PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon or One Piece?

Anime Forum
01-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Two anime famous for the amount of episodes that have been released. Some like these shows and some hate them. I'm no longer a fan of either, but which of these two anime do think will end first in Japan and why? (In terms of anime and not video games / manga).

GameGeeks
01-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Depends on when the manga ends or the Pokemon games start not doing well.

ayameui
01-20-2014, 01:50 AM
One piece, I don't know why I just have a feeling it is

Zainox
01-20-2014, 04:47 AM
I find this a very good question. Well at book 62 (I think it was, I know it's 60-something) Oda announced he was half way through his manga. He started back in 1999, that volume probably would have been created 2013 (at a guess). That's 14 years and only half way through, so there's a possible 14 more years of One Piece coming. But Pokemon also shows no slowing, with the anime and games still being very successful. I would say One Piece, I'm not sure Pokemon can stand another 14 years.

GameGeeks
01-20-2014, 12:31 PM
I find this a very good question. Well at book 62 (I think it was, I know it's 60-something) Oda announced he was half way through his manga. He started back in 1999, that volume probably would have been created 2013 (at a guess). That's 14 years and only half way through, so there's a possible 14 more years of One Piece coming. But Pokemon also shows no slowing, with the anime and games still being very successful. I would say One Piece, I'm not sure Pokemon can stand another 14 years.
Except Pokemon has been going on for 18 years and still selling over 10 million copies per main games, except the last two. The Black/White 2 might just be it's a sequel and X and Y might be due to the 3DS. I expect the next one will sell over 10 million if they release it on the DS as well. So I say it could easily go on for another 14 years. After all Mario is at 28 years, Zelda is at 27, Mega Man is at 26, etc. So game series have shown they can last nearly three decades and those games don't show any signs of slowing down.

Pokemon Sales Figures (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon)

Zainox
01-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Except Pokemon has been going on for 18 years and still selling over 10 million copies per main games, except the last two. The Black/White 2 might just be it's a sequel and X and Y might be due to the 3DS. I expect the next one will sell over 10 million if they release it on the DS as well. So I say it could easily go on for another 14 years. After all Mario is at 28 years, Zelda is at 27, Mega Man is at 26, etc. So game series have shown they can last nearly three decades and those games don't show any signs of slowing down.

Pokemon Sales Figures (http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pokemon)

Oh, no doubt the games will keep going, they will boost in sales once they finally make a open world Pokemon. But I feel the anime itself is nearing to a close. It's not as popular as it once was and their is only so much you can do with Ash in it (don't remember Japanese name). Unless the games themselves somehow manage to drag this much dragged out series.

GameGeeks
01-20-2014, 02:18 PM
Oh, no doubt the games will keep going, they will boost in sales once they finally make a open world Pokemon. But I feel the anime itself is nearing to a close. It's not as popular as it once was and their is only so much you can do with Ash in it (don't remember Japanese name). Unless the games themselves somehow manage to drag this much dragged out series.
The same could be said of One Piece though. Even it's loosing popularity. And Pokemon has the ability to keep trying new things without it looking out of place. I personally don't see the One Piece anime lasting another 14 years. So I choose to compare their original form. Hence picking Pokemon over One Piece. Anime just doesn't do well dragged out. Look at Bleach and Naruto. Least with the Pokemon anime the only consistent was Ash, Pikachu and, for the most part, Brock. You kept getting new Pokemon, companions, etc. Though like you said this has started to wear down. Now the Manga of One Piece still is going strong but the anime has lost steam. Though take the popularity decline with a grain of salt. Just what I've observed as a whole and I can't find any evidence one way or another since all searches bring up the manga.

Zainox
01-20-2014, 02:26 PM
The same could be said of One Piece though. Even it's loosing popularity. And Pokemon has the ability to keep trying new things without it looking out of place. I personally don't see the One Piece anime lasting another 14 years. So I choose to compare their original form. Hence picking Pokemon over One Piece. Anime just doesn't do well dragged out. Look at Bleach and Naruto. Least with the Pokemon anime the only consistent was Ash, Pikachu and, for the most part, Brock. You kept getting new Pokemon, companions, etc. Though like you said this has started to wear down. Now the Manga of One Piece still is going strong but the anime has lost steam. Though take the popularity decline with a grain of salt. Just what I've observed as a whole and I can't find any evidence one way or another since all searches bring up the manga.

I see your point, if he did plan to double his manga from 62 and he did make it there it would be about 120 volumes. I've never heard of a manga with that many volumes before. Plus anime has a tendency to die out before the manga is complete. So even if the manga stayed popular there is always the chance the anime could die off instead. If he manages to keep it interesting for that long, maybe. But I do know how much people hate on long run series', the longer it goes, the more flac it will cop.

WNHK
01-20-2014, 07:11 PM
One Piece! As for the video games.. pokemon. They need a good One Piece rpg!

~OTAKYU~
01-21-2014, 10:40 PM
When i was smaller Pokemon but when i became older One Piece xD