PDA

View Full Version : Anime like Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom?

ADN
01-21-2014, 06:34 AM
I've been searching for something to go along for quite some time and didn't come to any good answer.

I like psychological, dark, tragedy, drama anime with a good sense of realism. Romance and other genres are also welcomed as long as they don't overtake the main theme of the series.

What I've liked watching until now (top = most favorite):
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebelion R1 and R2
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Mirai Nikki
Guilty Crown
Darker than Black
Elfen Lied
Death Note
and might be some others which I cannot remember at this point.

I'm casually watching Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, that is ok, though it does not give me the same feels as CG and Phantom did.

I've opened this post (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?116948-Anime-like-Code-Geass-Mirai-Nikki-Guilty-Crown) some time ago, so you can access more information regarding what I'm looking for if it's needed.

I also want to mention that I don't really support mecha or futuristic themes, though it sounds a little paradoxal considering my top list. Code Geass is the only one who I enjoyed having these genres.

Looking forward for suggestions,
ADN

Zainox
01-21-2014, 07:16 AM
I remember helping you out in that other post, seems I wasn't much help. :P
Let's see if I can change that this time.

Ergo Proxy
Full Metal Alchemist
Hellsing
Higurashi
Another
Kokoro Connect
Mnemosyne
Monster
Paranoia Agent
Perfect Blue
Tokko
Aku no Hana
Shiki
Shingeki No Kyojin
Canaan

GameGeeks
01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
Noir and Madlax come to mind.

ADN
01-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Hmmm more suggestions please?

Most of the recommandations are horror, which I don't think it stacks so good with dark drama I wish to find.
I also enjoy the innocence turning into guilt, assumation of it, sacrifice and connection between characters, these spiritual links Phantom succeeded in doing with Ein - Zwei - Drei, where they chain up their actions perfectly, filling each other's gaps.

GameGeeks
01-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Hmmm more suggestions please?

Most of the recommandations are horror, which I don't think it stacks so good with dark drama I wish to find.
I also enjoy the innocence turning into guilt, assumation of it, sacrifice and connection between characters, these spiritual links Phantom succeeded in doing with Ein - Zwei - Drei, where they chain up their actions perfectly, filling each other's gaps.
Try the two I suggested. Neither are horror. You could also try Gunslinger Girl.

Pirouette
01-21-2014, 01:35 PM
- Black Lagoon
- Psycho-Pass

ADN
01-24-2014, 02:24 PM
refresh

ADN
03-08-2014, 07:12 AM
refresh
seems i cannot find anything related to what i had in mind
regardless, i'm searching for an anime with a male main character accompanied by a female one, something close to the anime i've listed on the opening post. preferably no sci-fi genre. also romance would be good as long as it's not the main theme. some decent storyline would be great too

Executioner
04-16-2014, 02:43 PM
El Cazador De La Bruja (you can get it from funimation)
Noir (you can get it from funimation/Adv films)
Madlax (you can get it from Adv films)
Gun Grave (My second fav anime) (you can get it from Geneon but its also available from funimation)
Gankutsuou (you can get it from Geneon)
NaNa (You can get it from viz media)
ZetMan (you can get it from viz media)

AbedFa
04-17-2014, 02:13 AM
refresh
seems i cannot find anything related to what i had in mind
regardless, i'm searching for an anime with a male main character accompanied by a female one, something close to the anime i've listed on the opening post. preferably no sci-fi genre. also romance would be good as long as it's not the main theme. some decent storyline would be great too

If that's the case, then I think the types you prefer might be:
Shakugan no Shana
Higashi no Eden
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Noragami

I think the first two are highly the ones you're looking for
The 3rd is kinda romance with drama
and lastly, Noragami, 2 main male chars accompanied by a girl which I don't think is romantic at all

Aznen
05-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Kuroshitsuji ,Blassrieter (not so popular but really nice series), Vampire Knights..

These are some of my fav I think you should watch them..