PDA

View Full Version : Anime Games

spikey
07-19-2004, 08:16 AM
yo sup wanna talk about anime games?
ive just completed gotcha force on games cube

Obsidian Joy
07-19-2004, 10:25 AM
This should be moved to the video game section. My favorite anime game would be Guilty Gear X.

spikey
07-19-2004, 10:29 AM
cant say ive played it whats it about?

spikey
07-19-2004, 10:32 AM
could u tell me how 2 get a pic underneath my signature please?

XxgangstaxX
07-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Do not double post please and I have so much so i can not say them. :D

Rem
07-19-2004, 04:36 PM
i didnt know guilty gear was an anime but anime based games tend to suck the best one i have played was probably inuyash even if it was just a watered down street fighter

Sophonax
07-20-2004, 02:47 AM
Moved to game forum..
And spikey, questions in the site issues forum..

Obsidian Joy
07-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by spikey@Jul 19 2004, 11:29 AM
cant say ive played it whats it about?
In the 22nd Century, mankind succeeded in harnessing the power of magic, which provided for a limitless source of natural energy. Scientific thought, as it was known, was outlawed throughout the world. But warring among the nations continued, and eventually, a new breed of amazingly powerful biological weapons was developed. This was the birth of the "Gears".

One day, from among the ranks of there slave-like Gears, a rebel appeared, declaring himsilf capable of independent thought. This powerful being possessed awesome fighting ability, and went by the name "Justice". Enlisting an army of fellow Gears from around the globe, he declared war on the human race. In opposition, humankind formed the Sacred Order of Holy Knights, whose sole purpose was to crush the Gear rebellion and wage a Holy War against the renegade humanoids. After a period of countless battles, which came to be know as the crusades, Justice was eventually banished to an impenetrable dimensional prison, and the remaining Gears, now leaderless, were hunted down one by one...

Five years later, a morbid sense of fear that Justice had been resurrected enveloped the world. The Union of Nations, who looked gravely upon the current state of affairs, organized an international fighting tournament to select members suitable enough for inclusion in the Sacred Order of Holy Knights. It was a cruel and suspisous affair, wherein criminal were allowed to compete and shedding blood during battles was not only permitted, but common...

In the year 2180, Justice-the most powerful and diabolical Gear ever to have been encountered by humans-was defeated in the international fighting tournament. The remaning Gears, now leaderless, were hunted dwon and eliminated. Humankind was finally free from the catastrophic menace brought on by the Gears.

However...less than a year after the incident, information about the discovery of a particular Gear rose to the public's attention. The report stated, "This Gear is functioning properly, even though its activities should be inhibited by its lack of leadership. There are no signs of abnormalities or physical damage. It is also noted that no civilians have been harmed, either intentionally or accidentally. We have made several attepmts to eliminate the Gear, but due to its tremendous combat capabilities, we have been unseccessful. The number of casualties has yet to be confirmed. We are currently keeping the Gear under surveillance". Gears are biological weapons that are programmed to blindly obey the orders given to them by their commander. In the absence of orders, they become passive and behave peacefully. However, all existing Gears have been had their memories erased by Justice, and without orders, they are incabable of doing anything. Not only do they lack the instinct to protect themselves, they cannot even perform the essential activities they need to keep themselves alive. As long as a Gears is functioning properly, it should be following commands given by Justice. Undeerstandably, the news of this Gear that seemed to have a will of its own stunned everyone. Humans became terrified by the possible emergence of a second self-reliant Gear like Justice. To make matters worse, rumors were flying that each nation was in possesion of their own Gears for the purpose of military use, driving anti-Gear sentiment among humans to an all-time high. They would not give up their long-awaited peace so easily, and soon an announcment was made:

Whosoever brings about the demise of this dreadful Gear shall be rewarded with the lofty sum of 500,000 World Dollars!

So thats what Guilty Gear X is about :D

Rem
07-20-2004, 04:17 PM
to sum up its a 2-d fighting game that gives street fighter a run for its money

spikey
07-22-2004, 11:05 AM
thanx has any1 played harvest moon

Shadowstarr
07-22-2004, 12:11 PM
i've played harvest moon b4. i have it 4 GBA. it's ok. i stopped palying it cause now i'm finding it boring. but since i havn't played it in anwhile i might play it again soon. but ya.

spikey
07-24-2004, 05:59 AM
ure right it does get borin but its a laugh

Rem
07-25-2004, 05:01 PM
i love harvest moon i have it on psx and like three gba games of it :)

wing 7
07-26-2004, 06:22 PM
i own a game called orphan scion of sorrecery its good its based on the anime orphan i woulkd like to see the anime one time i saw one of the movies in a store but i couldnrt get it

LXnekket
07-28-2004, 03:47 PM
The Naruto games for Ps2 and GameCube look fantastic. I wish they could get imported. ;_;

Rem
07-28-2004, 04:36 PM
they are porting the one for game cube. i dont have many details on it tho

Rokoji
08-02-2004, 08:54 PM
THE NARUTO GAME IS TYTE. NARUTO KOHO NOSENKI

spikey
08-05-2004, 02:17 PM
how do i get a pic by my signature!!!?

Manhattan_Project_2000
08-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by spikey@Aug 5 2004, 02:17 PM
how do i get a pic by my signature!!!?
I&#39;d tell you... but this isn&#39;t the place to ask the question. :<_<:

Rem
08-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by spikey@Aug 5 2004, 03:17 PM
how do i get a pic by my signature&#33;&#33;&#33;?

you have asked this befor and since every one has been to big of a nazi to answer your question i will. its simple type in img in caps in to your sig box. then find a picture you like right click on it and go to properties. copy it down and place it in side the imgs. hope that helps :^_^:

Nakkun
08-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Anime Games in the US are slowly degrading, unfortunately. It&#39;s just a fact that when you take something from Japan, it&#39;s not going to be as good as it originally was. Ragnarok Online has always been one of my favorite Anime games. Though the cost is high and the graphics low...I&#39;ve always had a spot in my heart reserved for it. The fact that instead of using a set of characters to play that you can create your own and play with other people is pretty new for Anime Games I suppose.

Hopefully, Japan will step up it&#39;s US gaming.
Who knows.

-Nakkun-

Vetus
10-23-2004, 04:52 PM
I do love anime video games! Both videogames based on anime series (e.x. Dragonball Z Budokai 2) and videogames with anime-style characters (e.x. Ragnarok online). My favourite are Capcom's Rival School and Project Justice (based on manga series).

The Black Swordsman Guts
10-27-2004, 03:12 PM
The Yu Yu Hakusho rpg on snes that game was fun and same with the Tenchi Muyo rpg snes.

Keiji Maeda
10-27-2004, 04:17 PM
I think the best anime game is the cowboy bebop 3d shooter for the ps1

"It is useless to believe, there is no reason to."

CrimsonLumiere
10-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Ragnarok online & Final Fantacy 7 & tactics

[BlackDeath]
10-28-2004, 06:03 AM
Well the west don't have access to many anime games, what we've got is well crap with a few exceptions, and how do you mean anime games, as in games based on animes or ones with an anime graphic appearance?

Blaze auku
10-28-2004, 06:35 AM
gungrave overdose oh yeah

Blaze auku
10-28-2004, 06:36 AM
jak 3 too

Yunfei
10-28-2004, 06:42 AM
Most reviews anime games get are low

razor_taku
10-28-2004, 06:48 AM
i ,love final fantasy all

[BlackDeath]
10-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Most reviews anime games get are low
As i said, it's because we only get the crap ones on this side of the globe!

And FF is not an anime title by the way, nor is it related to anime

Yunfei
10-29-2004, 04:37 AM
Autually I got to say that DBZ Budoki 1,2,and hopfully 3 got good reviews:ooh:

Kitsune-Hanyou
10-29-2004, 05:58 AM
Budokai and budokai 2 where good. simple but good.

Yunfei
10-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Yah I really liked the finishers

[BlackDeath]
10-31-2004, 08:22 AM
Vegeta had the best moves in the whole game, his final flash was amazing to watch and also his big bang attack, but kid buu was my fav charecter in the game, and frieza was also really powerful to use if you had his spaceship equiped.

Deathscythe
11-02-2004, 04:52 AM
Vegeta had the best moves in the whole game, his final flash was amazing to watch and also his big bang attack, but kid buu was my fav charecter in the game, and frieza was also really powerful to use if you had his spaceship equiped.O_O well its obvious Vegeta would have the best moves xD lmao, and kid buu ew he sucks but tis incredibly powerful so yeah guess its obvious hes the best and frieza O_O well cool you can have the spaceship equipped xD lmfao

[BlackDeath]
11-02-2004, 08:36 AM
O_O well its obvious Vegeta would have the best moves xD lmao, and kid buu ew he sucks but tis incredibly powerful so yeah guess its obvious hes the best and frieza O_O well cool you can have the spaceship equipped xD lmfaoWell the ability to be resurected with full life as soon as you die, is a very powerful ability and Kid Buu's moves are one of the most powerful!

Deathscythe
11-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Well the ability to be resurected with full life as soon as you die, is a very powerful ability and Kid Buu's moves are one of the most powerful!hence the "tis incredibly powerful" part xD lmao

Yunfei
11-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Yah his warp kamehameha is awsome

HeavyArms
11-02-2004, 09:55 AM
ok whan you lot QUOTE it make my lost
i wanna know we (the UK ppl) dont gat good anime games over here ?

[BlackDeath]
11-02-2004, 09:59 AM
hence the "tis incredibly powerful" part xD lmao
Boy you must've got an A in english or something cause your really smart arent you!

Deathscythe
11-02-2004, 05:04 PM
ok whan you lot QUOTE it make my lost
i wanna know we (the UK ppl) dont gat good anime games over here ?

were talking about budokai 1 and 2 >.> thats over here xD lmao and how can quotes make you lost x.x lmao xD ah well ^_^

Boy you must've got an A in english or something cause your really smart arent you!

and yes i actually did ^_^ though sorta looked funny O_O it was like weird sorta in the shape of an e >.> but im sure they just had a cramp

LMAO!!

HeavyArms
11-03-2004, 06:08 AM
[QUOTE=Deathscythe]were talking about budokai 1 and 2 >.> thats over here xD lmfao and how can quotes make you lost x.x lmfao xD ah well ^_^
[QUOTE]sorry and what is budokai is it the BDZ game cux that fun and i cant read good so :badrazz:

Deathscythe
11-03-2004, 07:46 AM
sorry and what is budokai is it the BDZ game cux that fun and i cant read good so :badrazz:

cant quote right either O_O lmao xD lol you missed out the / before the actual word quote in the [ and ]

Knightmare686
11-03-2004, 08:08 AM
my favorite anime game robotech. its the only one i can think of now.

Frozen Tears
11-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Guilty Gear-Guilty Gear Isuka
King Of Fighters
Street Fighter Alpha-Third Strike
War of Genesis III
Magna Carta
YuYu Hakusho
Gun Grave
Dark Stalkers
JoJo Bizarre Venture
Uh Budokai 2 wasnt all that excitin' the extra fusions sucked and looked ridiculous...look at Tiencha...He looks like an old man his hair lining is way in the back of his head...and on top of that his special isnt all that good then Hercule and Gokus Fusion omg...he(they) look nothin less than a hot mess...The Huge Chin the Afro? lord...well atleast he had some Killer Moves..But Budokai 3!? Awww man yeah I gotta pick that Up Goku is lookin 2 deadly/vicious in that so of course Im gonna get as soon as it hits the shelves...

HeavyArms
11-04-2004, 09:36 AM
cant quote right either O_O lmfao xD lol you missed out the / before the actual word quote in the [ and ] sorry nothing make you happy do it

Deathscythe
11-04-2004, 10:02 AM
sorry nothing make you happy do it

no.. no it doesnt x.x

Frozen Tears
11-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Well I'll be darned.....http://www.animeforum.com/uploads/tisinc99_1818_81977217.jpg

HeavyArms
11-04-2004, 10:55 AM
nice pic

[BlackDeath]
11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey stop spamming Heavyarms, keep to the toipics, so back on topic now people xD

Metal_Knuckles
11-04-2004, 12:01 PM
i like that game robotech it has some tight graphics and you can destroy lots of stuff!!

HeavyArms
11-05-2004, 09:55 AM
what is that game about it sond cool

XxJBxX
11-05-2004, 01:34 PM
woo hoo i have YuYu Hakusho: Dark Tournment. that game is so0o0o00o-0 much frikin fun. u ppl should try it out. i also Have DBZ Budokai 2. is there gonna be a InuYasha game.

Metal_Knuckles
11-05-2004, 01:36 PM
well i dont know what its about but it is a tight game its all these robots fighting and junk!!

ninjaStan
11-05-2004, 01:38 PM
all the good games r alwayz on PS2 and Xbox

Metal_Knuckles
11-05-2004, 01:40 PM
hell yeah!!

Master_Will
11-05-2004, 01:46 PM
most of the games i like are on nintendo, including all the sistems.

Metal_Knuckles
11-05-2004, 02:03 PM
nintendo heas gone down hill since the 64!!:(

One Winged Angel Sephiroth
11-05-2004, 03:49 PM
I have to agree with knuckles on that...the 64 was okay but with the gamecube nintendo never made that many good games.

VIPER-old
11-05-2004, 04:22 PM
yea nintendo has gon down

11-05-2004, 04:47 PM
they made a few good games but not enough to rank in my top 5 again..if they come out with something thats really exciting like before than maybe my love for the nintendo company will return..until the squaresoft and square enix are my faves.

[BlackDeath]
11-06-2004, 06:18 AM
What about Crimson Tears people!? Surely this is gonna be an excellent title to look out for, does anyone know if it's even out yet, cause i havn't seen it in shops?

rainy_kenny
11-07-2004, 02:40 AM
I want say what i haven't got understand a lot thing, let show me for a some little.

Are there person help me , I very terrible thank you
When i hear my heart , i know that a something, i can make for anyone,
Understand abow me .

Yunfei
11-07-2004, 05:55 AM
I think after the DS is released late November and the new games like Zelda and ect... are released Nintendo will be on top. Just look at the sales of the GBA.

[BlackDeath]
11-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Ummmm.....what the hell is "DS", is it the Dual Screen thing? And i wouldn't count Zelda as an anime title either simply because it's nothing related to anime what'so'ever, oh there's one thing, it was created by Shigeru Miyamoto (a Japanese person)

11-08-2004, 09:36 AM
Wierd, rumors are going around that there are new anime games coming out and Zelda was considered an anime game. I think everyones going crazy or something...the only reason they consider it anime was the new graphics or something like that...

[BlackDeath]
11-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Well Zelda did have a cartoon about a decade ago though. I still wouldn't class it as anime though (the game that is!)

Kumiko
11-08-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm getting the InuYasha RPG game next week, can't wait http://animegalleries.net/bbs/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

HeavyArms
11-09-2004, 09:47 AM
i can what to gat payed so i can gat all the new games like yu-gi-oh for the XBoX

Gil
11-09-2004, 01:49 PM
Ghost in the Shell is coming out soon for the PS2.

Metal_Knuckles
11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
awesome where did you here that from??

Gil
11-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will be coming out for the PS2 this month. It is a third person shooter where you play as Motoko, but can take control of Batou and the robo-spiders for certain levels. The animations in game are astoundingly fluid, and there are tons of cool moves to pull off. A review of it I read recently in a game magazine called "Play," said quote:

"This could very well be the best anime game ever made,"

galdon
11-10-2004, 04:02 PM
i seem to have noticed in the couple anime games that i've played, they are not as good as normal games, i'm guessing its either that i already know the story and they changed it slightly, or if it really is worse though.

Metal_Knuckles
11-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Fable is anawesome game!!

[BlackDeath]
11-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will be coming out for the PS2 this month. It is a third person shooter where you play as Motoko, but can take control of Batou and the robo-spiders for certain levels. The animations in game are astoundingly fluid, and there are tons of cool moves to pull off. A review of it I read recently in a game magazine called "Play," said quote:

"This could very well be the best anime game ever made,"
It's already out now, what country do you live in?

i_am_ranma
11-16-2004, 08:58 PM
personally....i dont like how they made a inuyasha game.

i_am_ranma
11-16-2004, 09:00 PM
speaking of ghost in the shell...has any one seen ghost in the sheel 2?

i_am_ranma
11-16-2004, 09:28 PM
they should come out with a dbz game that follows the story line exactly like the show...unlike budakai 2 which didnt follow the storyline like the show did. and im happy cause budakai 3 comes out by christmas and you can play as bardock!!

[BlackDeath]
11-30-2004, 07:55 AM
speaking of ghost in the shell...has any one seen ghost in the sheel 2?
Ghost in the Shell: Innocense? Nope can't say that i have, although i really want to, is it even out yet?

D2Meep
11-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Try Disgaea:Hour Of Darkness for Ps2 has a lot of anime in it and cool voice add ins with the pictures also evry new chapter there is a little anime style story that some what exsplaines what your going to be doing that chapter real cool in my book and im still playing it lol only my 2nd cycle on it

D2Meep
11-30-2004, 11:20 AM
they should come out with a dbz game that follows the story line exactly like the show...unlike budakai 2 which didnt follow the storyline like the show did. and im happy cause budakai 3 comes out by christmas and you can play as bardock!!
srry to say this but budakai3 was much over rated its almost like the last one ecept a little more free movement on story mode and the thing i didnt like was the fact a lot of the people didnt have story plot in the game but also only had maby 3 moves :( and under the bounus you could unlock voice bites for them but unless you know them exsatlly your out of luck like me i havent watched a lot of the movies so i couldnt place a lot of the voice bites

_CTA_
11-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Ragnarok Online, Final Fantasy x, Yugiou(all) and Digimon Adventures

i_am_ranma
12-01-2004, 07:34 PM
i am not much of a nintendo player my self but.....yes it has gone down hill. +)