PDA

View Full Version : Anime Stereotypes and Cliches: From A-Z

OhMyAmethyst
12-10-2013, 01:20 AM
w A r N i N g: WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO READ IS EXTREMELY OVERUSED AND ACCURATE IN ALMOST EVERY... FRIGGIN'...ANIME

Let's begin, shall we? Starting with:

1. The one with the glasses who's eyes never show, but he use his fingers to push up his glasses whenever making a valid statement or analysing a situation

2.The big t*ttied clumsy girl who either is A. Super narrow-minded, B. A Klutz or C. Wearing glasses and incredibly shy and gets groped a lot because people acknowledge that her boobs are huge

3. The supposive character who is the exact age as them, but looks like a prepubescent girl with an EXTREMELY high voice

4. Or, if the role was reversed, then it's a seemingly fully grown man, who is claimed to be in the same age group as a teenager

5. The Gothic Lolita, that is either very cold-hearted or a total badass

6. The Badass

7. The Loud mouth girl, who freaks out whenever her words are eaten or if somebody shoots down her logic

8. Twins, definitely

9. The cutesy, pink haired "look how big my eyes can f*ckin get" type, who's actually really dumb but still is considered adorable or even a bit of a crybaby

10. THE ABSOLUTELY LETHEROUS, PERVERTED, OBNXIOUS BEST FRIEND WHO'S ALWAYS PUTTING IDEAS IN THAT FRIEND'S THUS MAKING IT SEEM LIKE HE'S NOT THE PERVERT. VERY APPARENT.

11. The rich, classy, dainty attractive one who's somewhat self-obsorbed but at times want to put there 2 cents in

12. The unappealing, unattractive, bowl cut hair, pimple faced fat loser

13.The normal one who has low self-estwem issues or doesn't really stand out

14. The creep who kinda sits and lurks in that background listening to the conversation

15. The sexy one who's actually really useless

16. The Tsundere

17. The Yandere (character who fits the archetype of being genuinely romantic, loving, kind, merciful, sparing, sweet and gentle, but is at the same time brutal, psychotic or deranged in behavior.)

18. The overly sensitive, shrieky, one better known as the "moe" character who is just too cute for her own good and is every upper-class high schooler's/pedo's dream

My god, the list goes on and on...

Look at this list and tell me they don't essesively reuse these characteristics??

Clayton_n
12-20-2013, 03:40 PM
There's actually a book about this. http://www.amazon.com/How-To-Be-Anime-Character/dp/1441451803/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387575614&sr=8-1&keywords=How+to+be+an+anime+character

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/Clayton_n/comice.gif

星らぶ
12-21-2013, 01:31 AM
hmm all these you listed are hardly in any of the anime I have seen possibly is the genre you prefer ?

take for instance my all time fav anime Sailor Moon, not a single of those things are in it :)

Albear
12-21-2013, 01:54 AM
hmm all these you listed are hardly in any of the anime I have seen possibly is the genre you prefer ?

take for instance my all time fav anime Sailor Moon, not a single of those things are in it :)

Usagi/Serena was badass despite being shown as an odd, clumsy person. Rei was an earlier version of a Tsundere....

Here are some more stereotypes:

1) The very eccentric or strange girl that happens to be very smart.
2) If she is rich, she will most likely be blonde.
3) The 5 minute long inner speech the main guy will say before destroying his opponent in a final blast of power.. that he somehow doesn't know of until the last minute.
4) One of my favorites: The main character sitting on a desk by the window.

星らぶ
12-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Usagi/Serena was badass despite being shown as an odd, clumsy person. Rei was an earlier version of a Tsundere....

hmm I wouldn't consider Usagi a badass, powerful yes, but not a badass, she never liked fighting. As for Rei, from what I read on wiki that tsundere means, Rei is not cold and gets warm later with anyone, she is strict with Usagi, she is very warm with Haruka :P and she is always mad with Yuichirou but she doesn't change in the long term.
totally my opinion though ^^;

Albear
12-21-2013, 02:19 AM
hmm I wouldn't consider Usagi a badass, powerful yes, but not a badass, she never liked fighting. As for Rei, from what I read on wiki that tsundere means, Rei is not cold and gets warm later with anyone, she is strict with Usagi, she is very warm with Haruka :P and she is always mad with Yuichirou but she doesn't change in the long term.
totally my opinion though ^^;

I see. To me, you don't need to like fighting (or even fight at all) to be badass. Usagi's courage to stand when needed is enough.
Hmm, I guess you are right. I just saw her as a headstrong and somewhat mean person.... traits found among Tsundere characters.

星らぶ
12-21-2013, 02:44 AM
I see. To me, you don't need to like fighting (or even fight at all) to be badass. Usagi's courage to stand when needed is enough.
Hmm, I guess you are right. I just saw her as a headstrong and somewhat mean person.... traits found among Tsundere characters.

hmm in that way Usagi being badass makes sense I guess.
as for Rei, poor her she is the most misunderstood and hated character ahahahah