PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops II Question

Knightsong
06-14-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm going to speak about on-line vs play. When a match starts, why do some people just begin shooting randomly? Does it serve any purpose? Just lets them know where you are. People in that game are really weird.

Velvet_Nightmare
06-17-2013, 08:23 PM
People do weird things in any game.

I know my friends and I will kill each other in the last 5 seconds or so of a hardcore match, just because we can.
Or we'll play basketball on Raid. You know, for the lulz.

Anime Forum
06-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I'm going to speak about on-line vs play. When a match starts, why do some people just begin shooting randomly? Does it serve any purpose? Just lets them know where you are. People in that game are really weird.

I'd say an attempt at a spawn kill. In some odd cases it could very well work.

Knightsong
06-18-2013, 03:34 PM
How so? They just hoping their bullets will phase through the map and kill someone on the other side?

Light Buster
06-23-2013, 06:06 PM
If you really want to know, lag check.

Anime Forum
06-23-2013, 06:24 PM
How so? They just hoping their bullets will phase through the map and kill someone on the other side?

Possibly. I'm not a huge fan, but my brother who plays COD a lot said that is probably why.

Knightsong
06-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Lag check seems to make the most sense. Still I think seeing your movement being all staggered is enough to let you know you're lagging. It's a strange culture. There's isn't much, if any form of viable tactics to use. It's just run, shoot as many people as you can until you die, then repeat. There's no cover, they hate people who camp, it's just running and shooting. I can enjoy the game for a while, just as something mindless to kill an hour, but it really is far from engaging. My favorite thing about them hating campers is the same people who hate that, are they same people who will charge the map and troll the spawn zone killing people as they pop-in. What is that called? Spawn...CAMPING?! lol