PDA

View Full Version : Probably the most retarded thing you have read all day.

Zondor
02-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Alright, so first post here.

The gist of it is I had a dream last night that for some reason was a bloody harem anime in a "high school like setting" for some reason that was quite actually entertaining. (There's quite abit more to it than that but I don't want to give it away)

I'm tempted to write a small 20-30 page rough light novel of the story, along with a few pictures to go with it. (I'm not an artist, but can draw what I'm thinking of reasonably well. So it will help to demonstrate and present the story I'm trying to tell.)

(Contains no fan-service like apeal, but has a generally pree' cute ending)

Would anyone be actually interested in reading the result? I've always been a relatively decent story writer even through childhood (I'm 19 now) and will do my best to make in entertaining and a worthwhile read overall. Will probably take a while with work during the week and DJ'ing in town on the weekends. But il do my best to knock out/review a page every day.

-Thanks
Zondor

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Overview/Summery now written, Could post but will spoil entire plot.

Ca7chi
02-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi there, this is my first reply here XD
Yes, i am interested in your story.
I am studing design and i draw quite well, but I cant draw you your story :'( everytime i try to draw manga i fail -.- my trys they all seem more like american cartoons
Still, i am interested in your story

blueangel06661
02-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Probably the title of this thread...

yeah...

Yeah...

That was it.

The rest of the post might be just as bad.. But I didn't read any of it.

Ca7chi
02-11-2014, 08:37 PM
Rainbow Crash you are mean and I hope you hit the table leg with your foot's little finger

Kaleohano
02-11-2014, 08:43 PM
You gave virtually no description of what its about. You named a genre, thats it. If the commercials for a car simply had the words "sorts car" without a picture, performance specs, make, model, price, or any other description of the car, no one would be interested in it. You have to make a quick trailer explaining what the damned thing is about.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Rainbow Crash you are mean and I hope you hit the table leg with your foot's little finger

http://memecrunch.com/meme/7V3J/your-gay-bro/image.png

Ca7chi
02-11-2014, 08:46 PM
when this guy's story become popular, i think there will be 2 persons on the ''not to thank'' list XD

darkrider21
02-11-2014, 09:08 PM
bloodie harem highschool based sounds like high school of the dead to me but this is just my point of view

Anime Forum
02-11-2014, 11:16 PM
when this guy's story become popular, i think there will be 2 persons on the ''not to thank'' list XD

Do you think ANOTHER generic harem anime would get popular?

Kaleohano
02-11-2014, 11:50 PM

If its generic, no. So he's challenged in creating an anime that uses a genre plagued with overuse and repetitiveness, and make something unique and addicting...

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/fe/fe6e4391eed57c7329e79d65e288d6c1206eaf6a4d3e654f62 2841a310c092cc.jpg

Zainox
02-12-2014, 12:29 AM

I was unaware that feet had fingers?

blueangel06661
02-12-2014, 07:14 AM
I was unaware that feet had fingers?

I didn't know either. As such that has since became the most stupidest thing I've read all day.

Zondor
02-12-2014, 07:56 AM
The "retarded" aspect of it was that i'm essentially writing something that literally came to me in a dream.

Have held of on explaining the plot till I finalised it on paper. Purpose of original post was to check if anyone was actually interested in a light novel type thing.

Also how can something be generic when harem's are essentially a genre now, and I haven't even explained the plot, characters etc... if you stripped any anime down to it's base elements you could claim it's generic.
Kill-la-kill for instance is far from generic, but if I described its overall theme, which is along the lines of: "Fight the way to your top, sword, etchi, school thing" it would sound generic.

I will post plot etc tomorrow when I have finalised it better on paper.

Ca7chi
02-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Ok -.- I am from Portugal, and we dont distinguish fingers and toes... we call ''dedo'' to fingers and toes. That's why i wrote finger instead of toe.
I envy you guys... the stupidest thing you have read in an entire day was such an insignificant thing -.- i have to read things way more stupid than this every day.

blueangel06661
02-12-2014, 08:37 AM
Ok -.- I am from Portugal, and we dont distinguish fingers and toes... we call ''dedo'' to fingers and toes. That's why i wrote finger instead of toe.
I envy you guys... the stupidest thing you have read in an entire day was such an insignificant thing -.- i have to read things way more stupid than this every day.

It's because I read intelligent things. ;)

Ca7chi
02-12-2014, 08:44 AM
i admit defeat...

Zondor
02-12-2014, 08:48 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9dtkhP8eX1ryquz8o1_500.gif

DeathBlade/13.666
02-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Here. Insight yourself with something intelligent today. http://laboratoryequipment.tumblr.com/

As for the OP, I'll have my reservations about it until there's more about this. Otherwise it's just another harem high-school anime.

Albear
02-12-2014, 11:15 AM

I know this is not meant for me.. But.. Yes. Another generic harem could get popular. They are always cult hits. Never at the most popular section (unless it's something like High school of the dead) and never below radar. Girls like the romance stuff and guys like other stuff in the genre.
By now, people would stop making harem genres, but they are not. My reasons are only part of it too.

Kaleohano
02-12-2014, 08:26 PM
i admit defeat...

http://riquard.nl/wp-content/uploads/pwnd.jpg

Anime Forum
02-12-2014, 09:14 PM
I know this is not meant for me.. But.. Yes. Another generic harem could get popular. They are always cult hits. Never at the most popular section (unless it's something like High school of the dead) and never below radar. Girls like the romance stuff and guys like other stuff in the genre.
By now, people would stop making harem genres, but they are not. My reasons are only part of it too.

I don't know if I agree with harems always being cult hits as so many generic ones come out you might not even be aware of that are really unpopular. I can think of maybe ten and agree with you on those, but other than those? Pretty weak.