PDA

View Full Version : First anime to make me cry T_T

Dannyboy212
01-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Hey everybody! Recently got into romantic/comedy anime series this year. Boy am I glad I got into them. Honestly, I like almost all animes that don't use the older style of art, are exciting/interesting, and have a good soundtrack. So i recently finished watching Sakurasou (Sakurasou no pet na kanojo) and honestly I loved it (although I love every anime series). What was special about this one is it was the first to make me cry. And I never cry because of anime. Angel Beats was close but there was just something about this one that I can't put my finger on. This was also the first anime that I didn't give me the depressed feeling at the end (ok maybe just a little). Instead it made me want to celebrate with them. I just felt like it was complete and could end without a second season (although I do wish for another one).

So I have a few questions for you:

1. Which anime was the first to make you cry and why?

2. After an anime series ends, do you ever feel depressed because you were so attached to the characters? I know I do.

3. What are some REALLY good animes that go in depth with multiple characters like Sakurasou did and have a good plot to them? (I'd prefer ecchi/fan service but it's not required). Can be any genre

Ohyeah
01-17-2014, 04:27 AM
Men don't cry, period :cool:
Your mind need to go out of it and do something that's fun and cool ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ30w9R3XEY
Edit:
Yeah..... pat pat...
Have fun... lolllllll! I'm out :)

Zainox
01-17-2014, 04:37 AM
1 - my first was Grave of the fireflies, I can't say why I cried because that would spoil it for the few who haven't seen it.

2 - I do sometimes, but only with really good anime that end really well.

3 - Steins;Gate, Shingeki No Kyojin, Full Metal Alchemist,

星らぶ
01-17-2014, 05:23 AM
1. Casshern sins
2. yes
3. errr I dont know ><

Dannyboy212
01-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Men don't cry, period :cool:

Only real men cry :cool:

Ohyeah
01-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Only real men cry :cool:
No. Only wimps cry ;)
Encouraging it, is evil and shameful :)
Should do something else, here, Sonic 3, knock yourself out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-oHyHxZBLA

~OTAKYU~
01-21-2014, 05:12 AM
1. AHAHAHAH i have not cried because of an Anime yet but i become sad sometimes

2. Only once when Riku from Blood+ died

Idiotchan
01-30-2014, 10:46 AM
There are more shows that made me cry.
For me, Clannad is the saddest anime ever. I cried a lot...A LOT.
Angel Beats and Grave of the fireflies were also very sad. And Garden on words, beyond the clouds - the promised place, 5 centimeters per second and Voices of a distand star....

Clayton_n
01-31-2014, 03:53 PM
I don't really do the crying thing, but Kanon got close.

Lamthyr
02-02-2014, 03:04 AM
1. Angel Beats... too sad for me. =(
2.Yeah, sometimes.
3.Dunno.

darkrider21
02-11-2014, 08:46 PM
first anime that made me cry was my first anime i ever watched fruits basket

Lord Xasthur
02-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Chobits made me cry.

Burnt Toast
02-28-2014, 04:58 PM
1. Angel Beats, the ending just made me sob.

2. Rarely but yes, I feel that way with Attack on Titan right now. :(

Lonely Fujoshin-chan
03-01-2014, 04:15 AM
Omg, I am the type that likes to cry when watching anime. I think its bc I empathise too easily, oh well. Can't help it.
So its been Fruits Basket (more the manga than the anime), Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (esp. when Jiraiya died), One Piece (when almost every character tells of their very heart-breaking past), Sakurasou, Black Rock Shooter (don't ask me why...), Eureka 7, Fairy Tail, Guilty Crown, Hunter x Hunter, Soul Eater (Crona), Steins; Gate, Vampire Night (dunno why), Evangelion...
I feel like such a wimp, lol.:banghead:
I think Full Metal Alchemist was the first though, love that anime. It also goes into a lot of depth.

Velvet_Nightmare
03-01-2014, 05:19 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist made me bawl [everyone should know which part I'm talking about...]. The only other ones that made me tear up were Ga Rei: Zero and Voices From A Distant Star. If you wanna be technical, watching the trailer for "The Wind Rises" made me cry a bit.

JasinElric
03-01-2014, 08:40 PM
1. Which anime was the first to make you cry and why?
Elfen Lied. Manly tears were shed in almost every episode. Then I read the Manga and I think I could grow crops with the manly tears.

2. After an anime series ends, do you ever feel depressed because you were so attached to the characters? I know I do.
It's like any other relationship. The more time you devote, the harder it is to let go when it's over.

3. What are some REALLY good animes that go in depth with multiple characters like Sakurasou did and have a good plot to them? (I'd prefer ecchi/fan service but it's not required). Can be any genre
I'm drawing a blank on this one. Any anime with 200+ episodes are bound to have in depth character development with multiple characters.

kotov9syndrome
03-03-2014, 09:49 AM
idk if you mean sobbing or like tearing. but Major teared me up in the first few episodes, no spoilers though. Yeah animes get me attached HARDDDD. Prince of Tennis, FMA:B, Cowboy Bebop, AOT, One Piece (not over obviously), etc. The anime that made me the most depressed though was definitely Berserk. I was so attached to that show, haha

Riverflower
03-06-2014, 05:29 AM
1. One Piece

2. I did, but fortunatly it is still ongoing. And I have watched it three times :redface:

3. Oh, there is quite a few. Like Evangelion, Naruto, Clannad. Many more

Ai-no-Miko
03-13-2014, 10:55 PM
It was probably Gundam Wing, and I don't remember why because that was close to 12 years ago now.
The one I do remember tearing up at though was Fullmetal Alchemist, and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood both times because of this:
Maes Hues' death and funeral scene. Elisia screaming at them not to bury her father just rips apart my heart.

Sympathy
03-14-2014, 09:33 PM
anime? make me cry?

sir, are you high?

darksky967
03-15-2014, 06:07 PM
guys I'm crying

because she's so kawaii:
https://pp.vk.me/c606028/v606028222/36f7/y3ZYsbU1q9M.jpg