PDA

View Full Version : Would you interested in a competition?

Ghost-
06-21-2013, 06:28 PM
It is a particular event I run on sites, a retro competition, would you like to know more, or, are you interested? I host a variety of rewards for the winner as well

Anime Forum
06-21-2013, 06:51 PM
It is a particular event I run on sites, a retro competition, would you like to know more, or, are you interested? I host a variety of rewards for the winner as well

I have tried on this site before, but hearing the information cant hurt (:

Ghost-
06-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I have tried on this site before, but hearing the information cant hurt (:

The basic idea is this:

This will be a mix of two popular competitions on my site(or jonez's). The idea credit goes to pow, and muddy (not that you guys care XD)

=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=
Retro gaming: About:
=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=
In this gaming contest, players will have to reach the end of a level of a certain Arcade/NES/SNES/GB/GBC/SEGA/PS1 game and screengrab the results!

The contestants must work towards a goal or complete a challenge withen the week for the game chosen.

The winner of this contest will decide the next weeks game and will be able to pick from a group of prizes.
----
All updates and blog discussions will be posted and updated at the bottom of the page as they come
=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈

Winners:

Season 1

None currently for AF

=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈

Prizes:

-Automaticly won by winning- Picking the next game
•Prize choice A- A random song (out of 23) I have made for an mmorpg*
•Prize choice B- Your profile picture, or any avatar given an artistic change to your discretion, results vary †
•Prize choice C- Have me do something on site for the entire week for your ammusement (Of course, I'll do anything BUT things that can get me banned)
•Prize choice D- A pat on the back
•Prize choice E- An IOU for something somewhere down the line

*Please note that if the winner chooses prize A you must sign a legal document as the music may not be distributed and if spread the user knows I have full right to remove the outside source and yadayada legal boring stuff
†Please note that if the winner chooses prize B it is NOT an avatar painting. It is a literal altercation of your choosing made by a professional graphic artist friend of mine. I have no control over when it will be done if this option is chosen.

Anomalies
The 'Tie Anomaly'

In the event of a tie, the contestants who tie must select between them a game for the next week. Also they must then continue the challenge of that week with a slight alteration to break the tie breaker to win the challenge

o()xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> <::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::}]Xxxix()o

'Canceled competition'

Any competition deemed too hard by more than half the contestants will be removed. In its place I will inaction one of my own games instead of the winners as the new competition

o()xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> <::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::}]Xxxix()o

'No Winner'

Any competition that receives no entries by the end date will remain open, where the first entry after the close date automatically wins regardless of score as long as parameters of that weeks competition is met.

=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈= ≈
Downloads !!!All passwords are 'WRGC'!!!
=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=

Chatbot's Setup (PS1 emulator) (http://www.2shared.com/file/RW748dE-/ePSXe_1-180_Chatbots_Setup.html)
Demo (Test emulator with this) (http://www.2shared.com/file/i8xw9ALU/Spyro_the_Dragon__Demo_.html)

=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈
Updates- none currently for AFA

The Retro Gaming competition, once all 12 weeks are finished, a tournament of champions will be hosted for the winners for a greater prize

To prove that this is indeed mine own work, in the OP here (http://jiggmin.com/threads/96992-Retro-gaming-contest-rules-discussion) I have typed, 'Hello AF' Also, from that OP there are links to the competitions and how they look, how the competition itself changed through updates and discussions and maybe something else you're looking for

Anime Forum
06-21-2013, 10:39 PM
The basic idea is this:

This will be a mix of two popular competitions on my site(or jonez's). The idea credit goes to pow, and muddy (not that you guys care XD)

=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=
Retro gaming: About:
=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=
In this gaming contest, players will have to reach the end of a level of a certain Arcade/NES/SNES/GB/GBC/SEGA/PS1 game and screengrab the results!

The contestants must work towards a goal or complete a challenge withen the week for the game chosen.

The winner of this contest will decide the next weeks game and will be able to pick from a group of prizes.
----
All updates and blog discussions will be posted and updated at the bottom of the page as they come

Winners:

Season 1

None currently for AF

Prizes:

-Automaticly won by winning- Picking the next game
•Prize choice A- A random song (out of 23) I have made for an mmorpg*
•Prize choice B- Your profile picture, or any avatar given an artistic change to your discretion, results vary †
•Prize choice C- Have me do something on site for the entire week for your ammusement (Of course, I'll do anything BUT things that can get me banned)
•Prize choice D- A pat on the back
•Prize choice E- An IOU for something somewhere down the line

*Please note that if the winner chooses prize A you must sign a legal document as the music may not be distributed and if spread the user knows I have full right to remove the outside source and yadayada legal boring stuff
†Please note that if the winner chooses prize B it is NOT an avatar painting. It is a literal altercation of your choosing made by a professional graphic artist friend of mine. I have no control over when it will be done if this option is chosen.

Anomalies
The 'Tie Anomaly'

In the event of a tie, the contestants who tie must select between them a game for the next week. Also they must then continue the challenge of that week with a slight alteration to break the tie breaker to win the challenge

'Canceled competition'

Any competition deemed too hard by more than half the contestants will be removed. In its place I will inaction one of my own games instead of the winners as the new competition

'No Winner'

Any competition that receives no entries by the end date will remain open, where the first entry after the close date automatically wins regardless of score as long as parameters of that weeks competition is met.

=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈= ≈
Downloads !!!All passwords are 'WRGC'!!!
=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=

Chatbot's Setup (PS1 emulator) (http://www.2shared.com/file/RW748dE-/ePSXe_1-180_Chatbots_Setup.html)
Demo (Test emulator with this) (http://www.2shared.com/file/i8xw9ALU/Spyro_the_Dragon__Demo_.html)

=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈=≈ =≈
Updates- none currently for AFA

The Retro Gaming competition, once all 12 weeks are finished, a tournament of champions will be hosted for the winners for a greater prize

To prove that this is indeed mine own work, in the OP here (http://jiggmin.com/threads/96992-Retro-gaming-contest-rules-discussion) I have typed, 'Hello AF' Also, from that OP there are links to the competitions and how they look, how the competition itself changed through updates and discussions and maybe something else you're looking for

Sounds pretty interesting and is worth a try. I'm just not sure how interested AF members will be, but I'll support it.

Ghost-
06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Sounds pretty interesting and is worth a try. I'm just not sure how interested AF members will be, but I'll support it.

Well, I've hosted this to either succeed or fail on several places such as:

Jiggmin.com - Success - Jiggmin(dev) to give prizes to the tournament winners
Arpegi - In progress -
Raocow's talkhaus - failure (for now)
Several private sites -successful -

And now this one, I've had quite some time to work out the competition formula... however, recently I lost a lot of accounts and data because of a bricked kindle.... whitch then led to those accounts hacked the next day. Been pretty busy recovering all that data and account information. It's been tough.

But anyways, Ideally, if there are at least 2 people that compete in any given week then it will be fun, it really is up to the forum. I can promote it how I want but it's up to you guys haha. Anyways, The important thing is though that by the end of 12 weeks, that we have 8-12 unique winners to moveon to the tournament of champions. The whole event is actually pretty long haha, and is carried in 2 phases, the WRGC phase and the ToC phase, before that season ends. I run the first phase entirely by myself, but the second phase requires staffing help, but we'll get there when we do.

The winner of the tournament of champions either gets something from the forum owner/admins (if they chose to) and a money prizefighter from myself of either steam, psn, Nintendo points(or whatever it's called) or some Microsoft points.

The competition is customizable in the sense that every site is unique as the site itself can, through majority vote, can modify the rules slightly or add/remove something.

Now that the whole premise and the whole bare bones of it is all explained. What do you think? Still support it?

Anime Forum
06-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Well, I've hosted this to either succeed or fail on several places such as:

Jiggmin.com - Success - Jiggmin(dev) to give prizes to the tournament winners
Arpegi - In progress -
Raocow's talkhaus - failure (for now)
Several private sites -successful -

And now this one, I've had quite some time to work out the competition formula... however, recently I lost a lot of accounts and data because of a bricked kindle.... whitch then led to those accounts hacked the next day. Been pretty busy recovering all that data and account information. It's been tough.

But anyways, Ideally, if there are at least 2 people that compete in any given week then it will be fun, it really is up to the forum. I can promote it how I want but it's up to you guys haha. Anyways, The important thing is though that by the end of 12 weeks, that we have 8-12 unique winners to moveon to the tournament of champions. The whole event is actually pretty long haha, and is carried in 2 phases, the WRGC phase and the ToC phase, before that season ends. I run the first phase entirely by myself, but the second phase requires staffing help, but we'll get there when we do.

The winner of the tournament of champions either gets something from the forum owner/admins (if they chose to) and a money prizefighter from myself of either steam, psn, Nintendo points(or whatever it's called) or some Microsoft points.

The competition is customizable in the sense that every site is unique as the site itself can, through majority vote, can modify the rules slightly or add/remove something.

Now that the whole premise and the whole bare bones of it is all explained. What do you think? Still support it?

Microsoft points? I'm in! Not sure if the admins would get involved.. but you still have my support.

Ghost-
06-22-2013, 03:13 AM
Microsoft points? I'm in! Not sure if the admins would get involved.. but you still have my support.

Sounds great! I'll start this event in about a week, no need to rush haha

Ghost-
06-23-2013, 07:22 AM
This whole project is back on the shelf until I get approval, sorry Anime

Ghost-
06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
The premise is changed, or at least the subject game material, the competition will not feature emulation of officially licensed games, so instead, we are going to use games from the interwebs for our competition :3