PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILERS][Anime] The World God Only Knows Season 3 Review

Sustainna
09-23-2013, 06:34 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/TWGOK_VOLUME_3.jpg

Synopsis: Keima, a high school student, is an avid player of romantic simulation games. He is known on the Internet as the "Divine Capturer" for his legendary skills to "capture" any 2D girl in games. In his real school life, Keima is considered nothing but a gloomy geek with thick glasses.

Note: This is for the THIRD season alone, not a full anime review. These are strictly MY opinion, and not anyone elses.

SPOILERS AHEAD. If you wish to not be spoiled from the anime or manga read no further.

Characters: 9/10. Despite being the same characters from the previous anime seasons (for the most part). We get to see more back ground into each and every heroine. Chihiro and Ayumi, being perhaps two of the most important heroines, get extended story in their side of the arc, as well as Kanon, and newcomers to the anime adaptation (Though present in the manga), Tsukiyo, Yui, and Tenri (Previously seen in the OVA). all have a role to play, which makes each individual shine brightly in their own light. Keima's more serious and selfless side becomes more clear than ever before, making him more likable.

Story: 8/10 As Keima and Elsie continue to capture loose souls, things get much more serious, as Diana (The "loose soul" later confirmed to be one of the six godesses) reveals vital information as her sisters are awakening inside hosts, all of which are previous conquests, restoring each of their memories, causing trouble as each one of them must be conqured all over again. The story becomes more romance and action driven as new enemies appear which threaten the lives of keima and anyone hes close to. Though through all the drama theres less room for the anime's well known goofiness to slip through, and leaving out the gap which keima met these characters are the only problems i see.

Art/Visuals: 10/10 The animation is as playfull, smooth, and top-knotch as usual, even improving slightly in some areas. The character design for each character, even different costumes for each, match each personality perfectly, including new ones for already existing characters. The visuals shine more brightly than before.

Music/Voice: 10/10 The soundtrack still perfectly gives you a feeling for whatever is around the character, may it be mayhem, hope, love, or jokes. the voice acting is very professional, and the best you will find in an anime.

Final Verdict: 9/10. The anime is nearly the perfect example of what an anime should be, the music and art is near perfection, and the characters have never shined so brightly, however some holes in the story may leave newcomers and fans confused.

Peppermint Hearts
01-27-2016, 04:18 PM
As usual, I loved this because this is one of my favorite anime series, but we didn't get to see Elsie that much, and she is so much fun.

Zeed
01-27-2016, 05:24 PM
The best anime and manga