PDA

View Full Version : I've heard some Christians say that Pokemon is demonic.

Animedude5555
11-13-2013, 09:08 PM
They say it promotes satanic things like like sorcery and magic, because the creatures use supernatural powers, like fire and lightning.

What do you guys think? Is Pokemon a dark mysticism inspired show? Were the people who created the show and the game subliminally influenced by the powers of darkness, into creating this game and show that promotes the dark arts?

AllHopeInEclipse
11-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Growing up in the bible belt taught me one thing: Most Christians don't know what the hell they are talking about. Besides, anyone who thinks lightning and fire are 'supernatural' aren't to be believed anyway. Pretty sure those are very natural lol.

GameGeeks
11-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Eh, in the 80's they claimed D&D was satanic. So no surprise they'd try to find something new.

Tenrou Nogitsune
11-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Eh, in the 80's they claimed D&D was satanic. So no surprise they'd try to find something new.

[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-leYc4oC83E

星らぶ
11-13-2013, 10:58 PM
most anime (pokemon included) being written and produced by Japanese with Japanese background, it is more natural for them to use Shintoism, Buddhism, or other Asian based religions as references than Christianity.

That said, if someone looks at Christianity's history is full of "demonizing" everything out of their league and sometimes even within their league.

Here sailor moon was blamed for passing satanic messages because of her hand gesture

and Dragonball also was finally banned from morning TV (the last episodes broadcasted were pushed to after midnight) because of some of the monsters having horns so they were classified by church as satans.

marisauna
11-16-2013, 05:08 PM
It's OK. This happened when I was a kid with D&D and He-Man. Don't let it get to you.

jessicaysabelle
11-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Demonic? Please.
I'm a Christian myself, and I absolutely love Pokemon; my Christian parents don't mind it at all.
From any perspective, if one is religious or not, I can't see why being involved and/or interested with Pokemon or anything 'supernatural' would be demonic/satanic. I mean, isn't the Bible filled with supernatural things (that shouldn't be scientifically possible) anyway? Virgin Mary gave birth to a Son who performed many miracles, such as feeding 5000 people with just seven loaves of bread and a fish, walking on water, rising from the dead, etc.

I guess Christians just shouldn't believe in supernatural things that aren't in the bible; so we shouldn't believe that Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Harry Potter, etc. is real. It's just sort of what I think though. I see nothing wrong with simply enjoying these things as long as we don't worship them or anything. But then again, I'm only fourteen and I still have a lot to learn about God and Christianity in itself.

.:neuko:.
11-22-2013, 06:23 PM
So what else is new? Within most religions you'll find there's always some over-zealous minority who interpret a book to the extreme, and then enforce their interpretations on others. In this case, the minority in question are called Jehova's Witnesses.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to summon the demonic Jigglypuff, and for that I'll be sacrificing one of my children.

Kagome
12-01-2013, 05:00 PM
[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-leYc4oC83E

This is totally a perfect representation of what happened at most of my D&D sessions. ::Snerks!::

But yeah...Pokémon? Satanic? Err...even for the few people who are loony, over zealous Christians that's far fetched.

Miss Moonlight
12-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Everything that isn't in the bible is demonic to most christians, including harry potter.

RyuTama
12-02-2013, 06:34 AM
I always laugh at this topic. Mostly because it reminds me of a time when my mom didn't want me watching Pokémon because all she saw was cute little animals fighting to the death. Even as a 10-12 year old I remember giving her the most incredulous look whenever she would bring it up. She was even more wary about me playing the videogames because she thought I'd end up trying to electrocute our cat or something.

I've spent quite a lot of my free time messing with "demonic" stuff, like playing Pokémon and D&D, reading Harry Potter, and studying non-Western religions.

I guess I like to live dangerously.