PDA

View Full Version : [Web] RWBY Discussion

Anime Forum
08-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Is anyone on the forum watching this Rooster Teeth made animation? Damn, the visuals in this are amazing and crunchyroll even picked it up.

Opinions?

Ceris
08-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Ruby is awesome. That's really the only thing so far.

Anime Forum
08-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Ruby is awesome. That's really the only thing so far.

Her blonde friend is pretty cool as well. For me, it is going really well so far. GREAT intro, but sounds like a remixed english Zettai Boei Leviaton theme.

KazuYuki
08-19-2013, 11:15 AM
its really awesome the visual are fantastic! i really like the character RWBY red :)

Light Buster
08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Looking pretty good so far. We'll just have to wait to see the series as a whole before we go judging it, but it's looking good so far.

Albear
08-22-2013, 12:13 AM
Needs more Weiss.. And that red haired badass dude from the black trailer.

Anime Forum
08-22-2013, 12:29 AM
New episode available on crunchyroll in about fifteen hours!

Albear
08-31-2013, 11:31 PM
I really like the character of Weiss, looks wise. And her fighting style is my favorite.
Her attitude still snobby, but I know that won't last further into the series.
So far my favorite.

Anime Forum
08-31-2013, 11:39 PM
I really like the character of Weiss, looks wise. And her fighting style is my favorite.
Her attitude still snobby, but I know that won't last further into the series.
So far my favorite.

I love Weiss! I actually love her snobby attitude.

Albear
08-31-2013, 11:54 PM
I love Weiss! I actually love her snobby attitude.
Yep. But it won't last though. I've seen enough tsundere type characters to know where it's going.
Only this time, no guy is involved. Ruby might be the one that turns her attitude around.

Anime Forum
08-31-2013, 11:57 PM
Yep. But it won't last though. I've seen enough tsundere type characters to know where it's going.

Weiss is not a tsundere since we have yet to see her be nice at all. She is tsun, but not a tsundere!

GameGeeks
09-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Can't really go wrong with Monty Oum when it comes to animation. Was probably one of the best decisions Rooster Teeth ever made and I'm surprised a game company or animation company didn't pick him up sooner.

DeathBlade/13.666
09-01-2013, 07:49 PM
FYI to the OP. I edited the thread prefix from [Other] to [Web], being that it is Rooster Teeth and the series is posted on their site along with Crunchyroll. I figured it'd fit more.

Albear
09-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Weiss is not a tsundere since we have yet to see her be nice at all. She is tsun, but not a tsundere!

She will be one. That's why I refer it to her now instead of waiting.
What about her conversation with Pyrrah before the forest test thing? She was nice to her, despite having ulterior motives.

Ceris
09-01-2013, 08:18 PM
What about her conversation with Pyrrah before the forest test thing? She was nice to her, despite having ulterior motives.

She'll probably go dere at one point, but she's definitely 100%tsun so far. And just because she can act nice doesn't mean she isn't a tsun.

Albear
09-01-2013, 08:25 PM
She'll probably go dere at one point, but she's definitely 100%tsun so far. And just because she can act nice doesn't mean she isn't a tsun.

I see. We will see if she does, which I am 90 percent sure of. Monty may surprise us though.

Anime Forum
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM

It depends. It may very well happen, but up until now she has been a full blown Tsun. People often mistake the definition of a tsundere as even if she becomes really nice she will still not be a tsundere.

Albear
09-01-2013, 09:59 PM
It depends. It may very well happen, but up until now she has been a full blown Tsun. People often mistake the definition of a tsundere as even if she becomes really nice she will still not be a tsundere.

I think Monty won't 180 Weiss' personality. That is a risky move in character development and is rarely pulled off.

Anime Forum
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I think Monty won't 180 Weiss' personality. That is a risky move in character development and is rarely pulled off.

In a show that has recently been suffering I wouldn't be shocked. For Weiss to become a tsundere she would still need to be mean, but become much nicer deep down and not want to show off that nicer side.

Ceris
09-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Weiss' personality won't take a 180. It's a common type of character development with tsunderes in anime. They'll start off with the "I don't care about anyone other than myself" attitude then eventually begin to care about others but refuses to accept/let others know she cares about them. Hence the line classic tundere line: "It's not like I did it for you, baka!"

Albear
10-19-2013, 02:59 PM
So, you've accepted she will be a Tsundere....

But enough about Weiss.... I'm glad the Jaune arc is finished, more or less. And on a good note too.

Anime Forum
10-20-2013, 12:54 AM
So, you've accepted she will be a Tsundere....

But enough about Weiss.... I'm glad the Jaune arc is finished, more or less. And on a good note too.

I lost interest in RWBY tbh! Its not horrible, but just not entertaining to me anymore. More boring if anything.

Albear
10-21-2013, 12:25 PM
I lost interest in RWBY tbh! Its not horrible, but just not entertaining to me anymore. More boring if anything.

Traitor! Nah just kidding.
I will admit it has become boring.. But the last episode in the Jaune arc made up for it. I look forward to the rest of the season.

Anime Forum
10-30-2013, 12:50 AM
Traitor! Nah just kidding.
I will admit it has become boring.. But the last episode in the Jaune arc made up for it. I look forward to the rest of the season.

RWBY will be the new Speed Grapher. Be on my shelf, but never touched again.

Vintniv
04-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Forgive me if we already have a thread for this somewhere.

Anyone else seen Rooster Teeth's RWBY?

I binge watched it all in a weekend, and I had my doubts at first. But the characters really grew on me during Volume 3. I cant wait to see 4.