PDA

View Full Version : Contest: Win a 25 Dollar Amazon Gift Card!

Anime Forum
11-16-2013, 01:21 AM
Was there ever an item on amazon you wanted to purchase and you just never had free money lying around? Maybe an addition or a start to an anime collection? Possibly a book or something else? Starting December 1st I will be hosting an event that will last all the way through December 31st that will give you the chance to win the code of the card I purchase! Rules have yet to be fully thought through, but the contest will center around the idea of reviewing an anime of my choice and the best review in terms of quality will win that card! The prized card will be sent through PM on AF post victory. I have determined that one of these four anime shows will be the topic of this contest:

Angel Beats
Death Note
Gosick
Toradora

Though this contest benefits you, it is an idea I formed in hopes this section and Anime Globe gains a spike in popularity!

Questions? Ask away.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-17-2013, 10:26 AM
1) Haven't these already been reviewed?
2) Are you looking for super serious reviews, or can ones that are funny enter too?
3) What's the expiration date for the code?

Anime Forum
11-17-2013, 02:14 PM
1) Haven't these already been reviewed?
2) Are you looking for super serious reviews, or can ones that are funny enter too?
3) What's the expiration date for the code?

1: Gosick maybe not, but the rest most likely. I chose those certain anime shows due to the popularity some of them have and even casual anime fans who do not watch much anime can still enter this contest.

2: They should be well made. If you are able to write a review that focuses on comedy and is extremely well made then go for it. Though, a serious review may go over better.

3: Can't answer that as tbe contest has yet to start. If you get a code on Dec 31st an decide not to use it til 2015, then you may face an expiration issue.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-17-2013, 03:00 PM
I guess one had better get to watching said anime...

Hanamaru Kunikida
11-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Don't you think it's better to review one of this season's anime?

Anime Forum
11-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Don't you think it's better to review one of this season's anime?

Not exactly. I picked four popular anime due to the fact that this is my first stab at a contest like this in the review section and I want to be certain that people will take part. Now even the most casual anime fan can take part in this contest even if you don't watch anime or have time to catch up on new anime titles. Not to mention that I would rather people review an anime that is already competed.

Hanamaru Kunikida
11-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Not exactly. I picked four popular anime due to the fact that this is my first stab at a contest like this in the review section and I want to be certain that people will take part. Now even the most casual anime fan can take part in this contest even if you don't watch anime or have time to catch up on new anime titles. Not to mention that I would rather people review an anime that is already competed.

Yeah, that makes sense. Fair enough.

If that was the case, I would pick more mainstream anime but those works too.

Anime Forum
11-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. Fair enough.

If that was the case, I would pick more mainstream anime but those works too.

Mainstream as in anime titles like Naruto? I'm not confident if people would want to force themselves to watch a 200+ episode anime in one month time. It isn't impossible, but I want to at least let people enjoy watching the show. Also, people may be busy so a 200+ episode anime contest in this short period of time may be pushing it.

Hanamaru Kunikida
11-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Mainstream as in anime titles like Naruto? I'm not confident if people would want to force themselves to watch a 200+ episode anime in one month time. It isn't impossible, but I want to at least let people enjoy watching the show. Also, people may be busy so a 200+ episode anime contest in this short period of time may be pushing it.

Definitely not like Naruto, especially since you said the series needed to be completed.

Probably something like Code Geass or TTGL. Your selections works too though. While I know about Gosick, I wouldn't consider it something "casual" watch it.

But I mean do you, it's your contest.

Anime Forum
11-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Definitely not like Naruto, especially since you said the series needed to be completed.

Probably something like Code Geass or TTGL. Your selections works too though. While I know about Gosick, I wouldn't consider it something "casual" watch it.

But I mean do you, it's your contest.

Naruto is considered complete though at 220 episodes which is why I threw that out on the table.

Gosick is actually ranked 118 on MAL as most watched anime of all time, but I chose that anime due to other reasons. Just remember that I'm choosing one of the four so Gosick is nowhere near the confirmed choice.

I'll consider Code Geass and Gurren Lagaan next time though alright!