PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean Ex

WeyrDragon
07-14-2004, 04:29 AM
hrmmm, i had so much trouble getting a bg for this thing, my brains been failing me, it looks good, but it also seems like it doesnt, my friend critiqued and liked it so give me your opinions :P

Xian Pu
07-14-2004, 04:45 AM
My two complaints are the font and the BG. The font seems too bland and plain for the BG. The BG on the other hand seems a bit TOO grainy. Maybe a slight motion or gaussian blur and smooth it out juuuust so. Other than that I'd say that this is a winner.

WeyrDragon
07-14-2004, 07:33 AM
I went for a grainy bg because in its original form it didnt seem to go with the characters, but i guess i can post it up and see what everyone thinks... as for the text.. well, that'll be a problem, but ill see what i can do.

WeyrDragon
07-14-2004, 07:41 AM
alright made the bg less grainy per request, messed with the text (not to much i can do, they came with the extraction and there would be huge chunks missing if i tried to pull it.

whoops forgot the pic :P

*forgot to mark it..

Xian Pu
07-14-2004, 01:14 PM
I say perfection on this wallpaper has been achieved. Great job buddy. :)

escaflownemoon
07-14-2004, 03:06 PM
You might want to clean the edges around the guy's text..it seems a little white or unless that's the outline of it. I am not sure. The second one looks much better good good..I probably would use it as a bg.

akachan
07-15-2004, 03:20 AM
oh good work Weyrd! :^_^:
mhh...I have a question: how is the original pic of the bg? can you post it? the blur is good, but blurring a grain(like the #2 one) is not so wonderful...maybe we can suggest you something ;)
Last thing:
the text: try to make only a piece of text with the two names together, use a medieval font and make it smaller.
B) good job man!

WeyrDragon
07-15-2004, 03:39 AM
Ty, the original bg is not grainy itself, i intentionally grained it at first :P, the text.. yeah i mentioned it before, its actually part of the character extractions, so if i were to try and pull it there would be huge chunks gone from the characters and color matching is a real pain, especially that much of it.

*heres a the wp with the bg blurred without grain.

akachan
07-15-2004, 04:19 AM
last one is better!change the text maybe ;)

KJ Killa
07-15-2004, 04:35 AM
Edit the text so that there is no white line. Otherwise goodjob ;)

escaflownemoon
07-15-2004, 09:57 AM
Yup just the text needs to be change. I know colour matching it a pain. :)

Foxxer
07-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I kinda liked the grainy background! The current one just looks like it's been run through a blur filter. :)

Nice job, overall! Good use of colors, good composition!