PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Looking for suggestions....

Coq
02-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Hello everyone!
So yes, I'm currently looking for a new anime to watch and I'm running out of ideas. I thought I'd make some kind of list for people to understand a bit what I like and don't like before suggesting.

My favourites :
- Gundamn Seed
- FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Steins Gate

I enjoyed:
- Bleach (skipping fillers)
- Naruto & Shippuden (skipping fillers again)
- Fooly Cooly
- Elfen Lied
- DBZ Kai (can't stand the looooooooooonnnnngggggggg originals though)
- Death Note season 1 (season 2 was meh)
- Code Geass

Mehs:
- Highschool of the Dead
- Black Lagoon
- Black Butler
- DMC
- Gundamn 00
- Gundamn...thingie (the sequel to Seed)

Dislike :
Anything focused mainly on Romance or pretty much any high schoolgirl stuff.

I also hate the ones that drag on (I enjoyed Bleach, Naruto and DBZ but I skip through honestly 1/4 of actual episodes and through ALL the fillers, the constant flashbacks and standing around drives me mad =P)

Anyway so if anyone has any idea that I would probably like, please feel free to let me know about it! I'm sure I have forgotten a bunch too, but you should get a pretty good idea of what I like anyway.

Thanks! =)

Albear
02-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Attack on Titan.
Kill la kill.
Cowboy Bebop.
Sword art online.

Those are some ”epic” anime I've seen. I'm mostly into school life comedy stuff. You should checkout the anime I listed.. If you haven't seen them.

Major.Tom
02-04-2014, 06:16 PM
First I second cowboy bebop, attack on titan and sword art online.
Then I add:
-Log Horizon
-Brave 10
-Devil may cry
-Hajime no Ippo
-Hunter x Hunter (2011 version has no fillers)
-Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate--> cannot reccomend this one enough! It is gold, pure gold
-Nurarihyon no mago
-Trigun
-Samurai Champloo
-Berserk
-Beelzebub

Zainox
02-04-2014, 06:40 PM
You may like these goodies~

Guilty Crown
Original - Full Metal Alchemist
Shingeki No Kyojin
Fate/Stay Night
Fate Zero
Hellsing
Mirai Nikki
Soul Eater

Albear
02-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Coq
Btw, kill la kill is not finished yet as it's brand new. Up to episode 16 right now. I'm not even at episode 10 myself, but I can tell you that it's good.

Coq
02-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys!
I guess I have a bunch of stuff to try out then!
I started looking into Sword Art Online, I've got mixed feelings about it. It's both awesome and absolutely unbearable (as I sadly often find animes to be =/)
I just always feel like it could so much better if they actually focused on the story and improved on it instead of wasting half the episodes on cheesy nonsense.

Well anyway it's still good though, I think I'll try Cowboy Bebop next since I've seen this mentioned a lot and SAO isn't very long.