PDA

View Full Version : Western / Non JP Animation Discussion Thread

Anime Forum
08-20-2013, 12:59 AM
Want to chat with others about animation other than anime? Do you want to post videos or talk about several shows at a time? This is the thread to do just that. Talk about your favorites and even talk about upcoming animation!

Begin.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Well I haven't seen a whole lot of up and coming animation lately, but I do still watch a lot of old animations from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and '90s. Just finished watching all of the original G1 Transformers in fact. Occasionally, I tune into iheartchaos.com and they have a segment of animations, some newly made animated shorts and some much older cartoons.

Anime Forum
08-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Well I haven't seen a whole lot of up and coming animation lately, but I do still watch a lot of old animations from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, and '90s. Just finished watching all of the original G1 Transformers in fact. Occasionally, I tune into iheartchaos.com and they have a segment of animations, some newly made animated shorts and some much older cartoons.

What are your favorite animations from the 50s?

DeathBlade/13.666
08-20-2013, 11:45 PM
What are your favorite animations from the 50s?
A lot of them are old shorts that I can't recall most of the names of, but some were from The Ink and Paint Club show [Disney]. Also there's many a program like Tom and Jerry, Droopy, Looney Tunes, and Woody the Woodpecker which had been running all from like the '20s, '30s, or '40s up until the '60s, and led from shorts in the theater to full episodes on TV (thus starting the Saturday Morning Cartoon era in the '60s); in which I love certain episodes from the time frame.

XD I would've stated older decades, but I don't want to show my age too badly.

Anime Forum
08-21-2013, 12:05 AM
A lot of them are old shorts that I can't recall most of the names of, but some were from The Ink and Paint Club show [Disney]. Also there's many a program like Tom and Jerry, Droopy, Looney Tunes, and Woody the Woodpecker which had been running all from like the '20s, '30s, or '40s up until the '60s, and led from shorts in the theater to full episodes on TV (thus starting the Saturday Morning Cartoon era in the '60s); in which I love certain episodes from the time frame.

XD I would've stated older decades, but I don't want to show my age too badly.

I never knew Tom and Jerry was from the 20s! Dude, aren't you only 25 xD?

DeathBlade/13.666
08-21-2013, 02:08 AM
I never knew Tom and Jerry was from the 20s! Dude, aren't you only 25 xD?
lol Yea, many of our most famous cartoons are much older than one would think. Just look at Mickey Mouse, he's 85 years old (first appeared in Steamboat Willy in 1928).

XD And yes. I'm only 25. Alas, my knowledge of old things like The Ink and Paint Club, Gigantor, or even Howdy Doody makes me seem far older, even to myself.

Anime Forum
08-22-2013, 12:54 AM
lol Yea, many of our most famous cartoons are much older than one would think. Just look at Mickey Mouse, he's 85 years old (first appeared in Steamboat Willy in 1928).

XD And yes. I'm only 25. Alas, my knowledge of old things like The Ink and Paint Club, Gigantor, or even Howdy Doody makes me seem far older, even to myself.

Wow. I expected Tom and Jerry to be like from the 50s xD. Dude, you're acting like your 80. 25 is very young.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Wow. I expected Tom and Jerry to be like from the 50s xD. Dude, you're acting like your 80. 25 is very young.Well, I do have a lot of favorite cartoons before the war. Well, even some during the war were good; even though many were just propaganda pieces. lol

Velvet_Nightmare
08-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Been rewatching Justice League before I make my way to Unlimited.

Also been told to watch Young Justice, also been told it's crap, so Imma watch an ep and judge for myself after Unlimited.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-27-2013, 08:35 AM

Also been told to watch Young Justice, also been told it's crap, so Imma watch an ep and judge for myself after Unlimited.That depends on how much you enjoyed Teen Titans. If loved the seriousness of Teen Titans and all, you'll probably enjoy Young Justice. It's like Teen Titans, but a bit more grown up and about as serious as Justice League. I've yet to find someone that disliked it, besides a comic book nerd because the show screwed something up about something from the comics.

Acid-Fang
09-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I've just started seeing the commercial for this new show on CN, Uncle Grandpa... Wth Cartoon Network? Seriously, what the hell is this supposed to be?

Needless to say I've got my doubts about it being a good cartoon.

SuXrys
09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Does Justice League count? I want to re-watch that show.

Oh! And I want to re-watch the old Batman cartoon aswell!

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Also been told to watch Young Justice, also been told it's crap, so Imma watch an ep and judge for myself after Unlimited.

Unlimited?

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Wow. I expected Tom and Jerry to be like from the 50s xD. Dude, you're acting like your 80. 25 is very young.

Tom and Jerry seems to be from the 40s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Jerry

DeathBlade/13.666
09-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Does Justice League count? I want to re-watch that show.

Oh! And I want to re-watch the old Batman cartoon aswell! Of course it does.

Unlimited?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Unlimited

Tom and Jerry seems to be from the 40s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_JerryYes, but much of what is shown on TV today is from around the '50s and '60s. Not to many of the ones from the '40s get played.

Animedude5555
09-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Why is there a "western / non JP animation discussion" thread within the "western / non JP animation discussion" forum section? That's quite redundant.

Anime Forum
09-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Why is there a "western / non JP animation discussion" thread within the "western / non JP animation discussion" forum section? That's quite redundant.

Same reason I made an anime discussion thread bruh. This way you can talk about any western animation/non anime animation at any given time OR multiple shows at once.

Animedude5555
09-03-2013, 12:27 AM
I was afraid it was going to mean that you were going to merge the western and Japanese animation forum sections into one section, and relegate all the non Japanese animation discussion to a single thread.

DeathBlade/13.666
09-03-2013, 03:50 AM
I was afraid it was going to mean that you were going to merge the western and Japanese animation forum sections into one section, and relegate all the non Japanese animation discussion to a single thread.
',:l What give you that idea? Just the title alone?

Anime Forum
11-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Anyone watch Uncle Grandpa?

DeathBlade/13.666
11-04-2013, 01:03 AM
I've seen the ads for it, and it makes me cringe... Please tell it's better then the ads make it out to be, and not that the ads are the best parts of the show.

Anime Forum
11-04-2013, 01:14 AM
I've seen the ads for it, and it makes me cringe... Please tell it's better then the ads make it out to be, and not that the ads are the best parts of the show.

It is bad when compared to older cartoons, but okay in terms of entertainment. Judge for yourself!

~OTAKYU~
01-10-2014, 04:55 AM
Whats the first cartoon to be ever made? @_@

DeathBlade/13.666
01-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Whats the first cartoon to be ever made? @_@
No one knows, but the first usage of the term dates back to Punch Magazine in 1843 and their drawings and sketches by John Leech. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon

~OTAKYU~
01-10-2014, 09:49 PM
No one knows, but the first usage of the term dates back to Punch Magazine in 1843 and their drawings and sketches by John Leech. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartoon

@_@ cartoons older then my..... Great Great Great Grandmother! @_@

Toshiro Tazukura
03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Bugs Bunny Looney tunes best ever