PDA

View Full Version : Favorite brand of tools and why?

kagome122885
11-16-2013, 05:25 PM
We all have tools at home for repairs and projects. I try to buy any tools that are made in the USA but my favorite brand of tools is Craftsman because of their lifetime guaranty on many of their hand tools. I would like to know what your favorite brand is and why?

AllHopeInEclipse
11-16-2013, 09:50 PM
We all have tools at home for repairs and projects. I try to buy any tools that are made in the USA but my favorite brand of tools is Craftsman because of their lifetime guaranty on many of their hand tools. I would like to know what your favorite brand is and why?

This is a super random question...but I like it. I also favor Craftsman because I can take broken ratchets all day to sears and get them replaced. I also like whatever brand Harbor Freight carries, because they're cheap enough that if they break its not really a loss. If I had the coin, I'd have Snap-On for days though.

DOOM!
11-17-2013, 08:55 AM
For turn keys, spanners and the likes, Beta42. Drill bits: Dormer. Drill machines: DeWalt, Makita. Hand grinders: Hilti, Milwawkee.
Dinamometric turners: Beta 42. Screweres: Hilti and Makita
I like my stuff to be hard and durable.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-17-2013, 10:22 AM
For hand tools: Craftsmen, Stanley, and Snap-on are what I use the most. Great warranties and they last well. I also have a liking for Mac Tools and I'm looking at getting some Proto tools from my dad. For the same reasons plus the proto tools my dad has are mainly for tractors and farm equipment, which some of which I can use on aircraft. For power tools: certain Black & Decker model drills and electric drivers (which have extra gears for more torque and can handle denser material), and Milwaukee nothing else seems to drill well through thick and dense material quite like they do. For my electrical testing equipment, Fluke all the way. Nobody makes a more accurate and durable meter than Fluke.

DOOM!
11-17-2013, 10:49 AM
For power tools: certain Black & Decker model drills and electric drivers (which have extra gears for more torque and can handle denser material), and Milwaukee nothing else seems to drill well through thick and dense material quite like they do.
Care to put those to the test against a DeWalt power drill? Those things last through the ages and will break your drill before they'll let a metal surface slow them down.
Also, Black & Decker tools are shyte. Either that or the European "exports" they make are inferior.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Care to put those to the test against a DeWalt power drill? Those things last through the ages and will break your drill before they'll let a metal surface slow them down.
Also, Black & Decker tools are shyte. Either that or the European "exports" they make are inferior.
Sure, I doubt it'll outperform the Black & Decker and Milwaukee drills my dad has. And you are correct, most of them do suck (big time) but there are a few that are worthwhile and worth having his just has more and better gearing for more torque application. Then again most of that stuff is from the '70s and '80s.

DOOM!
11-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Sure, I doubt it'll outperform the Black & Decker and Milwaukee drills my dad has. And you are correct, most of them do suck (big time) but there are a few that are worthwhile and worth having his just has more and better gearing for more torque application. Then again most of that stuff is from the '70s and '80s.
They'll never make 'em like they used to again. Better dust and oil those if you want your grandchildren to be able to build their own nuke shelter in the future.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-18-2013, 12:23 PM
They'll never make 'em like they used to again. Better dust and oil those if you want your grandchildren to be able to build their own nuke shelter in the future.
Oh they are well maintained, I assure you. We just re-greased and replaced some stuff on the ol' electric screwdriver not that long ago. Damn thing still beats some of the drills I've seen.

International 4-8818
11-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Ikea. Not my favorite but it is kinda like your mother. it was convenient and cheap.