PDA

View Full Version : Ask Me Any Question!!

Rem
07-08-2004, 02:17 AM
ask any sega related question and i will do my best to answer it :D

The Black Swordsman Guts
07-09-2004, 06:26 PM
have you played shenmue 2

Rem
07-09-2004, 10:57 PM
yes i have and it is an amazing game

Prophet
07-11-2004, 08:17 PM
Why did sega go down hill after the Genisis system...

Rem
07-11-2004, 11:50 PM
ah a very good question their are many reasons let me exspalian i will start from the beginning in 1989 sega released the genisis and it had much fan fare than the turbo grafics-16 made the turbo cd and to keep up with the times sega made the sega cd many purchased the 200$ ad on but their were so few games that were any good it eventuly dies but to go on sega does well for the next 4 years and then 1994 came around the turbo grafics was dead new systems like the cd>1 and jaguar were dieing and the next gen consoles were being planned sgea wanted to give 32 bit gameing to those to poor to buy a 32 bit system so they created the 32X it was "another" 200$ add on which many pony uped for but then sega did another fool thing they released the saturn a full six months early to get the drop on sony but sega priced the saturn at 400$ and many had just payed 200$ for a now "dead" add on in its entire 2 year run the 32X made only 24 games so many sega fans were mad and decided to go with sony which had a slimer price tag of 250$ so the saturn was already in trouble and to make things worse the psx was getting all the third party support and saturn was getting the cold shoulder over the next three years the saturn made many good games but it didnt matter in 1998 sega admited defeat and anounced the makeing of the dream cast many critics and fans (mr included) were hopeing this would be segas second comeing wheran the dream cast came out it sold marginily well and it had a gerth of great games on it however many just waited for the ps2 and whean it finaly arived sony crushed sega once again the dream cast released 248 games in the u.s. sega then made a state ment saying they would leave the console industry will they ever make a new system who knows but im always kepping my fingers crost but that is why sega is no longer the giant it was

The Black Swordsman Guts
07-12-2004, 03:05 AM
did you get monkey roll drop on shenmue 2 I've done it before but not all of it the furthest i got was on someones shoulders but thats it i know there's more to it what do i do after that. I dont know if there's a difference but I'm talking about the one on dreamcast not xbox version I'm still at the beginning on that one. If you do know whats the difference between the dreamcast shenmue 2 and the xbox shenmue 2 besides the movie that comes with it I mean gameplay is there anything different at all.

Regex
07-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Sega was smart to get out of the console industry. While they have always been good with the games they came out with, their systems were always too little, too late. (or in the case of the Game Gear, too big) The fact of the matter is, it was the old CEO's dying wish for them to withdraw from the hardware race. It's something they should have done long ago. They don't know how to market their systems properly, and couldn't compete with Nintendo because of it. And then when Sony got involved, it just got that much more difficult.

Rem
07-12-2004, 12:54 PM
member name thats not realy true the saturn did have a lack of sdds in the u.s. but in japan they had many adds which were verey funny(sega-saturn.com) they almost beat nintendo but sony did beat sega and it is all sega fault but im glad they stayed in the console market for as long as they did sega made many great games
oh and black swordsman the only noticible diffrence between the 2 games is one is in inglish thats realy it

dulx
07-12-2004, 02:41 PM
:D :P jou know the game underworld??? :^_^: :P B) :lol: ;)

Rem
07-12-2004, 03:47 PM
never heard of it what system was it on?

Obsidian Joy
07-12-2004, 08:19 PM
How old is sega genesis?

Regex
07-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by SEGA SATURN MAN@Jul 12 2004, 12:54 PM
member name thats not realy true the saturn did have a lack of sdds in the u.s. but in japan they had many adds which were verey funny(sega-saturn.com) they almost beat nintendo but sony did beat sega and it is all sega fault but im glad they stayed in the console market for as long as they did sega made many great games
oh and black swordsman the only noticible diffrence between the 2 games is one is in inglish thats realy it
Their ads were funny, yes. (The "Segata Sanshiro" ads for the Saturn all still make me laugh) but Nintendo always had them beat. Especially in America, but even in Japan, Sega just never did well in competition. When the Dreamcast came out, it could have been a great system, had it been released 6 months earlier, and been improved in some areas. But it just took too long. Sony had a better product for power at the time, and Nintendo was still going strong with their N64, even though the system wasn't quite as powerful. It had a lot going for it that Nintendo had marketed very well, unlike Sega, which just couldn't keep up. You saw the same thing years earlier, with the Game Gear vs. the Game Boy classic. The Game Gear had so much going for it, but the Game Boy still won, because Nintendo put the money where it was more effective: Size and efficiency. In the end, the Game Gear ate up batteries too quickly, and was a tad too large. The game designers made more Game Boy games, and Sega's system was left in the dust, like so many of their other systems have been.

Rem
07-12-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Obsidian Joy@Jul 12 2004, 09:19 PM
How old is sega genesis?
it is 15 years old now

Obsidian Joy
07-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by SEGA SATURN MAN+Jul 13 2004, 12:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SEGA SATURN MAN @ Jul 13 2004, 12:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Obsidian Joy@Jul 12 2004, 09:19 PM
How old is sega genesis?
it is 15 years old now [/b][/quote]
Wow :o how much is it worth now?

Rem
07-13-2004, 01:26 AM
you can ushaly get one in good shape for 20&#036; or less alot less if you want a lower price and lower quality

Eris
07-13-2004, 10:33 AM
How many transistors does a sega saturn have? And if you multiply that number with the worlds largest known prime number and divide it with pi, what do you get?
If you put all sega controllers in a line, how many inches will it stretch?
How do you spell sega in russian?
Name 14 anagrams based of Sega games.

DizzyFan
07-13-2004, 10:48 AM
What really happened to Shadow after Sonic Adventure 2?

Rem
07-14-2004, 01:22 AM
shadow to mu knowledge dies and the one in sonic heros is a clone
oh and pikune dont spam with crap like that :(

Eris
07-14-2004, 08:48 AM
It&#39;s not spam, it&#39;s completely ligimite questions, you said you would answer all questions about sega, so i asked a few sega related questions, and now you call it spam&#33;

Rem
07-14-2004, 04:37 PM
you know its spam nuff said

dulx
07-16-2004, 05:20 PM
whas sonic the hedgehog the first sega game????? :huh: :huh: :D

JUST KURIOUS.. :P

Rem
07-16-2004, 09:19 PM
no not by a long shot sonic came around in 1991 i dont remember the exsact year but sega made the master system in the 80&#39;s so no its not their first game good question tho

DizzyFan
07-16-2004, 09:56 PM
What was the first sega game?

ecchi_maker
07-17-2004, 03:58 AM
What did you think about the Sage Game Gear?

Rem
07-17-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by ecchi_maker@Jul 17 2004, 04:58 AM
What did you think about the Sage Game Gear?
it was a piece of trash that ate batteries like no tomarro and most of the games sucked the nomad on the other hand was a verey cool idea
and to what was the first game sega made im unsure let me try and find the answer