PDA

View Full Version : regular cigs or electronic

darkrider21
10-11-2013, 07:35 PM
i bought a $37 starter pack of blu electronic cigs and well its nice

BronyBradyBuddyKiller
10-13-2013, 06:34 AM
This looks like it should be a Blog Entry than a thread.

Anyway, smoking is bad for your health so I'm not taking it up.

E-cigarettes if anything.

Zainox
10-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Don't smoke either. Never have, never will. I really don't see how its logical too start smoking in our age where the health risks are very obvious..

benjamin89
10-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Don't smoke either. Never have, never will. I really don't see how its logical too start smoking in our age where the health risks are very obvious..
No **** Sherlock? You couldn't resist the urge to leave that comment huh? No need for you to tell us smokers what we allready know and have heard a bazillion times over..

As for the e-cigs, I enjoy them. It's good to be able to smoke inside without that horrible smell and filling my lungs with all that poison which a normal cig have. The only downside is that it gotta be recharged and refilled rather often. :|

Eris
10-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Since I have willpower, I just quit smoking altogether. E-cigs is just weak.

Ranshiin
10-13-2013, 11:08 AM
No **** Sherlock? You couldn't resist the urge to leave that comment huh? No need for you to tell us smokers what we allready know and have heard a bazillion times over..

And likewise you couldn't resist the urge to be rude over someone giving their opinion? Very hypocritical, my friend.

Ontopic, I'm probably one of the rare breed who have never been interested in this stuff. Maybe it's because I grew up in a relatively poor environment so whatever money I did get hold of I figured was better spent on things like video games or batteries for my Walkman. I'm the only one in my family who's been like that. Everyone else except my brother smokes, or has smoked at some point. I think he has the same opinion I have, too.

blueangel06661
10-13-2013, 11:09 AM
E-cigs are annoying. The people I know with them smoke them EVERYWHERE.... Indoors, in non-smoking areas, in public buildings...

There's no boundaries with them and it irks me on so many levels.

International 4-8818
10-13-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't smoke all that much. Maybe a drag when I am at a party but all together, I just don't smoke. Pipe and hookah here and there. E-cigs are just funny. If I am at a party and someone has one I just take them and smoke them through my nose.

benjamin89
10-13-2013, 12:02 PM
And likewise you couldn't resist the urge to be rude over someone giving their opinion? Very hypocritical, my friend.
Indeed I am. It just sickens me that so many people have to rub it in. It's not like everyone can just quit on a whim. :|

GameGeeks
10-13-2013, 12:37 PM
E-cigs are annoying. The people I know with them smoke them EVERYWHERE.... Indoors, in non-smoking areas, in public buildings...

There's no boundaries with them and it irks me on so many levels.
Why? All that comes out is vapor. No smoke or anything. It doesn't harm anyone. So where's the problem?

blueangel06661
10-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Why? All that comes out is vapor. No smoke or anything. It doesn't harm anyone. So where's the problem?

In closed places like my breakroom it just reeks

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

Indeed I am. It just sickens me that so many people have to rub it in. It's not like everyone can just quit on a whim. :|

If you didnt want to deal with criticism and people stating the facts one shouldnt have started in the first place. If it bothers you so much stop finding excuses to why you cant quit and work for it. Its not impossible to accomplish. Hard yes, impossible no

DeathBlade/13.666
10-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Well I occasionally have a celebratory cigar, and I'm just gotten into vaping with a Kamry K300 "Juggernaut". It's not so bad, though I mainly have it because I'm looking at the possibility of making it look like Kup's Cygar (Transformers from the IDW Comics).

Though, Rainbow Crash, You're the first person I've ever heard saying anything negative about e-cigarettes. Just how small is this breakroom? Because most places I've seen there's adequate room so that one doesn't really smell the vapor. Maybe they need to change juices, because my stuff is only strong enough for a taste; no smell.

benjamin89
10-13-2013, 02:56 PM
If you didnt want to deal with criticism and people stating the facts one shouldnt have started in the first place. If it bothers you so much stop finding excuses to why you cant quit and work for it. Its not impossible to accomplish. Hard yes, impossible no
I was simply stating how that post didn't contribiute to the topic. There is no need for you to use suppression techniques. I never said I can't quit.. What do you think the e-cig is for huh?

DeathBlade/13.666
10-13-2013, 03:03 PM
I never said I can't quit.. What do you think the e-cig is for huh? For continuing to smoke without offending others with secondhand smoke or foul smells. What, you think people use it to quit smoking? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Only some people do, and they use specific types of e-cigs.

benjamin89
10-13-2013, 03:09 PM
For continuing to smoke without offending others with secondhand smoke or foul smells. What, you think people use it to quit smoking? HAHAHAHAHAHA! Only some people do, and they use specific types of e-cigs.
This is, simply put, not intelligent enough for me to even bother with. /Signing out of this thread.

DeathBlade/13.666
10-13-2013, 03:34 PM
-'Tis confused now.- Whatever bro-han. Go do your own thing, and peace be with you.

GuiltySpark
10-16-2013, 06:44 PM
The real deal. E-cigs might be better if i were a regular or frequent smoker. But if I smoke Im drinking and I just want to hang out outside for a few minutes and get a buzz goin.

And just to satisfy a little of my own arrogance, benjamin89 is right.

Had this thread been titled "is smoking good or bad?" or something along those lines, it would have been appropriate for members to comment on the negative health effects of smoking, or their genuine distaste for smoking and smokers.

However this thread asked a simple question. But i understand and empathize with the needs for others to interject their irrelevant opinions on others. Its a behavior we all fall victim to from time to time. Just so long as we see it and rise above it the next time we encounter this type of behavior.

guess what day it is?? Hypocritical Rant Day!! (yelled in the Hump Day voice)

AllHopeInEclipse
10-16-2013, 09:15 PM
I quit cold turkey back in 2007, but I will occasionally have a cigarette. I do like vapes too just because they smell awesome and have tons of flavors. But nothing beats the buzz of a good ol' Marlboro red when your having a drink.

Deviate
10-16-2013, 10:24 PM
The current lack of available research on e-cigarettes and the potential health risks posed by the use of these products, both to the user and to the people around them, is of grave concern. The burden of proof rests on the manufacturers of e-cigarettes to demonstrate that their products are safe. At this time, E-cigarettes are unregulated in the United States; no laws make manufacturers tell you what you are actually inhaling.

An FDA analysis of some e-cigarette products found low levels of nitrosamines, ethylene glycol and diethylene glycol — all associated with cancer and other health risks — but far less than what you'd get in a conventional cigarette. E-cigarettes still are delivering highly addictive nicotine.

My real only concern is that many teens are trying it, and will probably end up addicted too. With them coming in kid friendly flavors like Cookies&Cream and Gummy Bear.

ONTOPIC!!!

If I had too chose, it would be an E-Cigarette

RyuTama
10-17-2013, 03:31 AM
I get nauseated if I just catch a quick whiff of the stuff. You think, after living with it for your whole childhood, you wouldn't really notice the smell anymore. Guess not.

But candy cigs, on the other hand...

http://www.oldestsweetshop.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/69e56f6524f6e392acc6de36bd359e85/c/a/candy_sticks_2.jpg

...are the bomb.

darksky967
10-19-2013, 07:32 PM
what about papers n' nicotine

DeathBlade/13.666
10-19-2013, 11:24 PM
The current lack of available research on e-cigarettes and the potential health risks posed by the use of these products, both to the user and to the people around them, is of grave concern. The burden of proof rests on the manufacturers of e-cigarettes to demonstrate that their products are safe. At this time, E-cigarettes are unregulated in the United States; no laws make manufacturers tell you what you are actually inhaling.

An FDA analysis of some e-cigarette products found low levels of nitrosamines, ethylene glycol and diethylene glycol — all associated with cancer and other health risks — but far less than what you'd get in a conventional cigarette. E-cigarettes still are delivering highly addictive nicotine.

My real only concern is that many teens are trying it, and will probably end up addicted too. With them coming in kid friendly flavors like Cookies&Cream and Gummy Bear.

ONTOPIC!!!

If I had too chose, it would be an E-CigaretteThey do have 0 nicotine juices, and according to a friend that runs a Vapor Shop, they are becoming quite the hot ticket item.

DOOM!
10-21-2013, 04:22 PM
None; rolled tobacco is for the best and hated by all the rest.

Kaleohano
10-21-2013, 11:15 PM
I've smoked Mar-brah Red 100's for the last 6 years. I Dont see that changing any time soon.