PDA

View Full Version : Do Byodokans Have Normal Ears?

Sky Hedgehogian Maestro
07-15-2013, 04:17 PM
I've always wanted to ask, do anthro characters (i.e. human characters who have animal features, most notably cat ears) have "normal ears?" Every single goddamn time one comes on screen/someone draws one, they always have long enough hair to hide where their humans ears would be.

"Byodokan" comes from biyoudoukan (n) considering all people as equals. Sorry, but calling them furries just seemed silly, especially considering the existence of reptiles and insects in the group.

Anime Forum
07-15-2013, 08:38 PM
I've always wanted to ask, do anthro characters (i.e. human characters who have animal features, most notably cat ears) have "normal ears?" Every single goddamn time one comes on screen/someone draws one, they always have long enough hair to hide where their humans ears would be.

"Byodokan" comes from biyoudoukan (n) considering all people as equals. Sorry, but calling them furries just seemed silly, especially considering the existence of reptiles and insects in the group.

Nope. At least in animes I have seen. Usually the hair is really long so the character is not awkward looking.

Zainox
07-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Having the hair long would also be helpful during cosplay. Not sure if this is intentional.

Sky Hedgehogian Maestro
07-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Wait, do you mean you've never seen any in anime or that there have been some in anime that visibly don't have human ears?

Anime Forum
07-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Wait, do you mean you've never seen any in anime or that there have been some in anime that visibly don't have human ears?

I mean the only ears they have are animal ears. At least I am about certain.

Sky Hedgehogian Maestro
07-15-2013, 09:16 PM
I mean the only ears they have are animal ears. At least I am about certain.

Ah, okay... Still kinda confused by your post, but I'm getting a clearer picture.
To fully clear this up: In an anime where there's a character who has cat ears (and a tail but not concerned with that), but is otherwise fully human, if wind were to blow their hair upward or away from their face, we definitely would not see human ears. It would just be a human head without ears, save on the top of their head.
Hopefully I am getting this correctly because I really don't want to drag this on too long...
You know, that would make sense. If they already had ears, even if on the wrong part of their head, that would render their others ears vestigial at best. But... imagine that, a byodokan/kemonomimi/gijinka with two pairs of ears.

Zainox
07-15-2013, 09:56 PM
I looked into it a bit more and I found an anime called Loveless, which has a cat man with human ears.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveless_%28manga%29
(Image shown in wiki)

So I suppose there are hybrids of both. I've seen some with no human ears and others with some. So it varies.

RainyDayMan
07-15-2013, 11:00 PM

Schrodinger has no real Ears. He has only Cat Ears. I know because I snuggled with him in the Bed. >;=]