really infinity sux.

Frst wat i h8 bout em:

1. Personality thee most BORING personality EVER
2. Story is waaaay too common
3. They&#39;re luv teams SUK
4. They SUK

I ave spoken

*+*++*+*f0r3v3r l0v3*+*++*+*

AngryYoungMan
09-08-2004, 07:48 PM
And so, anything I like is bad to you? hmm..... If I start to hate pie...... This could get interesting......

Anyway, I gave a reason that made sense for why I didn&#39;t like the designer pot fantasies known as the newer FFs, instead of "I fink that Forever love sux and i roxor, so X and X-2 suxor. And mabe if i repeet evryfing i say den peeps will fink dat i rite&#33;"
**++==**//4nGRyy0ungm4n&#092;&#092;**==++**

Manhattan_Project_2000
09-08-2004, 11:03 PM
What the hell? No one else on the board uses abbreviations on a normal basis. If you can&#39;t take the time to include the extra letters, YOU look like the idiot, and no one over the age of 12 will take you seriously. This is a message board, not a chat room.

Double posting is more than my pet peeve. All the moderators dislike it, and will edit/warn you accordingly. There is a little button called edit you can use to add additional writing to your post. Learn to live with it.

Likewise, everyone on the board more or less respects these rules, either from multiple warnings, common sense, or history with lawless message boards. So I doubt you&#39;ll find many fiends that can like you in spite of your lack of common sense and devotion to looking like an idiot.

…And attempting to write 5 counter-points to 3 points indicates to me that you can&#39;t count either.

Forever_Love
09-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Well who cares ? Y do I simply have to do what u want to do ? R u a king or sumthing ? A ruler ? A all-mitey ? Well I won&#39;t listen to u so there. Enough &#33;

AngryYoungMan
09-09-2004, 06:47 PM
And this is why I&#39;ve been asking the mods to carry weapons :lol: &#33;
But maybe we should stay on point

Rem
09-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Forever_Love@Sep 9 2004, 06:33 PM
Well who cares ? Y do I simply have to do what u want to do ? R u a king or sumthing ? A ruler ? A all-mitey ? Well I won&#39;t listen to u so there. Enough &#33;
Christ&#33;&#33;&#33; You spell worse then me you rambel like crazy and you have no respect for other peoples opinions. You clearly have no taste in games pluss h8 is such a strong word. Maybe you dislike it or your not a fan but h8 man thats harsh :rolleyes: .

Waterz_Dagger
09-12-2004, 05:21 AM
hmm.. interesting. now, im new here, and i dont care wether i go against anyone&#39;s ways, but i still respect every1&#39;s opinions.. and hey ms. Yuna, i liked FFX-2 as well, but u gotta admit some of it is whacky. and um, vincent and cid kick azz... i honestly dont see how there stories are so common. now, you want to talk about common storylines? how about this:

Rikku= homeland destroyed. famous daddy. from a race thats not world known/not every1 likes.. sound familiar? *COUGH, DART, CLOUD, YUFFIE, COUGH*

Joe_mama727
09-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Final Fantassy rox, but their so hard to finish

Rena
09-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Yeah, it does rock, but I really dont think they&#39;re hard to finish...I&#39;ve beaten VII, VIII, and IX...they werent that hard to beat either...>_>;

Waterz_Dagger
09-25-2004, 10:20 AM
lol, there are 2 ways to beating FF games.

1= just get to the end, beat it, it might be a little hard that way.

2=find/do/get the EXTRAs (witch may be really hard to get) but the end will be easy

kawaii_kagome
09-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Hope da fite between forever_love and some complainers stop, w/e.

N e ways, I agree on wat forever_love sed (And pls do not criticize my spelling, pls&#33;). Tidus and Shuin r cool but wat Waterz_Daggerz had to say bout Cid and Cloud, she does have a point. They do kik a§§. lmao.

AngryYoungMan
09-26-2004, 08:12 AM
I&#39;ll agree about Vincent and Cid, But I really disliked Cloud, Tidus, and Shuin.

Cloud not only somehow makes his hair stand completely on end all the time (even when he&#39;s sleeping)but he also had the most confused, desperate attempt at a backstory I&#39;ve ever seen. Plus, he wore a purple leotard. No one wears a purple leotard around town.

Tidus-Maybe if the guy is gonna be the main character, a sports champion, and a great fighter, he should look slightly masculine. My cousin Liam, who was 4 at the time, came into my room while I was playing FFX, pointed at tidus and asked "Is she a good guy?" and that cracked me up :lol:

Shuin- A tacked on character from an idiotic plot that made a mockery of the job system.

And for the love of god, stop using chat room speech. You should read what was earlier said about that kind of crap.

Waterz_Dagger
09-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by kawaii_kagome@Sep 25 2004, 08:31 PM
Hope da fite between forever_love and some complainers stop, w/e.

N e ways, I agree on wat forever_love sed (And pls do not criticize my spelling, pls&#33;). Tidus and Shuin r cool but wat Waterz_Daggerz had to say bout Cid and Cloud, she does have a point. They do kik a§§. lmao.
lol, I HAVE to criticize you, you called me a &#39;&#39;she&#39;&#39;...... -_- Read my profile, I&#39;m a &#39;&#39;HE&#39;&#39;. :<_<:

AngryYoungMan
09-30-2004, 03:06 PM
It&#39;s because of your sig man, I assumed that too. I guess I should read the profiles more often though :lol:

Terra
10-06-2004, 04:46 AM
i used to be a final fantasy fan. i like final fantasy 7,8 the best.ff6 is okay but the graphics isn't so good. some of the final fantasy games got chocobos which is rather cute at first and then it gets annoying. final fantasy 7, i don't like Aeres. she uses a STICK!!! and when i train her untill she is quite good....she dies.all my hard work...... i like tifa the most. vincent is rather cool.
final fantasy 8 is rather confusing at some parts. but besides that its good.
final fantasy 9... i think its okay.but i didn't really understand the card game.
As for other final fantasies. i agree its getting worse. some doesn't seem like final fantasy anymore. i mean... there is one final fantasy where u CHANGE CLOTHES when u fight. i forgot which one.

Annik
10-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Rena just so you know the main male for 12 is going to be gay.
And that is why I LOVE HIM ALREADY!!!!!

I. WANT. THAT. GAME.

Zedekiah
10-06-2004, 10:35 AM
*coughs* Ehem.. You could at least try to pretend, no? :Z

Annik
10-06-2004, 10:51 AM
-smothers you-

SwOrDzYs
10-06-2004, 12:28 PM
oooo me like yuffie!!!

Annik
10-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Are you kidding? Everyone hates Yuffie.

O_o;

Well, I'm with you - I thought she rocked!

i_am_ranma
11-16-2004, 09:35 PM
in ff10 i didnt like how they had the special aeons because they were too easy to use and thye were so cheap. example yojimba, you have to pay him money to attack and why waste yer money for something like that when you can just train bahamut to something way better....may take a while but well worth it.

Daenerys
11-16-2004, 09:36 PM
That's the point, you have to work hard to get each aeon. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean someone else doesn't like him for the exact reason you don't like him.

i_am_ranma
11-16-2004, 09:39 PM
that is so very true.

saiyankev
11-19-2004, 11:35 PM
final fantasy 7 is SOOOO the BEST FF game ever

Jo-chan
11-21-2004, 04:31 PM
final fantasy 7 is SOOOO the BEST FF game ever
I agree. I have all the final fantasy's from the first one, all the way through X-2. I played them all (I never finished, but played enough to have a good look at what each game was like.) and I still choose VII as the BEST.

cblssms
04-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, the games are nice... but they are seriously hard to beat, which makes it s**k! Why can't they put in some kind of program where we can replay CS's!!!!!!! Oh YEAH! BTW, Happy Birthday Poe Hunter! ^_^

Sexy Angel
04-12-2005, 01:11 AM
cloud and squall are really handsome but zidane and tidus...not really

Terra
04-12-2005, 01:31 AM
Are you kidding? Everyone hates Yuffie.

i actually kinda like yuffie.... except when she steals my stuff... <_< but besides that... i like her...

kaisen
04-12-2005, 03:10 AM
the earlier FFs were better (until FF8)
i didn't like FF9 very much... the character are getting weirder and weirder...
but FFX-2 was better... Gals being the main characters rule!!!
i liked paine the most... but still love the bubbly personality of Rikku...
(yuna can't be left out too)... it's good she came out of her shell...
wearing the hot pants and all...

S_C_L-1
07-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Woaw there! the 9 was a work of art! i must admit i found the character designs a bit disssapointing at first glance, but it all fits later on. Unlike the 7 that starts on a gloomy note, in the 9 you see the whoal world plummit into darkness as the story unfolds. The only reasons I can see to not like this game are to not like rpgs in particular or because this person is not a gamer and decides to stop playing before even finishing the first cd! The first Cd is only the intro to the story, the foundation that is to be shattered! Before you diss FF9, play it thru. Finish the game and then tell me that that was a waste of your time!

Zek
07-25-2005, 11:00 PM
ya the characters are getting slightly worst but i rather like the main character in ff9 and i like vivi the black mage although my fav is that guy that gets turned to stone in the forest

pyrothunder336
07-25-2005, 11:08 PM
The characters for 9 and 10 were kinda stupid except for about 3 of them. at least that is how it seems to me

BurningBlazeX
07-25-2005, 11:10 PM
FF6 is the best final fantasy of all, so what if the graphics were 2-d...that doesnt take away from the gameplay at ALL!

S_C_L-1
07-26-2005, 10:56 AM
FF6 is the best final fantasy of all, so what if the graphics were 2-d...that doesnt take away from the gameplay at ALL!
i aggree completely! (well for the grafics part)
Most of my fav games are NES... So wut if its 8-bit? do you think ppl would dl emulators for NES if the games werent good?

Dark Lord
07-31-2005, 10:29 PM
I agree with you completely. The main characters were all cool until nine. Zidane was peppy but not nearly as bad as Tidus. Seriously, who wants to play as a metrosexual crybaby.

S_C_L-1
08-01-2005, 12:09 AM
I agree with you completely. The main characters were all cool until nine. Zidane was peppy but not nearly as bad as Tidus. Seriously, who wants to play as a metrosexual crybaby.
Other metrosexual crybabys?

Nah im joking lol

I never actually played any of the FFs after the 9... unless you count crystal chronicals... (i wonder why ppl didnt like that game?)

MistaCloudStrife
08-01-2005, 02:13 AM
Wakka was irritating, but not nearly as bad.
I just want to point out... You prolly think he was because of the way he talked no? You should go to Hawaii and see how they talk there... Its almost exactly how Wakka talked in FFX... Exept the watered down the Pigin accent in Wakka... I for one, thought Wakka was cool.

Amix
08-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I think they're just getting less and less braver, Cloud wasn't scared of anything except his past and stuff then later on Tidus didn't seem that brave enough to make quick decisions, anyways I love FF so I would never say FF sucks.

Marie2007
08-19-2005, 09:03 PM
some have and others havent

S_C_L-1
08-20-2005, 01:32 PM
some have and others havent
you should quote the person you are replying to...

Sinnaku
08-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Rikku was like the only character in the new FFs that was done good.

Tidus and Yuna were just.... UCK!

DownRight-eviL
08-20-2005, 03:08 PM
I just want to point out... You prolly think he was because of the way he talked no? You should go to Hawaii and see how they talk there... Its almost exactly how Wakka talked in FFX... Exept the watered down the Pigin accent in Wakka... I for one, thought Wakka was cool.
AGREED! No offense though, my guy friends talk like that everyday... And no, it does not get irking here in Hawaii. It's just that since I hear everyone talking pigin everyday, I can't help but talk pigin too... It just gets engraved in your brain yanno. Well before I came here, I spoke straight english and now I can't do that unless I try... And Wakka is awesome! I love his accent 'cause it reminds me of the people that live around here! ^_^

white_lotus27
08-20-2005, 03:47 PM
To my suggestion, I think that the FF characters is getting better than before. Besides for the X, it has the best characters than any other. I totally love Rikku, Wakka, Tidus, and Yuna characters in X.
But in X2, they made Yuna look crappier than before. In X, she looks so cute.

But I agree on the new characters in XI, they look uglier than the characters from before.

VII and VIII also have good characters too. Abit better than IX.
And all of the characters before VII looks even worse, 'cuz of the background, graphics, and effects of it is not good, in the old days.
Nowadays they could make the characters way better than before.

super trunks
08-20-2005, 03:50 PM
i like all of them the character are gangsta

MistaCloudStrife
08-20-2005, 03:54 PM
To my suggestion, I think that the FF characters is getting better than before. Besides for the X, it has the best characters than any other. I totally love Rikku, Wakka, Tidus, and Yuna characters in X.
But in X2, they made Yuna look crappier than before. In X, she looks so cute.

But I agree on the new characters in XI, they look uglier than the characters from before.

VII and VIII also have good characters too. Abit better than IX.
And all of the characters before VII looks even worse, 'cuz of the background, graphics, and effects of it is not good, in the old days.
Nowadays they could make the characters way better than before.
I think they mean more, "personality-wise"... not looks... <_<;; >_>;;

You can't count the looks in the older FFs since they were only 2d...

white_lotus27
08-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I know. ^_^
I sounded kind of off by talking about the looks.
Yeah, it is in 2d, not 3d. I notice that someone is gonna quote me on that. ^_^

S_C_L-1
08-21-2005, 01:46 PM
i like all of them the character are gangsta

actually, the only gangsta characters i know of in FF... Zidane and his gang... cuz u know... they ARE gangsters...

and PLEASE dont go with that stereotypical "black" language... it really pisses me off... im still wondering... if 50 cents was shot (like 3 times).... how long is it going to take for him to understand... -_-;

Or would you care to explain your "definition" of gangsta?

thed9984
03-19-2006, 04:42 PM
yah but i say the decline begins at 10 now with 11 its the player and i dont know about 12 but i could just be a conduincse that12 and x2 have awfull caraters so i am nor going to be to rash i like ff9 caraters and all those before i say they reached their current peek at 7

Lord Garma Zabi
03-20-2006, 12:07 PM
You hurt my feelings. I am a HUGE FF9 fan. I will admit, X and X-2 had some of the worst characters I have ever seen in any video game to date(and that includes 2 cent games as well), but 9 wasn't too bad. Due to the anger and frustration that comes over me when discussing X and X-2, I will refrain myself from doing so.

S_C_L-1
03-29-2006, 04:32 AM
I think they mean more, "personality-wise"... not looks... <_<;; >_>;;

You can't count the looks in the older FFs since they were only 2d...
that's true, but even more-so in the 3d era... since the graphics get exponentially better........ or are supposed to *cough*360*cough*...