PDA

View Full Version : Anime where bad guys win

Clayton_n
07-22-2013, 03:55 PM
Can you think of some anime where the bad guys ultimately win? I love those. I want more.

I have

bastard!!

Slayers

Disgaea

Desert Punk

Kaku Ren Bo

Dragonball Z

And more, but I can't temember off the top of my head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQKGdAsOYM

Anime Forum
07-22-2013, 11:29 PM
The bad guys win in Dragon Ball Z? Ultimately would mean at the end of the series Goku and friends are defeated and the villian stands on top.

RainyDayMan
07-25-2013, 12:36 AM
At the end of "Hellsing" Sir Integra was in Jail. How about that?

Felix Mage
07-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Does it count when the heroes are evil?

SigmaSD
07-28-2013, 11:46 AM
I guess you can say Code Geass since Lelouch was an evil prick. A cool and smart evil prick.

Ayu 「あゆ」
07-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Death Note.

Movie Dave
07-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Death Note.

Depending on your morals.

also, I don't think there's any. As close as I can think is Cowboy Bebop... and that's cause it's kind of a bitter sweet ending.

Ayu 「あゆ」
07-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Depending on your morals.

also, I don't think there's any. As close as I can think is Cowboy Bebop... and that's cause it's kind of a bitter sweet ending.

You're a fool! ALL who stand against the new god of the world are evil!

Sympathy
07-28-2013, 09:45 PM
if you consider Mugen and Gin bad guys for murdering hordes of people, then the bad guys win in samurai champloo.

Clayton_n
07-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Does it count when the heroes are evil?

Yes

The bad guys win in Dragon Ball Z? Ultimately would mean at the end of the series Goku and friends are defeated and the villian stands on top.

Name one main character who did not start out as a bloodthirty killer... or at least a thief and a cheat.

Anime Forum
07-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Name one main character who did not start out as a bloodthirty killer... or at least a thief and a cheat.

Um. What does that have to do with what I said o_o? You're not calling Goku, Vegeta or Yamcha villains are you? By the end they are all heroes. No way are they villians.

And Goku.. He never killed anyone or stole anything before hitting his head. Grandpa Gohan was after and no way on purpose.

Zainox
07-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Berserk
Gantz

I'm pretty sure these stop halfway through the manga with the enemy winning. (If my memory is correct)

AnimeBboy
07-31-2013, 12:30 AM
I guess a part of Gurren Lagann fits the bad guys winning. After what happened to Kamina in episode 8 the beastmen do break Simon's spirit for a few episodes and make him a really negative person.

Felix Mage
07-31-2013, 05:51 AM
Shiki - doesn't really have a good side in it
Shakugan no Shana III(probably would be best for you to watch the other two series before though)

I can't really think about any other now.

Clayton_n
08-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Um. What does that have to do with what I said o_o? You're not calling Goku, Vegeta or Yamcha villains are you? By the end they are all heroes. No way are they villians.[quote]

And Piccollo. And YES! They're all villains! In fact didn't Yamucha go back to the desert in the end presumably to go back to stealing?

As for Vegeta... wait until he sees one of these

http://www.taverntees.com/_images/humor/you-must-be-this-tall.png

[quote]And Goku.. He never killed anyone or stole anything before hitting his head. Grandpa Gohan was after and no way on purpose.

Actually as a baby he tried before he got dropped on his head. He was sent here to destroy us all!

GameGeeks
08-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Pretty sure Goku doesn't qualify as ever being a villain. A bad tempered baby doesn't count. And then there's Gohan...

Clayton_n
08-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Pretty sure Goku doesn't qualify as ever being a villain. A bad tempered baby doesn't count. And then there's Gohan...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyQ8hwfQ_vDX_wFBKx-gLZSdHtQXsTtoHB3fsuXqBoSJMT33dYgA

Anime Forum
08-01-2013, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=Yoko Littner;2777714]Um. What does that have to do with what I said o_o? You're not calling Goku, Vegeta or Yamcha villains are you? By the end they are all heroes. No way are they villians.[quote]

And Piccollo. And YES! They're all villains! In fact didn't Yamucha go back to the desert in the end presumably to go back to stealing?

As for Vegeta... wait until he sees one of these

http://www.taverntees.com/_images/humor/you-must-be-this-tall.png

Actually as a baby he tried before he got dropped on his head. He was sent here to destroy us all!

Yamucha? Don't you mean Yamcha o_o?.. At least get the names right because you already fail on everything else. Just because Yamcha returned to the desert does not mean he will return to being a thief? Where are you getting your derp logic from? Trollville? Assumptions never work in a debate, especially ones that make almost no sense. You really think after meeting Goku and such that Yamcha will become a villian? Derp.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyQ8hwfQ_vDX_wFBKx-gLZSdHtQXsTtoHB3fsuXqBoSJMT33dYgA

So not having any control over yourself and protecting the Earth qualifies as a villian now? Man. This is the 3rd time you've qualified as a troll or just really.... not smart. I hope you are a troll because being this inaccurate may not be possible.

GameGeeks
08-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Pretty much ^that. Lack of control doesn't make you a villain.

Clayton_n
08-10-2013, 04:01 PM
[QUOTE=Clayton_n;2778002][QUOTE=Yoko Littner;2777714]
So not having any control over yourself and protecting the Earth qualifies as a villian now? Man. This is the 3rd time you've qualified as a troll or just really.... not smart. I hope you are a troll because being this inaccurate may not be possible.

Actually any attempt to kill innocent people and or destroy the Earth, even for the best of purposes makes you a villain, even if you don't have any control over your actions.

I think we established that when Sailor Moon's 4 year old daughter was turned into Dark Lady or what not and tried to kill them all.[COLOR="Silver"]

Anime Forum
08-10-2013, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Yoko Littner;2778051][QUOTE=Clayton_n;2778002]

Actually any attempt to kill innocent people and or destroy the Earth, even for the best of purposes makes you a villain, even if you don't have any control over your actions.

I think we established that when Sailor Moon's 4 year old daughter was turned into Dark Lady or what not and tried to kill them all.[COLOR="Silver"]

Never seen Sailor Moon so can't really reply to that, but I tend to disagree. Goku had no control over his body or mind so he is def not a full blown villian.. Especially by the end of the series. Why are we ignoring all the times he fought for justice and risked his life before and after that tournament moment in series? Doesn't that make him a hero? Quit ignoring 99% of the series because Goku is way more of a hero than a villian and same goes for Yamcha.

Plus, looking back at your OP.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Can you think of some anime where the bad guys ultimately win?

Goku is a hero by the end. Going by your OP as well.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-10-2013, 07:38 PM
In Slayers and DBZ the good guys win, unless you're doing some critical thinking of how the Bad guys eeked some small victory out in the end... Also check out M.D. Geist 1 and 2, and anything with the DC Comics character Lobo as the protagonist.

Disconnected Outsider
08-11-2013, 04:20 AM
How about Darker Than Black?

Catokun
08-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Fate Zero. Kotomine Kirei is a 'bad guy' in my opinion...

Clayton_n
08-14-2013, 03:22 PM
So name some animes where the bad guys do win.

Like Excel Saga.