PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode 7

Kirito
12-05-2013, 01:31 AM
What do you guys think Disney is gonna do with Star Wars episode 7? Do you think it will be good or bad? And do you think they will completely ruin it and the rest to come? Any ideas for your own story for the movie? Let me know!!

Anime Forum
12-05-2013, 01:47 AM
Just had a discussion about this topic with my brother the other day actually and we both agreed that Luke and Leia need to get in shape if they ever get called for this movie because they both look lackluster for those massive Star Wars roles.

Zainox
12-05-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm not sure. I haven't read what they plan to do with it yet. The Star Wars universe is massive, so there are many routes they can take with this. I think they have a lot of judgement on them right now, they will have to nail this or it will flop.

Ranshiin
12-05-2013, 07:12 AM
I think it'll flop, because no matter how much effort they put into it, the fans of the original Episodes are going to nitpick at everything that's wrong or missing, even down to the point of probably having to use new actors for characters or because they'll hark the CGI is 'tacky'.

Y'know, those fans. They're going to pick at everything.

Zainox
12-05-2013, 08:15 AM
I think it'll flop, because no matter how much effort they put into it, the fans of the original Episodes are going to nitpick at everything that's wrong or missing, even down to the point of probably having to use new actors for characters or because they'll hark the CGI is 'tacky'.

True, people do that with almost everything these days though. Look at all the crap Marvel/DC character movies get, not to mention Avengers and soon to be Justice League. But they still came out with a lot of sales.

You never know how things will turn out these days.

Anime Forum
12-05-2013, 09:19 PM

I agree with this, but it being on par with the original three is a task the newer three could not do.

Haoie
12-05-2013, 11:45 PM
It happened to Trek, it may as well happen to Wars.

aether
12-06-2013, 01:45 AM
So long as it's not essentially a huge pandering propaganda to the fans and the plot makes sense and fits in with the others then I can't see why it will be bad. However I do worry that the film is just a money milking machine to make more from the franchise

.:neuko:.
12-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Actually I'm optimistic that Disney will do a good job at the Star Wars franchise. I used to be into the Narnia books and I thought Disney's film interpretations of those were very faithful. I know it's not quite the same thing, but I don't think a company like Disney with their reputation can afford to screw this up.

However, I'm done with Star Wars. As far as I'm concerned, episode 6 was the proper ending; otherwise can I see the Jedi-Sith thing going on and on and on. They'll always be Jedi, and they'll always be Sith. No side will ever be extinct because that in itself would bring an imbalance to the force.

Wio
12-06-2013, 09:15 PM
It happened to Trek, it may as well happen to Wars.

The Trek movies took the Trek IP and made an action movie that would have make more sense as an original IP. Star Trek was all about using the Sci Fi genre to push a bunch of 60's era rhetoric on unsuspecting nerds. The recent movies are just action movies without any sort messages beyond Hollywood cliches such as: mavericks are awesome, explosions are amazing, time travel is confusing, and if we are using big words it means we are really smart. On top of that it is a reboot, so they didn't even need to be all that loyal to the source material.

Star Wars is already an action adventure. I think Star Wars is a toxic IP that should be avoided, unless your plan is to less a lot of toys and video games. Any story that makes a good Star Wars film would probably be an even better film were it to be an original IP.

International 4-8818
12-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Honestly after ep. 1, 2, and 3, there is no other way but up for Disney. Disney is allowing Lucas to be creative director which is good but I think not having Lucas in charge anymore is the best thing. I know lucas wanted to sculpt the same experience of Star Wars for a younger generation, which he did, but he did not really cater any of it at all to his past generation of fans. So honestly, as much as everyone is booing disney and saying they will do a bad job, I feel they will do a better job than he did. Disney pays a lot of attention to detail and they will do a damn better job of casting than Lucas. Seriously, 1, 2, and 3 had some horrible acting.